Utah Governor Vetoes Bill HB 353

Jul 9, 2008
Jumplion said:
YES!

Utah Governor Jon Huntsman, we all love you man!

Just hope the Senate won't override it...
Seriously. Can we get this guy to run for Attorney General of South Australia? I feel for my Australian brethren.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
orannis62 said:
Jumplion said:
YES!

Seriously. Can we get this guy to run for Attorney General of South Australia? I feel for my Australian brethren.
Okay, I agree that this guy is awesome right now, but let's not jump the gun. As far as I've known, this is the only time I've ever even cared about him, I doubt he'd do a significant impact on Australia.

Unless he ends up vetoing alot of anti-game bills, let's not jump the gun here. Still, he's a badass for this.

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
Ran him on Wikipedia: he's a former ambassador to Singapore under Bush I and was re-elected last November with 77.7% of the vote. In other words, what he says will probably be what goes. He speaks Chinese and has a big family with several adoptees. He's a fan of Dream Theater (proclaiming a Dream Theater day) and has played keyboards on stage with REO Speedwagon. Opposes partial-birth abortion, supports gun ownership, civil unions, and insurance/healthcare cost controls. In other words, I would vote for this guy faster than you can imagine for president and he's already under consideration by some.

I could see the Republican party getting straightened out, even.

Jul 9, 2008
Jumplion said:
orannis62 said:
Jumplion said:
YES!

Okay, I agree that this guy is awesome right now, but let's not jump the gun. As far as I've known, this is the only time I've ever even cared about him, I doubt he'd do a significant impact on Australia.

Unless he ends up vetoing alot of anti-game bills, let's not jump the gun here. Still, he's a badass for this.
At the very least, he doesn't seem think games are the root of all evil, so he'd probably be better than Atkinson.

the captain

Nov 20, 2008
GyroCaptain said:
Ran him on Wikipedia: he's a former ambassador to Singapore under Bush I and was re-elected last November with 77.7% of the vote. In other words, what he says will probably be what goes. He speaks Chinese and has a big family with several adoptees. He's a fan of Dream Theater (proclaiming a Dream Theater day) and has played keyboards on stage with REO Speedwagon. Opposes partial-birth abortion, supports gun ownership, civil unions, and insurance/healthcare cost controls. In other words, I would vote for this guy faster than you can imagine for president and he's already under consideration by some.

Wow! And I was just joking with my first Huntsman 2012 idea, but now I'am fully behind him. He'd probably be a lot better for the republican party than that Indian guy (Jindal) that they're setting up to run in 2012.

terminator320

Mar 21, 2009
the captain said:
GyroCaptain said:

Wow! And I was just joking with my first Huntsman 2012 idea, but now I'am fully behind him. He'd probably be a lot better for the republican party than that Indian guy (Jindal) that they're setting up to run in 2012.
yep lets make some t-shirts and make a facebook group you know all the official stuff but seriously this would finally make me like the republican party again. In fact in my life time there hasn't been a good republican president and the only good republican governor I have had ironically was bush and if only he had stayed governor. So Huntsman for president in 2012.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
Mstrswrd said:
...Wait... Wait, what? Did a politician actually read and understand a bill, and then do what is best for the people, not just his career?

My head, it has exploded from the paradox of an at least somewhat responsible politician.

I daresay that I rather like this politician.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
GyroCaptain said:

Wow this guy sounds awesome!

Royas

Apr 25, 2008
A politician showing sense. Huh. Guess Satan has to turn up the thermostat, what with all the ice and stuff in his home.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Broken Wings said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Jon Huntsman, you have proved yourself one of the few politicians worthy of your position!

Now only if the Senate doesn't fuck this up.
Yeah he definitely is a wise man. Now if only a wise man could replace the current host of Red Eye then maybe I won't dislike Americans so much.
You dislike Americans because of a shock jock TV host?

you need to sort out your priorities.

And the guy is a Republican no less

Cortheya

Elite Member
Jan 10, 2009
Mstrswrd said:
...Wait... Wait, what? Did a politician actually read and understand a bill, and then do what is best for the people, not just his career?

My head, it has exploded from the paradox of an at least somewhat responsible politician.
WOAH ditto!! LOGICAL REASONING??? BURN THE POLITICIAN WITCH!!

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Jumplion said:

Actually, all he needs to do is not block the change to our rating system. And he's already proved that he's got more sense than Jack Thompson (who's probably got as much brain power as Atkinson).

Atmosck

May 14, 2007
This is one of those moments that give me a little bit more faith in humanity, which is particularly rare coming from a Utah legislator.

letsnoobtehpwns

Dec 28, 2008
Well, it sure is nice to know that in horrible times like this, there is still some **** out there who would rather ***** about how video games kill babies!