Use whatever is in the room you're in right now to defend yourself.

Srrrh

Feb 27, 2010
We actually have a hammer in the bedside table for this situation. The girlfriend is hella paranoid.

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
A whip, a riding crop, a few small knives, a crucifix, and some handcuffs.

I think I'd be better equipped to sex them up than to murder them...

Cracker3011

May 7, 2009
I pull out the large plank of plywood I keep behind my cupboard, kick the burglar into the wall, and then ram the plank into their throat. If there is more than one, then I watch the others run off after seeing their friend get his/her throat crushed by a 16 year old nerd.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
We´ve got a machete behind the curtains, three or four walking sticks made out of solid wood and heavy iron tips. A case filled with...45 knives I think is standing in the corner (my dad collects knives and other weapons. I'm still not convinced he's not preparing for the zombie apocalypes.)

We've also got a scythe behind another set of curtains. Also my dad.

...Does he know something I don't?

DevilWolf47

Nov 29, 2010
Harry Mason said:
A whip, a riding crop, a few small knives, a crucifix, and some handcuffs.

I think I'd be better equipped to sex them up than to murder them...
...surfing The Escapist from a fetish shop, are we? Or is there something between you, your lover, and your psychiatrist that i don't want to learn about?

Okay, speaking on my behalf i'm currently in a Jamaican cafe. I already have a knife, i carry it with me, but other than that, not much. I guess i could throw the plates or throw boiling hot coffee into someone's face.
If they attacked me in my house, i actually have a small collection of knives, a crowbar, a dog, and my girlfriend has a wooden sword for some reason. Maybe--

Wait, i don't need a weapon to defend myself. They'll very obligingly bring knives or guns for me to use, and even if they went in expecting the apartment to be empty and are only armed with a tool kit, i have a distinct advantage of having long legs, big feet, and the knowledge of where the legs are the weakest. I'll just break their knees and call the cops while my dog pisses on the screaming bastards.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
I could use my airsoft guns on them or strike them on the back of their heads with my guitar hero controller. Maybe stangle them with an ethernet cable...hmmm.

Whispering Cynic

Nov 11, 2009
Oh look - my blue crowbar is laying under the cpu table, right next to my foot... now why did I put it there? And there's a quarterstaff in the corner. I guess I'm all set.

Fwee

Sep 23, 2009
Good thing I'm housesitting, I've got a chinese broadsword AND a katana three feet from me. Why would I use a laptop as a weapon?

Nov 12, 2010
This is why guns should be legal universally.
I got my Colt Python and plenty of ammo in this room.
Plus,if it is a burglar then they'd likely run before conflict.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
13 pages? Meh no one will read this.... but
Training nunchyaku behind the screen, they look scary and people might be deterred by them, but they'd do me no good in a fight.
Kukri on speaker, within arms reach, useful in fight.
2 steps away; flick knife in bedroom, large oar/bludgeoning implement from Vanuatu.
Other side of my bed, Buster Sword.

I think I'm pretty set.