US 2024 Presidential Election

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Except it did happen, didn't it?

You can question whether Trump intended them to attack and sack the Capitol. But he most certainly set that train in motion, and judging by the attested evidence he sat around watching the riot on TV and refusing to help, he seemed perfectly happy that they did sack it.
You said the word "deliberately".
Whether or not it's what you said, it is what you do. Trump does something bad, and you claim a president - any president - has done something relatively similar (and even then sometimes not as severe). What this is effectively doing is defending Trump's misconduct through comparison to multiple presidents' misconduct.

In many ways, LBJ is perhaps an ideal comparison for Trump: a vast raft of personal failings such as sexual assault, fraud, habitual dishonesty, crudeness and insults. Arguably, Trump is very similar to LBJ... except without the competence and policy accomplishments. And yet it's funny that you won't offer LBJ an inch, but fall over yourself to offer excuses for Trump on so many issues. It's your inconsistency, not mine.
Trump and LBJ are quite comparable in many ways... I've been saying that to you for years. LBJ is worse in every conceivable way, but there is a comparison in quality, just not magnitude. But the biggest difference between the two is outside of the men themselves within the things said about them. The widespread lies go in LBJs favor but against Trump. LBJs policy accomplishments were abysmal, he planted seeds for everything wrong right now to satiste his ego and fill his wife's bank account.

Even if you told me the two were literally exactly the same in office, my sympathies still lean toward the one who gets poorer and more viciously attacked over the one doing the same crap while profiteering and getting celebrated for his "accomplishments".

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
You said the word "deliberately".
Yes I did. You might also note I said "deliberately... march on Congress to pressure Congress into not honouring an election result" because that's what he did. I did not say he deliberately told them to turn violent, invade and sack the Capitol.

Trump and LBJ are quite comparable in many ways... I've been saying that to you for years.
And as I think I pointed out at the time: so why do you then treat them so differently?

LBJ deserves to be damned and Trump salvaged for their comparable sins why...? Just because LBJ is widely admired by many for his policy achievements?

Reactions: BrawlMan

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Yes I did. You might also note I said "deliberately... march on Congress to pressure Congress into not honouring an election result" because that's what he did. I did not say he deliberately told them to turn violent, invade and sack the Capitol.
Maybe if I say "that didn't happen" six more times, you'll stop being deliberately wrong.
LBJ deserves to be damned and Trump salvaged for their comparable sins why...? Just because LBJ is widely admired by many for his policy achievements?
Yes. Correcting the record is inherently relative to what the record is.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States

giphy (7).gif

*The whole interview was pretty insane. Do not do a shot every time Trump says "black" in a weird context.

Reactions: Kwak and BrawlMan

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA

View attachment 11573

*The whole interview was pretty insane. Do not do a shot every time Trump says "black" in a weird context.
"Democrats respond to criticism of their cynical use of race in politics by cynically accusing politician of racism."

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Harris has wiped out Trump's lead in some 3 polls:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarado...ls-harris-leads-trump-in-3-surveys-this-week/

Need to review more. What does the electoral map look like now?

ITMT: Prediction. Harris will get the nomination. Harris and Trump will debate once. After, Biden will step down as POTUS so that this will consume the news cycle. Harris will be the defacto incumbent. And then, we see what happens.

EDIT: This looks interesting for the electoral map were the election today:

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I'm enjoying the new tactic of just calling far right peeps weird. They get soooooo angry about it! I love it.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
I'm enjoying the new tactic of just calling far right peeps weird. They get soooooo angry about it! I love it.
I wonder if that will backfire in the form of taking what was I take to be a genuine reaction to behaviour/values/rhetoric and applying it more broadly to things that one can see as weird but still has a greater support and therefore not considered as weird until the adjective ceases to have any impact.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Is there a scientific study on this proclamation where it was shown it's impossible to be angry at someone if you're also mocking them?
No, but I want you to understand that your next two posts aren't making anyone angry, you just look a little silly.

I'm not sure the Democrats learned anything since they decided "deplorable" was a good campaign message, I guarantee Make America Weird Again merchandise is already being made somewhere.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
No, but I want you to understand that your next two posts aren't making anyone angry, you just look a little silly.
That's not what you claimed, you said if you're mocking someone you can't also be angry at them.
I'm illustrating you being wrong.
I'm mocking you, and I also despise you and the ghouls you inexplicably make excuses for with a deep anger.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
That's not what you claimed, you said if you're mocking someone you can't also be angry at them.
I didn't remotely say that.
Anger and hatred aren't the same thing.
Are you on drugs right now?