UPDATE: Microsoft Announces Left 4 Dead 2

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
scotth266 said:
JWAN said:
I think they bought the title to the game. They have hundreds of millions of dollars and they will use it
Or it could just be the fact that the game is only being released on the 360 and PC, by the looks of it. Both are Microsoft territory. Hence why they announced it.

Medic Heavy said:
Listen to this man: his words are the shining bacon beacon of reason.

While my initial reaction was very negative, I had forgotten two things: first, that this is a teaser, designed only to say that the game is being made in some form. Secondly, Valve subscribes to the same design philosophy as Blizzard: they release games when they are DONE, as in perfected. So it'll be a long time before the sequel comes along, and during that time who knows what they'll add to the original game? They already had the Survival mode update...
right but were going off of when they say it will be released not when a random forum crawler BELIEVES it will be released.
I think its Valves baby so they should show it off. If Microsoft starts digging into it I'm afraid they might muck with it too much and turn the golden child into a shortbus seatwarmer.

Aegwadar

Apr 2, 2009
HaloHappy said:
Aegwadar said:
HaloHappy said:
Aegwadar said:
HaloHappy said:
If this is legit, then either Valve was developing the second one while waiting to release the first, they're working on this instead of the next Half-Life, or I'm a monkey's uncle.
I'm going to go with this.

I'm happy either way; I don't give a hoot about all the other junk... I like L4D; Just hope they still let User Created Maps become playable soon.
Holy crap, I think it is legit, it's got a trailer. I'll be happy also, just hope that the creative tools for the PC get transferred to the console versions...and maybe a character creator.
Not likely anytime soon. A char creator though... Seems feasible.
Think about it though, it'd make the experience more immersive, since you'd create something pretty close to yourself.
I'm not doubting the "fun" factor of being able to create characters on the console version; I'm just doubting the creative tools aspect, Such as customizable content outside of characters... Just don't think consoles have the gusto yet.

HaloHappy

Sep 7, 2008
Aegwadar said:
HaloHappy said:
Aegwadar said:
HaloHappy said:
Aegwadar said:
HaloHappy said:
If this is legit, then either Valve was developing the second one while waiting to release the first, they're working on this instead of the next Half-Life, or I'm a monkey's uncle.
I'm going to go with this.

I'm happy either way; I don't give a hoot about all the other junk... I like L4D; Just hope they still let User Created Maps become playable soon.
Holy crap, I think it is legit, it's got a trailer. I'll be happy also, just hope that the creative tools for the PC get transferred to the console versions...and maybe a character creator.
Not likely anytime soon. A char creator though... Seems feasible.
Think about it though, it'd make the experience more immersive, since you'd create something pretty close to yourself.
I'm not doubting the "fun" factor of being able to create characters on the console version; I'm just doubting the creative tools aspect, Such as customizable content outside of characters... Just don't think consoles have the gusto yet.
Yea, I mean, with a mouse, you have more control over what your drawing, you can get stuff from online. But with the 360, it may feel sloppy and weird.