UPDATE: Its Another Fire Emblem Character for Smash...

Jan 27, 2011
At first I was like "oh no, is this another Marth? We already have 3 of those..."

Then I was like "Wait, he's got a bow? ..and and axe? And a lance? And his sword-whip can spike people above him? ....Alright, I'm sold. Fire Emblem feels a little overrepresented, but eh, he/she looks fun"

That jab at "too many swordsmen" was hilarious too. XD

Oct 22, 2011
I think people are more mad over another FE character if anything. I'm happy for Blyath fans, but the whole reveal felt lukewarm.

Welp, atleast we got an answer, straight from horse's mouth whether Smash counts as a fighting game. Cuphead's there too, cool.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Meiam said:
Well that was a wet fart announcement...

Gotta say... Yoshi was right XD
the announcement happened at 1am where i was and i accidentally fell asleep while the announcement happened. currently watching it now.

as soon as i saw the thumbnail, i've never been sadder about being right. lol

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Yoshi178 said:
And yet I've never heard this in my entire life. I'm sure in some communities it's used, but I wouldn't call it commonplace enough that it should be expected people know since nobody here knew what you meant.

MrCalavera said:
I think people are more mad over another FE character if anything. I'm happy for Blyath fans, but the whole reveal felt lukewarm.
Agreed. But I am at least grateful Byleth seems unique in design unlike some of the other FE additions (Though I admit I really like how Chrom handles, just the right mix of Marth and Ike for me to enjoy). 6 new fighters though... I have my fingers crossed that Adol from Ys fame gets in. Sure he's "yet another sword fighter" but he's my sword fighter dammit.

aegix drakan said:
That jab at "too many swordsmen" was hilarious too. XD
Sakurai knew everyone would *****. It's perfect~

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Elvis Starburst said:
Yoshi178 said:
And yet I've never heard this in my entire life. I'm sure in some communities it's used, but I wouldn't call it commonplace enough that it should be expected people know since nobody here knew what you meant.
Sakurai literally made an anime swordfighter joke in the Byleth prensentation. i'm pretty sure his audience is more commonplace than the escapist forum audience...

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
I hate this franchise with a passion. Every story and character is the same. And smash is so bland. It?s just forward a until the cpu is gone. I think I?m gonna trade it in and be glad I didn?t throw my money away with the fighters pass.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
RaikuFA said:
I hate this franchise with a passion. Every story and character is the same. And smash is so bland. It?s just forward a until the cpu is gone. I think I?m gonna trade it in and be glad I didn?t throw my money away with the fighters pass.
why are you fighting CPU's instead of real people online or locally?

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Yoshi178 said:
RaikuFA said:
You really expect me to play with others?

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
RaikuFA said:
Yoshi178 said:
RaikuFA said:
You really scared you'll get your ass whooped by others?

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Yoshi178 said:
RaikuFA said:
Yoshi178 said:
RaikuFA said:
Last time I played with others, I was constantly called a fa**** for picking people I liked instead of top tier. Why should I stick my hand in the fire if I know I?ll get burned?

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
RaikuFA said:
Yoshi178 said:
RaikuFA said:
Yoshi178 said:
RaikuFA said:
Last time I played with others, I was constantly called a fa**** for picking people I liked instead of top tier. Why should I stick my hand in the fire if I know I?ll get burned?
Why are you playing with douchebags?

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Yoshi178 said:
Oh jeez wiz- OF COURSE, that's what people have been doing wrong all this time, how could we be such silly little chuckle fucks, eh?

Like, it isn't as if we have no choice who we get matched up with online, or who we meet at tournaments, or at events, or at social gatherings with friends of friends of other friends, nahhh... We just do this to ourselves. Yup.

Yoshi178 said:
Really curious why this was where your mind first went when someone said they didn't wanna play with other people. It's such an oddly... childish first guess.

Last time I played with others, I was constantly called a fa**** for picking people I liked instead of top tier.
If you ask me Yoshi that's a pretty good reason to not wanna play with other people in a game, it's why I don't touch things like League or Overwatch myself.

Maybe tone down your victim blaming just a touch

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Yoshi178 said:
RaikuFA said:
Yoshi178 said:
RaikuFA said:
Yoshi178 said:
RaikuFA said:
Because that?s all people are.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Yoshi178 said:
RaikuFA said:
Yoshi178 said:
RaikuFA said:
If he's not having fun playing with others, isn't that reason enough.

Hell, that's a big part of the reason I stopped playing MP a long time ago, because the amount of time I was having fun was far exceeded by the times I wasn't and it didn't seem to matter much where I went.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
RaikuFA said:
Yoshi178 said:
RaikuFA said:
Yoshi178 said:
RaikuFA said:
Yoshi178 said:
RaikuFA said:
Because that?s all people are.
if you don't want to play with randoms. fine. why not play with your actual friends then? ones you actually know in real life i mean?