Update: Street Fighter IV DLC Adds Five New Characters

QuiB25

Jul 7, 2010
"What the fuck is this? These pictures look like a fucking parody of videogame sexualization. The article completely ignores that girl's lit up upside-down asscheeks hanging out of her suit. I can't be alone in this. I wonder if anyone in the comments section is complaining about this disgustingly blatant fan-service."

"Nope. They all seem cool with it...I'm out."

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Callate said:
Poison is a weapon fighter now? Final Fight veterans may find that odd.
Funny thing is, there's a bit of precedence in them doing that. They gave Maki tonfa for Capcom vs. SNK 2, and Haggar can pull a lead pipe in MvC3.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
QuiB25 said:
"What the fuck is this? These pictures look like a fucking parody of videogame sexualization. The article completely ignores that girl's lit up upside-down asscheeks hanging out of her suit. I can't be alone in this. I wonder if anyone in the comments section is complaining about this disgustingly blatant fan-service."

We've gotten used to her design over the last 17 years.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
No R.Mika, no Karin. No need to break out the wallet then.

Guess I'll continue sticking to KoF XIII.

Maybe in a few more iterations, SFIV (it'll still be IV) will have drafted (or invented from scratch) one or two characters I actually find interesting.

QuiB25 said:
Nope, it all looks good to me. The wrong characters to pique my interests, but the designs and their presentations? I'm fine with them.

I do appreciate a bit of gratuitous backside with my.. news? vidyagames? breakfast? Actually, gratuitous backside goes with everything.

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
These are.. well, not surprising. Porting over characters from SFxT was the easiest way to get new characters in. I just don't think any of them are interesting at all, considering they could have taken someone like Karin, Oro, Alex or THA ONE AND ONLY Q instead.

Also, I honestly didn't want new characters from the update. All that means is that SF4 is going to need another balance patch down the line. As long as they fix the glitch that enables the "almost-unblockables" as I call them, slightly tone down characters like Cammy and Akuma and improve the tools of characters outside of the top 15, I would've been perfectly content.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
They're adding Poison? Sweet. Now I can uninstall those 3 modded skins to make other characters look like Poison and switch my main. I may have a serious Poison obession. 15 Bucks seems a bit steep, though, so I'll wait for it to go on sale after a year or whenever.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
We knew about this DLC since April. And we knew because Capcom has been taking community feedback from thier official sites on rebalancing the current SSF4:AE2012 cast.

Kheapathic said:
Ugh Hugo... does anyone remember when his name was Andore? Because he was a subtle rip-off of Andre the Giant.
From...?

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
RaNDM G said:
This is literally the same exact game being released for the fourth time we're talking about.
Spoken like someone who doesn't understand anything about fighting game balance. Which, granted, could be handled via patches these days, but why make people buy an outdated game and patch it and buy DLC as soon as they get in the door to remain current? Keeping the most updated version on shelves isn't necessarily a bad thing.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
sluggyfreelancer said:
Dreiko said:
What's funny is that 4 of them are already in existence in SFxT so all they have to do is reuse their assets and tweak the mechanics to fit within the SF4 engine and alter the shadings a bit and they're done. They're DLC chars which are new to SF4 but they're not exactly "new chars".
Let's hope their word of "new animations, specials and ultras" is true.

I wonder who the fifth character is? Hope it's not Asura...
I'm betting on Asura . There WAS the fight against akuma ( or was it evil ryu ) in the Asura wrath DLC , that felt a lot like SF4 . Since Capcom seemed to have taken the lazy way with this ...

I am however very disapointed in not having R.Mika . Hell , i would have added juli and juni as one character , have them share a life bar and be able to instantly switch in and out . That would have been interesting and different.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
Yuuki said:
Poison, Elena and Hugo? Yaaaaay finally, what took them so long? Although $15 is a bit retarded.

RaNDM G said:
Because Capcom doesn't have enough of our money.

Seriously though, this is the fourth console version in five years. How many times are they going to release the same game?
Hi there, please look up what Nintendo and Activison/Treyarch have been doing for the past DECADE.
The difference is, those games are technically different (even if they are virtually the same exact formula). With street fighter they are the exact same game with a few new characters and/or maybe levels. Note they all say street fighter 4. They release with in short time spans, and add minimal content (though you can always add the content to your already existing version of the game for 15-20 dollars.

OT: Not sure how I feel about this. I actually stopped buying capcom fighting games a while back because of the whole MvC3 debacle (where less than a year later they released the actual version of the game).

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
The tweaks provided will probably be significant enough for long-time players to be happy with. Even if to outsiders it seems like the same game (and to be fair, a good bit of it will be), I'm pretty sure Capcom's going to shake it up again for the competitive scene.

But goddamn, their character choice is...ugh...wish they could have actually tried to make some original models. Alex or Urien or something, jeez.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
QuiB25 said:

Uhh...is Poison perhaps the "girl" you're speaking about..?

I guess you don't know...but that's a dude. :p

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Vivi22 said:
RaNDM G said:
This is literally the same exact game being released for the fourth time we're talking about.
Spoken like someone who doesn't understand anything about fighting game balance. Which, granted, could be handled via patches these days, but why make people buy an outdated game and patch it and buy DLC as soon as they get in the door to remain current? Keeping the most updated version on shelves isn't necessarily a bad thing.
While true, Capcom has quite a history with crowded releases of Street Fighter games. They've gotten a bit better though, it's not nearly as bad as it used to be.