Update: New Fallout 3 DLC Broken, Again

Derpus von Herpus

Nov 14, 2008
I III II X4 said:
From what I've heard from a couple of friends in the industry (one in BioWare, one in EA), the developers test their content thoroughly, and I mean very thoroughly. But the second that DLC leaves the developer's offices and goes to Microsoft, the ball is out of their court.

Microsoft has its own unique way of distributing content, and a lot of times that creates problems. In this particular situation, it's a DRM issue, which is basically a system that attempts to prevent piracy.

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
Yes. I will wait until they release all the DLC-s on DVD or something. I'm not taking my chances with this GFWL clusterf***.

I will play Plants VS. Zombies until then ^_^

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Oh man it's out? Sweet. I'll DL it when I get my paystub later this week. Hopefully the bugs will be resolved.

Link Kadeshi

Oct 17, 2008
Ok, after some fun annoyance, I have been playing Broken Steel for a number of hours. I have the PC version and had the Cryptographic issue too. I found a post on the official Beth forums which might help others with the problem (Assuming it's not fixed by this time).

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=986720

Try that thread.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
How on Earth have they managed to have every single DLC for Fallout 3 screw up so badly? It's really quite shocking, you'd think that such a big name developer would be above this sort of thing.
Well, here's to hoping the release a GOTY edition, with all the DLC on the disk, much more agreeable.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Eagle Est1986 said:
How on Earth have they managed to have every single DLC for Fallout 3 screw up so badly? It's really quite shocking, you'd think that such a big name developer would be above this sort of thing.
Bethesda have never released a program that wasn't broken in some significant way.

It's inherent to their nature. They can't release a fully bugtested and working product any more than mountains can fly.

Dyskresiac

Nov 30, 2007
You people make no sense.

"I'll wait until it's fixed."

So remind me what's the difference of spending $10 today or $10 on Friday? It's not like the price will drop between now and then. So what exactly do you think you are accomplishing by waiting?

Anyway, why is Bethesda rushing their work (aside from greed)? Surely they have some means of testing their DLC...
They originally announced it for March. It is now May. It's lose-lose. Either they release it half-tested, and get reamed. Or they wait longer and get reamed by people freaking out that they haven't released it on time.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Poor Bethesda, they can't catch a break.

But I see it as karma for not releasing the DLC on the PS3 for me to play.
By neglecting my needs, the universe has opened up a can of whoopass on their dev's, causing problems like this.