UPDATE: Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer is incredible. (Added my refletions and a quick guide)

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
erttheking said:
Well I guess I can't argue with that.
Dr Snakeman said:
Well... okay then. I see you're a man of very specific gameplay preferences, and I can respect that.
Like I said, the multiplayer probably is as awesomesauce as you two and quite a number of others have stated. I just have no interest in it.

And to be honest, I can roll with multiplayer in the ME universe is a sort of Halo, CoD, or Battlefield sense (obvious balancing issues with the various races/classes notwithstanding). I just think they went about introducing it the wrong way. If anything, it sounds like this is what Pinnacle Station should have been instead of the half-baked, schizophrenic smackfest BioWare instead presented.

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
Dr Snakeman said:
Elamdri said:
Krogan are like someone took an Orc's Physique and gave him Eeyore's personality and GLADOS's humor.
I'm just... in awe of how perfect that description is. You are a very good person for writing it. Although, I think it more accurately describes Wrex, not necessarily all Krogan.

Still really funny.
Did you see the part in the single player demo with the female Krogan? That shit was hilarious.

Also, thx

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
AD-Stu said:
What's not working quite so well is the automated matchmaking with respect to creating balanced teams - last night I was playing as an Adept and got matched with three Vanguards, for example. We still did fine, but the idea of mixing tech, damage dealing, debuffing, etc isn't really working at this stage.
You can change your class once you get in the lobby but before the match starts. Whether or not you chose to do so is up to you.

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
j0frenzy said:
Elamdri said:
sabercrusader said:
I have some incredibly bad luck with getting new races. I've only gotten two new races out of the many, many hours I've played the demo. The Krogan soldier, who, isn't bad but I don't really like him much. I also got the Turian Sentinel, who is pretty awesome so far.

I like the randomness of the packs, just not that it's so difficult to get a new race.
I've only gotten the Krogan solider so far.
Lucky you. I started playing a sentinel because all but one of my booster packs have just given me levels as a human female sentinel. I think I got up to level 5 or 6 for free. The one level I got that wasn't a human sentinel? A human soldier. Fantastic. From what I can tell, I have the internet's worst luck with these booster packs.
Sorry bro. Same thing's been happening to me after that Krogan.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
It. Is. AMAZING.

The single player was about what I was expecting from a Mass Effect game which is a good thing. Multiplayer though has been such a blast! I got together a full party of friends and we played for hours. The maps are fun to play on, the weapons are fun to use, the powers are even more fun to use...

The difficulty pulls no punches either! At first I struggled with bronze but eventually my group of friends started dominating it pretty easily, however with all our characters around lvl 10 even with mics and 100% organization we only were able to beat silver once out of 5 or 6 tries! I fear how bad gold would be!

Plus this is only the demo! With only 2 maps and 1 enemy faction! I've been playing the shit out of the demo and who knows how many maps and factions will be in the final version.

The "tacked on" multiplayer was resources very, VERY well spent.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Chairman Miaow said:
anthony87 said:
Zeel said:
No sir, auto dialogue is not a choice. I don't remember choosing my shepard to say "WE FIGHT OR WE DIE". He just did it. In me1 and me2 almost all, if not all dialogue were choosen by the player.
So what? You want to be able to choose EVERY WORD that Sheppard says?
I think the complaint here isn't deciding everything Shepard says because that would just get tedious, more that in the opening of the demo, you had no say in what Shepard said and he ended up spouting off like a retard.
That may have been cut from the demo.

The demo is the maximum size it's allowed to be, that's why some of the textures are a bit off, and some dialogue decision sections may very well have been cut in order to fit it all in the download.
I've heard this a lot but I don't quite understand why a demo as a maximum size? Also to me it doesn't really matter whether or not I got to choose the dialogue there, I didn't feel it was up to standard at all. The gameplay was amazing so please don't think I'm just a random hater.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Chairman Miaow said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Chairman Miaow said:
anthony87 said:
Zeel said:
No sir, auto dialogue is not a choice. I don't remember choosing my shepard to say "WE FIGHT OR WE DIE". He just did it. In me1 and me2 almost all, if not all dialogue were choosen by the player.
So what? You want to be able to choose EVERY WORD that Sheppard says?
I think the complaint here isn't deciding everything Shepard says because that would just get tedious, more that in the opening of the demo, you had no say in what Shepard said and he ended up spouting off like a retard.
That may have been cut from the demo.

The demo is the maximum size it's allowed to be, that's why some of the textures are a bit off, and some dialogue decision sections may very well have been cut in order to fit it all in the download.
I've heard this a lot but I don't quite understand why a demo as a maximum size? Also to me it doesn't really matter whether or not I got to choose the dialogue there, I didn't feel it was up to standard at all. The gameplay was amazing so please don't think I'm just a random hater.
to be honest I'm not sure about that either but they may have removed stuff to make the demo more compatible with different systems hardware that people have or that may be wishful thinking. its a prologue type deal so i wasn't expect a lot of choices anyway

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
Chairman Miaow said:
Pretty sure the maximum size limitation was an XBox thing.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
AD-Stu said:
Chairman Miaow said:
Pretty sure the maximum size limitation was an XBox thing.
So tempting to go into "DAMN XBOXS! COMING OVER HERE, STEALING OUR HIGH RES!" mode.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I loved it, but I'm still skeptic about the MP having influence on the SP game. Also, right now I'm getting a bit tired of the same two maps, so I'll quit it and wait for the actual game to come out. But it was great, really great.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
I was a bit finicky towards ME:3 having multiplayer since it's a single player experience, but after playing the demo it's actually quite enjoyable.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I thought Zeel was a bad troll. Now I think that he may just be stupid, im pretty sure he is.
/quote]

Yeah, the "logic" that people constantly came up with good arguments for but you constantly dismissed them, and practically everyone on this site, even people who don't like ME3, think that you're a few crayons short of a box, that's not the kind of "logic" that I smile on.

As for your other question, I am an ME fan that frequents this website a lot, are you really surprised that you keep bumping into me? If I really had it in for you, I would reply to every post that you ever made, I did not.

Who the Hell do I think I am?......WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!
http://www.animewapers.com/wp-content/gallery/gurren-lagann-scans/AnimeWapers_com%2092662%20cape%20kamina%20male%20nishigori_atsushi%20sword%20tengen_toppa_gurren_lagann.jpg[/quote]

Congratulations. You have just won the argument and thread.

OT: I played the demo, I wasn't really impressed. It's okay but I don't really like it, I have probably just gotten bored of all the horde modes but it didn't really impress me and I can't help but feel that it is tacked on. I have nothing against it but I doubt it will affect how much I enjoy the game.

Haxxle

Jan 14, 2011
The multiplayer may not be market breaking, but damn its just satisfying to play and complete all eleven waves.

Aug 1, 2010
Can we get the mods to nuke this flamewar from orbit? Please???

OT: I am VERY pleasantly surprised.

I was fully on board with the "Fuck Bioware and their tacked on multiplayer bullshit!" school of though, but after playing for MANY hours and still wanting more, I can safely say it's great.

I am currently loving my Female Infiltrator. It seems very few people play this class, but I'm having a ball with the cloaking-sniper-stickynade gameplay.

Best story so far is having my team get wiped out and taking on 12 guys and an Atlas by myself at level 3. I am rather proud of that...

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
I hate the MP because I love it. It uses booster pack/Diablo skinner box lootwhore logic to keep you playing for a gun/character for playing. It also uses Dark/Demon's Souls logic of "It's really hard! Beating it will means you are awesome!." It's addicting enough that people don't stop and ask why the hell they are doing it.

But I love it. I've already got 2 classes to level 20... :(