Updated: McAfee AntiVirus Founder Wanted for Murder

Iron Criterion

Feb 4, 2009
ResonanceSD said:
Solo-Wing said:
Well Mcafee stock is about to drop. even if they are not associated with the dude anymore.

Cool, I'll snap it up, because nothing to do with the company has been affected and the product still works fine. Time to go make a mint.

Iron Criterion said:
Another victim McAfee has claimed, following the death of my laptop.
McAfee downloaded all those things by itself, eh?
Nice try, but I don't illegally download anything.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
Ultratwinkie said:
I think we have a different definition of what a death squad is. I am using more or less using the wikipedia one:
"A death squad is an armed military, police, insurgent, or terrorist squad that conducts extrajudicial killings, assassinations, and forced disappearances of persons as part of a war, insurgency or terror campaign. These killings are often conducted in ways meant to ensure the secrecy of the killers' identities, so as to avoid accountability."
Which obv includes drone strikes, though you are forgetting that USA also does wetworks when needed like in OBL, not saying the guy didn't had it coming, just that as hard as you look for it you can't get a better example of a extrajudicial assassination. And most of the latinoamerican death squad leaders and trainers were actually trained in the US, for example there is extensive documentation that the Mexican drug dealers that you mention were.

Anyway, you are right that Belize is a country with wetworks capable enough to pwn that guy if they wanted to while he was alone in their country.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
That depends, South American countries have long histories of death squads. They are often brutal, and some have the same training as American forces.

America hasn't used Death Squads in a while. They use drones now, which is military. Death squads in their normal form is obsolete.

Mexico is even worse, they take brutality to a whole new level. America just uses drones, they don't go out of their way to make someone suffer and then hang the mutilated body in public to serve as an example.
We don't kill people with people anymore, we kill them with remote-controlled robots now so that's totally not the same!

Ultratwinkie said:
Which my point stands, Latin death squads wouldn't be fooled. They would have found him all the same.
Latin is a pretty big country, though. Plenty of places to hide. I mean, have you ever seen Latin?

Ultratwinkie said:
Dogs? They aren't scared of dogs, no matter how many you have.

House security? They have military grade explosives and training. They will be long gone before the cops get there. They don't even need a key.
You're really playing up these "death squads" aren't you?

Ultratwinkie said:
Guns? Any peashooter you manage to get will be outclassed by the military guns those squads have.
A gun that shoots bullets is a gun that shoots bullets. They can be deadly at any caliber. Just because it's "military" doesn't mean it's magically "better". Anyone who says otherwise watches way too many military films or plays too much realistic first-person shooters. All this talk about "my gun is better than your gun" reeks too much of the retarded filth spewed by those jackasses on The Deadliest Warrior, or Reba McEntire's character on Tremors ("You can't hit anything with that .30-30." You know, a basic huting rifle.).

Ultratwinkie said:
If a South American country wanted him dead, he wouldn't even have time to prepare. He'd be dead by the next morning.
And yet "Most Wanted" lists still exist. Believe it or not, eluding capture is very possible, especially if you have a window of opportunity for a head start before anyone even knows you committed a crime.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
If I had a dog that the police killed in the past, I might be paranoid about them doing it to my new dogs too.

I'm not sure I would be as paranoid as him though.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Shia-Neko-Chan said:
What's important to note is that his dogs are all dead.

Whether or not they actually did do it, somebody did. I don't think it makes him a crazy person to just happen to be paranoid when coincidentally he becomes the prime suspect for somebody's murder very soon after.

Assuming he's innocent and that he's afraid for his life as a result of all the recent events, isn't his reaction reasonable?
He probably killed his own dogs.

OT: I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the obvious yet. The police obviously have never played Metal Gear Solid, otherwise they'd know that you always check under cardboard boxes [http://blog.otacute.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/thebox1.jpg].

Shia-Neko-Chan

Apr 23, 2008
Kopikatsu said:
Shia-Neko-Chan said:
What's important to note is that his dogs are all dead.

Whether or not they actually did do it, somebody did. I don't think it makes him a crazy person to just happen to be paranoid when coincidentally he becomes the prime suspect for somebody's murder very soon after.

Assuming he's innocent and that he's afraid for his life as a result of all the recent events, isn't his reaction reasonable?
He probably killed his own dogs.

OT: I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the obvious yet. The police obviously have never played Metal Gear Solid, otherwise they'd know that you always check under cardboard boxes [http://blog.otacute.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/thebox1.jpg].
We can't let the fact that he's a suspect for murder sway our decisions like that, though.

For now, I'll keep the view that people are innocent until proven guilty. This being the case, since there are more possible scenarios where somebody else killed his dogs than the one where he killed his dog, I'll have to say it's more probable that he didn't.

Some people are just afraid of the police and like I said before, his reaction would make sense if his dogs were all poisoned by somebody else.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
I meant latin American deathsquads. I used latin for short.
Yes, dude, I know what you meant.

Ultratwinkie said:
They are the same as Cartels, which are not as weak as people think they are. Cartels DO have c4, and everything the American military has. Its not exactly hard to get, America passed them out to governments then stolen by anyone who comes by. They kill a lot of people, and have been for decades. They know what they are doing.
Where the hell did you get that from? What bizzare part of the world do you live in where people assume drug cartels are in any way, shape, or form "weak"? Beverly Hills?

Ultratwinkie said:
Secondly, death squads are NOT the same as a military squad killing enemies. They are OUTSIDE the government body, and have no laws bound to them. Drones are military, and are not death squads. Though there are people who argue they are, they are not. Unless Obama uses the drone to kill Mitt Romney to show his power, its not a death squad.
The literal definition of a death squad is "an armed military, police, insurgent or terrorist squad that conducts extrajudicial killings, assassinations, and forced disappearances." So you're saying that these "death squads" are a military but not a military? Your idea of what a death squad is sounds like you're combining the idea of mercenaries, wetworks, and The Expendables all rolled into some kind of bizarre Michael Bay film that plays on loop in your head.

Also, that "Obama using a drone against Romney" thing is not only a terrible analogy, but absurd as well.

Ultratwinkie said:
Death squads are used to repress a populace, and often in brutal ways to demoralize everyone else. To set an example. Its highly illegal.
I know a frakkin' death squad is, mate. I also know what it isn't, and it's not The Expendables.

Ultratwinkie said:
Third, they use stuff on par or better than the north hollywood shooters. If two men can cause trained American cops so much trouble, what makes you think a lone nutcase can take on a whole squad? He can't. They have him out manned and outgunned.
First of all, you contradicted yourself with that analogy involving the N. Hollywood shooting. Seriously, reread that: If these two guys can give the authorities a hard time, what makes you think one man can give the authorities a hard time?

Speaking of which who's the lone nut "taking on the world"? What the sam hill are you raving about? Some dickhead is on the run from authorities, that's all. This isn't James Bond, calm the hell down.

Ultratwinkie said:
Fourth, the purpose of making someone disappear is that the subject doesn't know you are doing it. He wouldn't have time to prepare because he wouldn't know an assassin was coming until it was too late. He wouldn't have any time to prepare because by the time he found the plot, he would already be dead.
You just went full Tinfoil Hat Mode on me here. This has nothing, literally nothing to do with what you're talking about. I have no idea why you have this idea in your head that an alleged murderer on the run from police is somehow this big cinematic showdown that incorporates black-op shadow assassins with access to cutting-edge military hardware. Is it because it takes place in a South American country that you automatically assume all this, or did you recently watch a History Channel documentary about Death Squads and suddenly it's all about Death Squads with you?

Ultratwinkie said:
Fifth, He is a NOBODY. He isn't some instigator of rebellion, he isn't a union leader, he isn't even a part of a cartel, he isn't even that well known or popular. He has no reason to think anyone would kill him unless he is MENTALLY INSANE. The same kind of insane that makes people believe Obama has a personal vendetta against them.
And yet you still keep bringing your Death Squad insta-assassin guys who are so badass that they can Spetsnaz you to death before you even blink. I still don't even know why you brought that up, or what it has to do with this particular situation.

Some lone nut that may or may not have murdered someone in cold blood is suspiciously running form the police and may or may not be making shit up. Let's just stick with the facts, alright? Please? Without resorting to references to South American Death Squads or analogies involving political figures that do not factor into this one way or another.

Oh, and one last thing: That comment I made about you're misuse of the word "Latin" was done in a manner colloquially known as "sarcasm". Latin America refers to such a broad and gigantic sector of the world, that's it's rather insulting that you consider that a "simplification". Here's an analogy that actual fits with what I'm saying: This would be like if I regarded all of Africa as if it were a single, solitary culture with a single, solitary language.