UPDATE: Peter Molyneux [No Longer] Worried About Fable 3 Opening

Eatbrainz

Mar 2, 2009
Peter seems to be looking at the right decisions in development (health bars, for example) then doing the precise opposite.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Using twitter as a feedback tool...not a bad idea.

Hehe, leave it to good old PM to do something crazy like that...but, it seems to have worked!

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
well there can be drama within combat too
but idk about 30 minutes (beginning minute or two of Halo CE had you seeing combat but that was really just build up anticipation)

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I just want him to make the game actually GOOD instead of promising it to be good and having it end up mediocre, plagued with terrible framerate issues.

mornal

Aug 19, 2009
I think I could take 30 minutes of dramatic build-up but it would have to be on a scale above that which Fable has previously given us. If the story is anything like Fable 2, I wouldn't really want to have the first 30 minutes depend on anything like that.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I still don't see why everyone hates this man. He seems to just have big ambitions. He's like every person out there who wants to see great ideas in games, except he can do most of them.

Great ideas do not equal good implementation though :p

I like Peter, his games are really unique.

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
Why does everyone hate Fable 2?

Personally I thonk it is pretty good and yes some crap in the game seems like a last second add in but it was still good

OT: OK so there wont be combat for 30 mins. who cares as long as it not just a bunch of go get this bottle from some drunk hobo than its alright with me

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
WrongSprite said:
PETER MOLYNEUX WORRIED?

God help us all. If the king of optimism is worried, Fable 3 could well carry the end of the world as we know it.
World? MORE LIKE THE UNIVERSE!!!

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
Why does it always sound like Peter Molyneux doesn't seem to know anything whatsoever about games or the people who play them? Like every single time he's ever opened his mouth, I mean.

He talks like someone who sees the face value of certain aspects of games, but doesn't really understand anything deeper than that. The amount of time it takes for a game to get to the action isn't in and of itself an important figure as long as we're sufficiently engaged by what's happening beforehand. I mean, if the opening is boring, action or no, then there's really no remedy for that. You spend the first fifteen-odd minutes of Mass Effect talking to people about spaceships and aliens.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
I'm breaking up with Peter, disappointment, broken promises and poor voice acting seem to be all our relationship is about. Now with the needyness it's the last straw. I'm going to find someone caring confident and hardworking: Derek Smart

xavierxenon

Aug 10, 2009
IckleMissMayhem said:
Well, the last 30 mins of Fable 2 had no combat, and he decided to run with that, so why not?!
That part was the icing on the cake for me not liking Fable 2, it pissed me off to no end and felt like a shitty way to extend gameplay.

I don't have high hopes for Fable 3, especially how Fable 2 was compared to Fable.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
maybe the main character won't be silent in Fable 3.

Nothing wrong with opening with 30 mins of no combat. After all, the player could combat as much as he liked in the previous Fables..

Rararaz

Feb 20, 2010
Nothing wrong with 30 mins no combat as long as there is something involving going on.

PM is just getting a reaction. Even if people are moaning that he is hyping up his game he has achieved a goal in getting people to take notice of what he is saying. I personally would much ratehr have a dev that shoots high and fails than one that just sets out to make an average game.

I bet that he saves Lionhead a lot of money in advertising compared to most other large developers.

Terry576

Dec 23, 2009
Eh. I like the graphics, and how the guy isn't hugely freaking buff this time.

I remade my Fable II character as a GIRL because of the male lead's huge muscles. It pissed me off. "Immersion" with muscles the size of my head? Nice try.

whycantibelinus

Sep 29, 2009
gof22 said:
It could possibly upset some people but I would prefer a good beginning to a story rather than just jump into the combat.
Agreed. I don't really look to Fable for combat anyway.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
MortisLegio said:
Why does everyone hate Fable 2?

Personally I thonk it is pretty good and yes some crap in the game seems like a last second add in but it was still good
It was okay the first time, a bit short but okay. It's the second time where you realise it could be WAAAAAYYYY better.