Upskirt

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
shrekfan246 said:
I also think that Cory does great work on drawing this webcomic, and Grey Carter is a very good writer, so why would I not compliment their talents?
Well, mostly because the plot is pretty predictable so far. It's also been going on for a damn while and hasn't really reached anywhere. Erin wasn't exactly the most three dimensional character to begin with, so shaping an entire arc around her becoming human (or whatever this is leading up, I think it'd be far more interesting if he dropped her to be honest...) doesn't allow for stellar writing.

It's ok. It's certainly not bad. Cory's art makes up for it most of the time, and every now and again this arc is humourous, but the general consensus is that it worked a lot better when it was more focused on video games and being funny - which I agree with it.

[sup]Also, there was no reason to snap at me. I wasn't saying you were wrong, just warning against the perils of overly-praising.[/sup]

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Sparrow said:
Well, mostly because the plot is pretty predictable so far. It's also been going on for a damn while and hasn't really reached anywhere. Erin wasn't exactly the most three dimensional character to begin with, so shaping an entire arc around her becoming human (or whatever this is leading up, I think it'd be far more interesting if he dropped her to be honest...) doesn't allow for stellar writing.

It's ok. It's certainly not bad. Cory's art makes up for it most of the time, and every now and again this arc is humourous, but the general consensus is that it worked a lot better when it was more focused on video games and being funny - which I agree with it.

[sup]Also, there was no reason to snap at me. I wasn't saying you were wrong, just warning against the perils of overly-praising.[/sup]
[sup]I apologize, I'm just tired of how often people on this website act like they're detached and emotionally stunted, unable to enjoy anything that doesn't tickle them in a specific, particular way.[/sup]

I think this arc is only suffering from the format of having two pages released per week. It's being drawn out for a very long time, and as such the staggering release is tiring people out because they want it to be resolved so that new things can be brought in again. I can agree with some of the complaints.

The_Emperor

Mar 18, 2010
Wheres the funny? I'm not gonna pretend I'm not a douche and just come out and say this new serious direction this is taking is not good for the comic.

I read this because it's funny If I wanted drama I'd watch prime ministers questions on the news.

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
9thRequiem said:
Not sure what all the complaints are about - I like this story arc.

The question I have is : Which of the two of them is the crazier?

[The correct answer is they are both clearly batshit bananas, and even thinking about comparing them will result in you losing your own sanity]
I don't mind the story arc, I mind how long it's taking. Like if this were a sitcom episode and happening continuously than I would have no issue with it. The fact of the matter is this doesn't work in a waiting page-by-page format

Mahoshonen

Jul 28, 2008
I gotta criticize the perspective on the fourth panel. It looks like she's lying on the ground in that picture.

Will definately keep following.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Dramatic fall panel! Awesome, it's been awhile since I've seen one of those. I'm still reading, and looking forward to reading these. Extrapolate from that whatever you like.

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
I like this arc, I want to see where it is going, I am in but please, for the love of all that is holy, give me more than four panels.

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
Is that door in the first panel the entrance to his uh, place? If so, it looks like the building is quite inaccessible.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
You've officially lost the moral high-ground once you've deliberately put someone's life at risk.
In fact, that's grounds for impromptu castration.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Sparrow said:
Is... the next issue going to be him saying something like "Once you've experienced the threat of death, you can live your life to the full!" or something cliche like that?

Really haven't liked this arc. Not a great story to begin with, and regardless of Erin's (only lately) unfunny quips in-between the story, I get the feeling you want us to take this seriously. Really want it to end, quick. You've missed the opportunity to make jokes about stuff like the Tomb Raider trailer, E3, Habbo Hotel and more because it's dragged on for so long.
"See, you DO want to live after all!"

And Erin becomes a missionary in Africa.

Fin...

Seriously, end this arc, this is more boring than Bleach fillers.

Valiard

Feb 26, 2009
60% of the comments seem to be " Aw man this isn't funny and its sooooo sloooow " why not just wait it out you are on the internet find something else to do than *****?

Aisaku

Jul 9, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
"As long as I have your attention, we might as well discuss a few things..."
Either that or he's correcting the blood flow to her brain.
They're both good alternatives. But the first one's awesome.