Update: Valve Teaming up with Adult Swim for... Something

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Update: Valve Teaming up with Adult Swim for... Something

Valve is teaming up with the network behind Robot Chicken and Venture Bros. for an unrevealed Team Fortress 2 project.

Even if you're not a fan of Valve's free-to-play Team Fortress 2, you may have enjoyed the various Adult Swim teaser site is announcing some kind of partnership between Valve and the animation company, and the Team Fortress crew populates the background image.

Adult Swim, for those of you who don't already know, is Warner Bros.' adult-animation cable television network. The network shares channel space with Cartoon Network, and has aired such hits as Robot Chicken and Venture Bros, shows aimed squarely at the 18-30 geek demographic.

While we won't have an answer until next week about what exactly is coming down the pipe, this website is Valve's usual "drumming-up-all-the-excitement-with-no-explanation" marketing style that got people so excited for Portal 2. It could be something simple, like a "Meet The Classes" DVD; it also could be something completely new, like an animated series or the full movie that Robin Walker <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/92108-Valve-Ponders-Team-Fortress-2-Movie-Possibilities>previously suggested.

Regardless, the companies are promising an answer sometime next week. Let the rampant speculation begin!

Source: Adult Swim

Update: With today's release of <a href=http://store.steampowered.com/video/440>Meet the Pyro, Adult Swim finally revealed that their partnership with Valve has produced.... a hat. That's it folks. A Robot Chicken hat.

Anyone who signs up for the Adult Swim newsletter by July 4th will get a code to unlock their hat, along with the promise that more Valve content is on the way.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
So it'll be unfunny, obnoxious, exclusively for stoners, and last 3 weeks before everyone forgets about it?

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
Funny I don't remember using my last genie wish.

The anticipation is already through the roof for me.

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
Four or five years ago I would've cheered.

Now, it'll likely be something terrible. And not even funny terrible, or tragic terrible, or laugh at the tragedy terrible. Just plain lazy and unfunny.

My guess is those cockwads Tim and Eric both jump out of one pyro suit and do some retarded song and dance. That'll be Meet the Pyro.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
Valve and Adult Swim? I wonder what the hell this will end up with.

Anyway, I like the sound of it regardless. So I might as well happy-dance.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Avoid 12 ounce mouse territory and make it a funny TV series. Each episode is about different tactics failing for the blus

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Dear lord, be a TF2 Animated series! Please dear lord be a TF2 Animated Series!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
Fr said:
anc[is]So it'll be unfunny, obnoxious, exclusively for stoners, and last 3 weeks before everyone forgets about it?
Someone needs to Alex DeLarge this guy down in front of every episode of Venture Bros.

That said, there is also admittedly a lot of lazy crap on the network.

A TF2 series seems too good to be true. I can't imagine a network that usually only springs for After Effects budgets agreeing to finance such a thing.

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
Zaik said:
Now, it'll likely be something terrible. And not even funny terrible, or tragic terrible, or laugh at the tragedy terrible. Just plain lazy and unfunny.

My guess is those cockwads Tim and Eric both jump out of one pyro suit and do some retarded song and dance. That'll be Meet the Pyro.
This made me laugh out loud. I'm in 100% agreement with you, but in my head the deadpan way I imagined you saying the last line was awesome.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Just give me 30 minutes of the Spy being French, the Scout being a Virgin, the Medic being a maniac and the Heavy being Sandwich crazy.

Shut up and take my money!!!

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
It's not a new show [https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/216239895990124545]. So what in the name of Poopy Joe is going on?

[sub][sub][sub][sub]MeetthePyroMeetthePyroMeetthePyroMeetthePyroMeetthePyroMeetthePyroMeetthePyroMeetthePyroMeetthePyro[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]