UPDATE: Peter Molyneux [No Longer] Worried About Fable 3 Opening

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Drama? Will another boy get smashed through a window while his family burns? ugh...

30 minutes is definitely too long, especially since they've redesigned it to be less of an RPG and more of an action game targeted at kids with short attention spans.

Why can't he go back and do some new types of games? I really thought ol' Peter had potential back in the day.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
30 minutes of story might be nice for your first play through but if you play it again, and fable normally has multiple endings, it would be a right ball ache restarting times 2, 3 and 4.

ThePuzzldPirate

Oct 4, 2009
Building up is a lot better then starting it right away, look at the mess ff13 made, You didn't understand what was going on before its too late. Good for him to use feed back, it's always good to get outsiders voice, you are selling them your product after all.

Jul 9, 2008
Eh, I don't think this'll be good. Half Life did it well, but that's because Valve is meticulous about that sort of thing. Molneaux isn't.

JLrep

May 8, 2009
Color me cynical, but was I the only one who saw the title of this story and immediately had the thought, "Will Peter Molyneux never shut up about Fable?" To be fair, it is his game, and other game designers must talk about their games. It just seems we hear about his jabbering more than most.

Actually, what it comes down to is that ever since I played Fable, I just can't take him seriously. Oh, I thought the game was very enjoyable, but when compared with all the claims about immersion, simulation, customization, etc., I tended to think, "It's a very cute game. I wonder if he'll make one for grown-ups sometime?"

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
Most times when people say that it takes ages to complete, its usually a complete load, i remember when i heard everyone say that the first 7 hours of Kingdom Hearts 2 were played with Roxas, and it was no way near that amount of time, even if i took my time and did absolutley everything getting the high scores on all the min games i might have just gotten to 7 hours.

Its probbaly going to be about 15 minutes, which is fine if you dont just want a hack and slash.

Im looking forward to Fable 3

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
Why am I picturing the entire gaming industry standing in front of Molyneux's house with microphones, hoping for a good story?

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
Skullkid4187 said:
UltimatheChosen said:
Skullkid4187 said:
Well I do enjoy drama. Plus it could help me get to like my character better.
Your silent protagonist? What's there to like?
Even if he's silent he can still have great character development.
Because that worked so well in the last two games...

The main characters are silent. They never show much emotion in their facial expressions, either, past the basic emotes you have them perform. I've been disappointed by PM enough to not expect much more this time around.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
Oh boy, Peter Molyneux has a positive opinion about one of his own games! Quick, call the press!

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
Yeah, Half-Life 1 and 2 are both great the FIRST time you play it. After that, the first bit of the game is just zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

30 minutes is way too long. You aren't making Heavy Rain, you're making a game where you're a dude who fights people.

misteromar

Mar 14, 2010
Molyneux is snake oil salesmen. Has he been involved in the development of a good game in the last decade?