UPDATE: Rumor: EA Already Has the 360's Successor, Microsoft to Reveal at E3

cptawesome

Nov 2, 2009
Honestly, I'd be completely okay if there wasn't a console in the works. The 360 is still a great console that is still getting groundbreaking titles released for it. Basically, there's still a lot of life left in the xbox

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Sinclose said:
Australian prices are still little compared to what I pay here.

Example:a freshly released game costs the equivalent of $100 and a game over 2 years old can still easily cost in the $60-$80 range... '-_-
You do release that a brand spanking new console title can cost between AU$100-$120 (which is like US$107-$128) in Australia, right?

jbigboote

Sep 21, 2009
Delusibeta said:
bleachigo10 said:
I still think its to early for the next generation of consoles. Can't we give these ones a few more years.
I'm going to be blunt: you must be trolling, right? The next generation of consoles is overdue by a good two years, frankly. It's about time, in my opinion.
I totally agree. I though holiday season 2011 would bring a new Xbox. I'll take 2012 though.
And there is no reason the 360 needs to be forced out the door the way the original Xbox was. It could fill a PS2-like role, as the cheap Xbox option. It has a good install base and a good used game market. And I would not be surprised if the architecture in the next Xbox is not a huge departure from the 360, meaning it would be easy to develop the same a game for both platforms at once.

Cormyre

Jun 11, 2010
because everything that MS has said has contridicted this?

Denied there were issues with launch system... lies
They denied the existence of the systems with HDMI saying they would never do that to their current customer base... lies
Said they wouldn't bring out the 250GB drives for solo sale (so you HAD to get an Elite)... lies

There's a few others. Not against MS (as I'm on xbox #6... or was that 7?), just saying, I don't trust a single word that they say.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
I don't get it, an anonymous person who works for neither EA or Microsoft says they've already made a new console, and it becomes a news story? Why do my tips never get picked up?

(Pst... Anonymous is actually funded and run by SONY, who plan to use the organisation as reasoning to put forward new and restrictive internet security laws, post a news story!)

Cursed Frogurt

Aug 17, 2010
It makes sense since M$ has been so quiet about upcoming exclusives, so they're probably got something big they're working on, but with the Kinect I find it hard to believe that they would pump so much money into something and then move on so soon, unless the next console is 100% compatible with it.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Eh. Why am I not surprised?

The Xbox was, from the very beginning the most PC-like of all the consoles.

Anyone want to take bets on what this prototype console is like, considering it's inside of a regular PC case?

(I mean, the Original Xbox WAS a PC. It's entire list of components was the same as a low-end PC. The 360 had a few quirks. A processor not used in PC's, and a GPU not specifically ever used in a PC. But considering the API is cross-compatible with PC's...)

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
ZeroMachine said:
Delusibeta said:
bleachigo10 said:
I still think its to early for the next generation of consoles. Can't we give these ones a few more years.
I'm going to be blunt: you must be trolling, right? The next generation of consoles is overdue by a good two years, frankly. It's about time, in my opinion.
You don't understand the definition of trolling, do you?
People here seem to equate it to differing opinions. I don't want the next batch of consoles yet either. Graphics are fine the way they are.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Your Nightmare said:
Scott Bullock said:
could be released by the end of 2012
No one else found this quite a coincidence?
Its no coincidence if it ships with a copy of Halo 5: Master Chief & Friends Superstar Adventures in Dreamland. [footnote] yay for ancient LRR reference! [/footnote]

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Scott Bullock said:
All this, of course, is to be taken with a grain (or handful) of salt.
How about a minecraft block of sand? I really don't think that microsoft will be announcing their next gen console at E3 even if they do or do not have one especially after they just released another version of the Xbox 360 alongside a new gaming prehep- prehap- pre-ah f*** it, gaming tool bar thing at the end of last year. They'll wait until those things have lost their use before coming forward with the new carrot to lead us on into their pockets.

Hardcore_gamer said:
Scott Bullock said:
That's why I think Microsoft is rushing
.....Dear...fucking....GOD!

No, just no.

After the massive clusterfuck that was the Red Ring of Death for the Xbox 360 I refuse to believe Microsoft has the balls to rush its next console as well.
They rushed the xbox 360? Since when?

Your Nightmare said:
Scott Bullock said:
could be released by the end of 2012
No one else found this quite a coincidence?
lolololol Get everyone expecting it then don't have to bother? Microsoft trolling people with the end of the world.

Sober Thal said:
I wonder if Sony has any plans to.... wait, never mind.
Just had to sneak that in there didn't you :D. Cheeky basterd.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Sinclose said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
In that case I'll admit my information was wrong.

One thing though, I think you meant to type 'realize' instead of 'release'
It's 4:22am. My typing isn't at it's best.... and no, I meant to type 'realise', which is the correct spelling for Australian English. :p

Penguin_Factory

Sep 13, 2010
X2 DOUBLE CONSOLE REVEAL COMBO

I hope this is true, the last time we got two console reveals simultaneously it was great (the "Revolution" didn't count because they didn't show any games).

Gonna have to disagree with that. I've noticed console games struggling with frame-rates recently, I think it's time for new hardware.

gunner1905

Jun 18, 2010
Scott Bullock said:
The new console, which is supposedly still in an early build and housed in a PC case, could be released by the end of 2012, if the source is reliable.
No, anonymous source, you saw it wrong. I know it looks a 100x better than a xbox 360 but it's just a regular gaming PC

SFR

Mar 26, 2009
I'm not really looking forward to a new console generation any time soon. Is there room for improvement? Yes, plenty, but developers already have problems in terms of finance and time limitations. Plus, I don't want to have to upgrade my computer again too. One nice thing about all these console ports is it means a computer with the specs at or better than a 360 will run just fine.

Also, this is really bad for Nintendo. Their new console may be more powerful than a 360, but if a new Xbox comes out a year later, they'll be left in the dust once again.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Scott Bullock said:
As much as you might love to see a new console by the end of next year, I would advise not getting your hopes up.
Actually, Scott, considering how broken the original X360 was, I think I would very much NOT love to see a new console from Microsoft.

I'm one of those guys who thinks we should leave the hardware alone for as long as possible and just let the devs do what they do. Considering how long the development cycle is for a AAA game these days, I'd give it another 3-5 years before releasing the next generation.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Irridium said:
I really hope the next console generation isn't coming soon. It would lead to increased costs for everything.
Me too. I see absolutely no benefit whatsoever in increasing hardware capability now, unless it has a new control method, online system or whatever. If a new cycle really hits this or next year, I'll pass. So long console gaming. Wonder how long you'll survive...
Hardcore_gamer said:
Scott Bullock said:
That's why I think Microsoft is rushing
.....Dear...fucking....GOD!

No, just no.

After the massive clusterfuck that was the Red Ring of Death for the Xbox 360 I refuse to believe Microsoft has the balls to rush its next console as well.

Please don't make this be the case, or else I will choke a cat.
I'm a cat and I feel very scared now!

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
All very possible, but I'm thinking it could take a little more time for it to come out. They'll probably announce it at e3, but it may not be playable yet.