Update: Microsoft Finally Admits to Xbox 720

Cerebral Force

Jun 8, 2011
Aerosteam 1908 said:
I hate it when people call it the 'Xbox 720'. Jesus, Microsoft aren't the unimaginative when it comes to naming consoles. I would have just said 'the next Xbox'.

As for the news, It seems really strange how they didn't announce this at E3, it wasn't that long ago.
That's kind of catchy; NextBox?

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
So if it comes out this year, then if I buy one next summer, it might actually work.

Itsthatguy

Jan 22, 2011
BiH-Kira said:
And the official name will probably be xbox 360 triangle
I was thinking something more along of the lines of XBox 360 TRI

And for those who dont get it

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
I seriously doubt it will be out by end of this year. Not enough media coverage, how much advertising and hype did they build for how long with their predecessors? Not to mention that we've had E3 and that would have been used to make a huge surprise announcement for something like this.

This "semi official" statement seems like something being looked at bit too closely. Just because it was mention with some products that will be out this year, doesn't mean it will be. I remain skeptical until now.

But it better be able to support everything from the 360 that I have on disc and on my hard drive, keeping the same Live profiles etc would be a nice bonus. I'd want to be able to still play older games with my friends that might not get this right away, as well as me play old games with people that do have it if I don't get it right away.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Did anyone actually check the source on this? Nowhere does it say it's coming out BEFORE 2013. Jesus, chill down and take things with a grain of salt before you start your "OMFG IT'S COMING OUT IN LESS THAN 4 MONTHS FUK YU MICRO$OFT"

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Devoneaux said:
chimpzy said:
Devoneaux said:
Aerosteam 1908 said:
I hate it when people call it the 'Xbox 720'. Jesus, Microsoft aren't the unimaginative when it comes to naming consoles. I would have just said 'the next Xbox'.

As for the news, It seems really strange how they didn't announce this at E3, it wasn't that long ago.
Or rather "The NeXtBox"
Even better yet, "The KineXtBox".

Anyway, I propose the name Xbox Fiesta instead, for no other reason that I like the sound of it.
Will it be able to play Gears of Halo 2013?
Yes, it will. All six main titles in fact. And all the spin-offs, including the dancing game.

Murmillos

Silly Deerthing
Feb 13, 2011
wow,.. this is some great none news... and just as exciting as finding out the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
My money's on another price cut for a whopping $15-$20! Sure would be keen!

And boy, Johnny, you can bet your two bits this baby will play games and shake itself to pieces thanks top top of the line American engineering (Made in Mexico) with great Quality Control! Who needs mood lighting when you're just one game away from red lights telling you it's time to put down the controller and pick up your gal! Good thing Blu-Ray is made with paper, they'll really keep you and your dame warm when this thing lights them on fire! Boy oh boy, I can hardly wait!

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Couldn't give a flying fuck to be honest xD

I'm too in love with PC gaming to quit now :3

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Vault Citizen said:
I understand that it is better to post thought messages about my feelings in regards to this news but to be frank my reaction to this is "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY"
Artemis923 said:
I'm really not that excited at all.

At least it'll break my achievement addiction.
How so? I would be willing to bet that they will continue with the achievements, as well as carrying on your gamer score. Its been highly successful.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Physical specs look about right; about two-three years behind the current tech curve.
(that is GOOD for the part subsidy business that drives the entire console platform)

RAM looks a tad high, the upper-end is on par with modern decent gaming PCs. Then again, RAM at that grade isn't exactly that expensive any more. I was looking at least 2GB, maybe 4GB.
Undersold it a bit.

(not the best, obviously; but you don't need the best computer for current PC gaming thanks to the huge number of current console ports dragging PC down to their tech level)

Oh, and, I really hope this doesn't take off like the 360 did. But knowing the market, they will just lap it up. I don't want it to FAIL, mind you, but gaming has largely gone south for me since the 360 launched and it all has to do with market demographics.

Namely, I don't want to have to deal with another 6 years of shitty PC gaming. Though that may happen regardless depending on how gung-ho the publishers are about forcing increasingly bad DRM down our throats.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
"Online experiences"
Yup. Learn how to be homophobic, belligerent, anti-social, loud, obnoxious and act like a 12 year old.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
*looks at everyone making demands for backwards compatibility and the ability to port XBLA games over to the "Durango"*

Uh... why not just keep your 360s? Entitlement issues abound, as always... I'm not saying it wouldn't be great, I'm just saying it's unrealistic and weird. Sure, Microsoft SAYS it'll be the only box you need for entertainment, but we all know that won't be true. I'll still get this, a Wii-U, and a PS4. Despite that, I'll still spend 70% of my time gaming on my PC.

OT: It's good to get some information, but I'll have to see it in action before I get really excited.