sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
AceDiamond said:
sanzo said:
AceDiamond said:
sanzo said:
AceDiamond said:
sanzo said:
Yeah, let's hide who we are inside because some people might not like it. That won't cause any sort of depression, or long term mental instabilities

I hope you like sarcasm, because there's a lot in there
Yeah I love how not mentioning it on XBox Live where you're not allowed to mention any orientation at all counts as "hiding who you are inside". Do people on XBox Live only go on XBox Live to interact with anybody? Probably not for the most part. You can be open with your orientation anywhere else but a place where according to the EULA you can't say a damn thing because it violates the Terms of Service.

But no, I'm sure that not mentioning it counts as hiding who you are at all times, yes, surely.

I hope you like sarcasm as much as I like sarcasm.
I wasn't talking just about on live; I was responding to the "Why do it if people don't like it argument." Because, obviously, what the masses think is always right, so conform, or else. And those jackasses who call other people "fags" and teabag corpses obviously aren't violating the EULA. Most certainly not.

The people who use racial and sexual slurs are a lot worse than this, because they're using it in a derogatory way, whereas this woman was just expressing who she is. See what's wrong about that?

It's like I said before: Just because it's hard to catch, doesn't mean it's not wrong.

And yes, I do love sarcasm; it's delicious
Yeah and I'm sure you did everything you could to report the people who use such slurs. No of course you didn't. Continue to blame Microsoft for everything though, cause clearly they took a personal vested interest in this case, just like every case. They clearly have the power to observe millions upon millions of reports.

No you just want to blame people you think you can harm, rather than the users who gave her the trouble she brought on herself by thinking it was soooooo damn important people know her orientation. Because you know, that's apparently the only place she could be open about it, despite the explicit statement that she couldn't (perhaps because it has nothing to do with gaming)

"Man if only we'd asked that lesbian to play, we wouldn't be getting our asses kicked on Valhalla"

Sweet, delicious, straight-from-the-tap Sarcasm.
Thanks for assuming things about me, and then making a personal attack. I really appreciate that

As I've already stated, I don't even own and x-box; which would mean I don't have an account, meaning I have no way of reporting said people. I have played on live before, and I've heard some of the stupid shit that gets said.

And I never blamed Microsoft for everything, as, I have already also stated in this thread, I realize Microsoft can't keep track on everyone, they just happened to step on a land mine this time.

And yes, I realize that x-box live isn't the best place to bring up your sexual orientation or the like, but.... are you ready? it shouldn't fucking matter!

My problem is not with Microsoft, not in the least: They saw a person who was getting a lot of complaints, they took action, just as I'm sure they would have done in a normal situation. My problem is with the people who reported her for, to our knowledge, something that was only stated on her personal profile.

Sorry if I seem snippy, but please don't just assume stuff
And it was something that shouldn't have been stated on her personal profile. I agree it shouldn't matter, but the fact is it does, because people are stupid. And that's why it doesn't need to be said and shouldn't be said. Especially because it really really comes off to some people (including me) that you're trying to define yourself by what you like.

And sorry that I lumped you in with the idiots here who think not buying XBox Live gold or cancelling their subscriptions is an actual protest measure. That truly was bad of me.
Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. People are stupid, and the only reason this is garnishing attention is the fact this woman is a lesbian.

It's retarded on both sides: The woman is getting special attention because of her orientation, and she was also harassed because of said orientation. This wouldn't be a problem if people just accepted homosexuality, and any other such anti-norm, simply as they are. But, alas, people will continue to discriminate, and other people will continue to use said discrimination as fuel to do stupid shit.

Gods, I hate people

ame.kiri.yuki

Feb 11, 2009
I have a strange feeling that rather than being "open" about it, she was being what many people would call obnoxious. The sort of person who will raise a stink about this is NOT the sort of person who keeps a private fact to themselves, and I assure you that who you go to bed with is indeed a private fact. I honestly don't blame random people on an online gaming service for not giving a shit who another random person on an online gaming service spends their nights with.

I do agree that, even working under the assumption that I am correct and she was loudly proclaiming what should be kept to herself, what they did was unnecessary and cruel. I'm simply saying that she is probably not as innocent or as much of a victim as you think. I am not, however, saying that it should not be allowed to talk about such things. You should be able to say what you like. Just be ready to deal with the possible consequences.

Talendra

Hail, Ilpalazzo!
Jan 26, 2009
AceDiamond said:
It's not discrimination when it applies to everyone. And given the treatment this person got, it's easy to see why. Take off the rose-tinted glasses for a second.

Also put on whichever pair of glasses it is that makes you understand what the word "discrimination" means.
It is discrimination as it would not apply to everyone. I am sure if someone put they are a straight male/female from wherever, there would be absolutely no problem at all!
Using the argument that putting I have sex with (insert opposite sex here) would get you banned is pointless, she did not say 'I have sex with women'. She simply stated 'I am a lesbian'.
Also people saying that instantly means I have sex with women, how many virgins out there do you think there are that identify themselves as strait? Quite a few, don't make assumptions.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Xiado said:
What I meant was that intolerance has a greater effect on people. It is not the right of the people to know abut what you do "in the sack" but it is the person's right to say it. I don 't care if is any violation, the code is wrong then.
By using Xbox Live you have agreed to abide by Microsoft's Xbox Live EULA. If you're saying Microsoft must allow you your freedom of speech on its privately owned gaming service then Microsoft's rights as a corporation have been violated.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
AceDiamond said:
Eff. That. Noise. There is a time and a place for everything, and XBox Live is not facebook. We do not need or require the sexual orientation of gamers at all times. I don't care what gets you going in the sack, I care about whether or not you can play. And that's all anybody should need to care about.
Wait a minute, wait a minute, you're confusing me.

From what I bothered to read in your arguments, you're saying that it's fine that she's banned because she expressed something that wasn't necessary. Then you say here that it's not required, and the only thing that should matter is if she can play or not.

If it doesn't matter, then it shouldn't affect you. Yet she put it up, and now you're all up in arms about her "flaunting" her sexuality. But all that matters is that she can play. However, she said she was gay/lesbian/whatever, so therefore she should be banned because of it.

Correct me on anything on the above, I didn't really bother to read most of your arguments with your opponents, it's just what I've seen.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Xiado said:
Jumplion said:
Wait a minute, wait a minute, you're confusing me.

From what I bothered to read in your arguments, you're saying that it's fine that she's banned because she expressed something that wasn't necessary. Then you say here that it's not required, and the only thing that should matter is if she can play or not.

If it doesn't matter, then it shouldn't affect you. Yet she put it up, and now you're all up in arms about her "flaunting" her sexuality. But all that matters is that she can play. However, she said she was gay/lesbian/whatever, so therefore she should be banned because of it.

Correct me on anything on the above, I didn't really bother to read most of your arguments with your opponents, it's just what I've seen.
Don't even try, Jumplion. That argument bounces off him, just leave him to rant
Bah, I wasn't really trying to get an argument. Just questioning contradicting beliefs, or at least from what I've read from you guyses arguments.

If I could remember the subscript code for this, I'd soooooooo make a snide remark :D

Xanadeas

Oct 19, 2008
It's rather appalling that someone got banned just for being a lesbian... Even if she WERE being obnoxious about her status and didn't just have the info in her profile she has every right to be. Straight people brag about their sex lives constantly. If people didn't want their children being exposed to "that crap" then they should unplug the cable, lock their child in a dark soundproofed closet and leave them there until the day they died. Knowing someone is a homosexual isn't going to damage anyone in anyway. Unless of course some asinine homophobe decides to find a baseball bat and make his or her prejudice felt.

I myself am gay and I'm proud. I mention it if someone makes a stupid comment about something being gay, or calls me gay. I proudly admit it. If no one likes it then they can go fornicate themselves with an iron stick.