UPDATE: Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer is incredible. (Added my refletions and a quick guide)

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Man, going from Krogan soldier to Asari adept was a shock.

The former is all, "Grahaha! Flee before me puny fleshlings!" While the latter is best summed up as, "No, not the face! Leave me aloooone!"

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Elamdri said:
endtherapture said:
Just got so peeved by the multiplayer.

If you quit the game you lose all experience points you've accumulated in that game so far, so it's annoying, I HAD to leave because I had a lecture and I was penalised for it :(

Also sometimes the objectives are stupid, like kill an Atlas in 30 seconds with 2 people.
Cobra Rocket
You don't alwayds have a Cobra rocket!

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
Elamdri said:
Krogan are like someone took an Orc's Physique and gave him Eeyore's personality and GLADOS's humor.
This is now the second best line I have heard when describing something in mass effect.

OT: Thank you for providing an overview, I was actually confused for a while about the class system since apparently I got the short end of the shit stick when it came to the starter pack and didn't get a new race for a class.

Rivenart

Feb 1, 2012
Elamdri said:
josemlopes said:
The cover system REALLY needed an upgrade, getting in and out of cover is a complete mess and since the enemies love to spam grenades it gets annoying.
I've never really had a problem with Mass Effect's cover system. Although apparently I'm the minority.

Just a tip: Engi's WRECK shield dudes. If you put a combat drone behind them, then they turn around to fight the drown and you shoot them in the butt.
True that's what I've been playing as, for some reason Atlas' and Guardians love Drones, they'll frequently turn to face them and ignore everything else. Overload helps to to make them fall back, slow them up and get some free shots in.

That and Call a combat drone and watch assist bonus' fill up even when you have no idea where the enemy was.

I've had some issues with covering or popping up to aim but most of the time it's fine, the rolling when you don't want to is the worst. Had one game though that when I started I couldn't move without rolling for a while, I'd just run on the spot.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Zhukov said:

The former is all, "Grahaha! Flee before me puny fleshlings!" While the latter is best summed up as, "No, not the face! Leave me aloooone!"
Really? I just got her on the PC version and I am wrecking everybodies shit. Seriously, she seems ridiculously OP.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Zhukov said:

Really? I just got her on the PC version and I am wrecking everybodies shit. Seriously, she seems ridiculously OP.
Oh, she's powerful all right, especially now that you can combo lots of different biotic abilities. Warp + throw ruins damn near anyone's day and stasis + warp will take of the rest. Also, stasis on its own makes headshots a cinch.

However, she's also fragile as all hell. Came as a nasty surprise after being used to a Krogan who can stroll through a storm of gunfire without giving a damn. "Huh? You mean I can no longer take an Atlas rocket to the face and just keep on trucking? Madness!"

PaganAxe

Jan 30, 2012
endtherapture said:
Elamdri said:
endtherapture said:
Just got so peeved by the multiplayer.

If you quit the game you lose all experience points you've accumulated in that game so far, so it's annoying, I HAD to leave because I had a lecture and I was penalised for it :(

Also sometimes the objectives are stupid, like kill an Atlas in 30 seconds with 2 people.
Cobra Rocket
You don't alwayds have a Cobra rocket!
You get them almost every time you buy a recruit pack!

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Zhukov said:
hazabaza1 said:
Zhukov said:

Oh, she's powerful all right, especially now that you can combo lots of different biotic abilities. Warp + throw ruins damn near anyone's day and stasis + warp will take of the rest. Also, stasis on its own makes headshots a cinch.

However, she's also fragile as all hell. Came as a nasty surprise after being used to a Krogan who can stroll through a storm of gunfire without giving a damn. "Huh? You mean I can no longer take an Atlas rocket to the face and just keep on trucking? Madness!"
Hmm, I'm going to need to try out a Krogan when I can. Sadly, the random unlock thing has yet to grant me the privilege.

violent_quiche

May 12, 2011
yeah, I'm a believer. It isn't the multiplayer to rule them all, but it's fun if you get a good team mix and way better than I expected it to be. It's just nice to play a another part in the mass effect universe

Chevalier noir

Nov 21, 2011
Don Savik said:
Loop Stricken said:
Don Savik said:
YOU CAN BE A KROGAN?!? LOLOLOLOL THATS THE BEST THING IVE EVER HEARD IN A GAME EVER

Seriously people? Why does everyone think Krogan's are the strongest, most bad ass, smashiest things in all of fiction? Did we forget what a goddam orc is? Like....ugh.
And whilst we're at it, why don't we throw a proper SPESS MEHREN at the Reapers? Job done, we can all go home.
Hell, did you see the amount of collectors they fought at the end of ME2? ONE spess mehren coulud take out all of that, and at the beginning of the game too, because he doesn't need to sleep with a chicken-legged alien with no immune system.
I was gonna agree with you about all this weird krogan love, but then you dissed Tali.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Jitters Caffeine said:
Lucky Bastard got a race upgrade in his starter pack? I was lucky enough to get a Mattock in mine.
MWHAHAHAHA!!! And I do love me a Krogan charge! I barely need to use my gun until the Atlas and Turrets start popping up.

(I assumed you were refering to me as I posted about getting a Krogan a few lines up from you. If I'm wrong in this assumption, please disregard this ^_^)

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
anthony87 said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Lucky Bastard got a race upgrade in his starter pack? I was lucky enough to get a Mattock in mine.
MWHAHAHAHA!!! And I do love me a Krogan charge! I barely need to use my gun until the Atlas and Turrets start popping up.

(I assumed you were refering to me as I posted about getting a Krogan a few lines up from you. If I'm wrong in this assumption, please disregard this ^_^)
Oh no, you're correct. I'm trying my hardest to get SOMETHING new. I've been buying tons of Veteran packs to find something I'll actually want to use. I actually got the Mantis 1 AND 2 in the same pack, and I've main'd engineer the whole time. I'd love Quarian Engineer, dropping sentry turrets just sounds TOO fun.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Jitters Caffeine said:
anthony87 said:
Jitters Caffeine said:

Oh no, you're correct. I'm trying my hardest to get SOMETHING new. I've been buying tons of Veteran packs to find something I'll actually want to use. I actually got the Mantis 1 AND 2 in the same pack, and I've main'd engineer the whole time. I'd love Quarian Engineer, dropping sentry turrets just sounds TOO fun.
I've been thinking about switching to Infiltrator myself because that's what I usually play the main game as but Krogan soldier can take an insane amount of punishment. I spend most of my time running up and meleeing enemies to death and only using my guns when an Atlas or a turret is in the way.

The downside is that I'm usually the last one standing when the team cocks up. As much as I can take punishment, I can't handle a wave solo.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
You know, I thought I would be happy as a Human soldier (maybe a Vanguard) but I have to say that the Quarian engineer class is growing on me...mainly because it's the only alien class I have.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
anthony87 said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
anthony87 said:
Jitters Caffeine said:

I've been thinking about switching to Infiltrator myself because that's what I usually play the main game as but Krogan soldier can take an insane amount of punishment. I spend most of my time running up and meleeing enemies to death and only using my guns when an Atlas or a turret is in the way.

The downside is that I'm usually the last one standing when the team cocks up. As much as I can take punishment, I can't handle a wave solo.
I don't have any new races yet, I'll be incredibly excited when I do. I've been playing exclusively Engineer so far just as a strategic move. Most people I seem to run into want to play solely as Soldier, which is fine and all, but you can't have a team of 4 Soldiers.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Can I just say, this game is fucking GORGEOUS! I'm playing it on my new PC and just...holy shit. Especially the single player demo cutscenes, I nearly shit myself. I also love how they made it to where you can make your fully customized Shepard aesthetic now, and then they give you a code so you don't lose all that work when you get the retail version.

Anyway, as for the multiplayer, I've been playing either a sniper Soldier or a sniper Adept. Sniper rifles are great in this game without being brokenly OP. I think I need to try an Infiltrator for their cloak. We had one person solo almost the last half of Wave 10 using cloak and their sniper rifle.

Edit: So I downloaded it on my Xbox and it looks pretty damn good on that too. Anyone know if there is any site that has done side-by-side graphics comparisons of the PC and console versions? If the Xbox version isn't that much inferior in graphical quality I may get it on the Xbox instead of PC.

Setrus

Oct 17, 2011
LetalisK said:
Edit: So I downloaded it on my Xbox and it looks pretty damn good on that too. Anyone know if there is any site that has done side-by-side graphics comparisons of the PC and console versions? If the Xbox version isn't that much inferior in graphical quality I may get it on the Xbox instead of PC.
Took me a search on google, here you go:

http://www.pcgames.de/Mass-Effect...rafikvergleich-mit-PC-und-Xbox-360-868381/2/

You might want to have google translate it for you, the url got messed up when I tried to link the translated one...

Seems the xbox is a bit darker, the pc maybe a bit more detailed in some areas, though lacking...I don't know, vibrancy? But you would probably not notice much of a difference in-game, so I'd say it's a matter of preference...

EDIT: I have no idea why there's two links above, I only did one linking and every try to write a new one makes two links again, anyway, use the lower one...

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Setrus said:
LetalisK said:
Took me a search on google, here you go:

http://www.pcgames.de/Mass-Effect...rafikvergleich-mit-PC-und-Xbox-360-868381/2/

You might want to have google translate it for you, the url got messed up when I tried to link the translated one...

Seems the xbox is a bit darker, the pc maybe a bit more detailed in some areas, though lacking...I don't know, vibrancy? But you would probably not notice much of a difference in-game, so I'd say it's a matter of preference...

EDIT: I have no idea why there's two links above, I only did one linking and every try to write a new one makes two links again, anyway, use the lower one...
I actually did noticed the darkness on the Xbox version, but that can be remedied if it's a problem. The only other thing I might say is animation on the PC is a smidge smoother during cutscenes, possibly.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
anthony87 said:
Sorry for the double post, but I want to make sure anthony sees this.

What's your set up for your Krogan? I'm enjoying my human soldier, but I feel a little squishy so I'm thinking maybe I can set up some kind of sniper character that can take a few shots before folding.