US Military Wants Walls That Can Pop Out of Cans for Use on the Field

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
ExtraDebit said:
"This should save lives" yeah, but who's lives? It's not like they're fighting aliens, they're shooting up other human beings like you and me. They're not doing it to defend their country either, they're invading other countries and meddling in their business.

I for one hope they failed in their future endeavors to advance new means to kill fellow man.
Like you and me? You assume much; I find the values and lifestyles of the individuals they currently tend to shoot to be quite alien, and you might as well accuse North American countries of 'meddling' in the businesses of countries by doing things like sending food... or even worse - missionaries.

My God, where does it end?

Anyways I'm surprised DARPA didn't think of something like a pop-up tent that uses Kevlar instead of canvas. If Kevlar's too heavy or hard to work with then it probably can't be done.

mythgraven

No One Is Special
Mar 9, 2010
As someone who works in the military, these types of stories always amuse me to no end.
The military WANTS a lot of really neat, interesting concepts, and an army of Bruce Waynes to wield it all.

What the military is willing to PAY for, and spend the time and effort to TRAIN and MOTIVATE people to do... is 100% of the time not commensurate.

VR
FT1 (SS)