Utah Man Jailed For Alleged Wiimote Rape

drizzt102

Jan 20, 2011
I would argue, I believe sex criminals (rapists or child molesters) should be a zero tolerance death penalty crime, along with premeditated murder. It just makes sense. If you do that kind of stuff, as far as I am concerned you have given up your right to be treated as a human being. There is no excuse in saying 'I'm sick, I need help'. A nice injection of Pottassium Chloride will clear that right up. I say kill them. Its at least a lesson. And it sets a precedent. At least then we know then that we don't need to worry about the Idea of ppl like serial killers, or serial rapists, somehow coming out on parole (it has happened). This is just my opinion, and note, In this case, I believe you have to prove beyond reasonable doubt, the person is guilty. ALL TWELVE JURORS should have to vote for this penalty before it is used.

b3nn3tt

May 11, 2010
Wow, a lot of back and forth about the death penalty?! While I am loathe to get into the whole debate about whether or not the death penalty is right or wrong, I will say that I think it is decidedly not called for in this instance. Yes, this is an absolutely despicable, disgusting act, but as far as I'm aware the death penalty is only given for people found guilty of murder.

OT: As I said, this is absolutely disgusting, there is absolutely nothing the child could have said that would necessitate that kind of behaviour, and anyone who says otherwise loses a whole lot of respect from me. I can't even imagine how someone could get it into their head to do something like this. Provided that the allegations are true, which I have very little reason to doubt, I would like to see this guy put away for a hell of a long time.

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
Skeleon said:
Why would "object rape" only be possible when done to somebody 14 years or older? Makes no sense.

Anyway, horrible story. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if plenty of people used this thing in a consensual manner as well.
I think it is to protect parents from Object-rape charges for stuff like the use suppositories or anal cinical thermoters on children, since they normally don't agree with using it (just an uneducated guess). Still weems a bit odd, since you might think there are better ways to formulate exceptions like this.

Trilliandi

Feb 1, 2011
And now my obligitary jokes;

You know, when Chad Warden mentioned Wario Ware having a 'shove the remote up your own ass game' I didn't take him seriously...

God forbid they had wii-motion plus, that's almost an extra two inches.

I hope they got it back out, lest future game-playing in that house be ruined every time the poor boy sits down.

Do a barrel roll! (Clench tightly)

I really hope nobody tries to attach the nunchuck...

Good luck changing THOSE batteries.

And now I'll kindly wait to burn in Hell for that, but in the meantime this is hilariously horrid. I mean, this is a terrible thing to do to anybody, much less a child but... with a Wii-Mote? That's just plain silly.

lion el jhonson

Jul 2, 2011
despite the fact that this man was drunk... he was not in a well state of mind. you dont just get shove a wiimote up a 12 year olds ass because your mad at him. usually, (and this mostly happens when people are either worthless pricks or drunk because our society has become so pussified) a guy just wacks a kid because he misbehaved or because he didnt want to put up with the kids shit. No, this guy SODOMIZES this kid with a WIIMOTE... you dont do that. this man needs help and if he cant be helped then he needs to be locked up.not dead, because he admited to what he did was worng.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
So....

Many....

Things....

Wrong....

I'm sorry, I'm BSODing from the amount of stupidity emanating from this guy. Do some people really have no self-control?

cross_breed

Mar 22, 2011
Oh, mercy... Why do I get the feeling Fox News is going to be blaming this on Bulletstorm by tomorrow morning?

wilsontheterrible

Jul 27, 2011
b3nn3tt said:
Wow, a lot of back and forth about the death penalty?! While I am loathe to get into the whole debate about whether or not the death penalty is right or wrong, I will say that I think it is decidedly not called for in this instance. Yes, this is an absolutely despicable, disgusting act, but as far as I'm aware the death penalty is only given for people found guilty of murder.
I'll take a crack at it. I don't think that the death penalty can reasonably called in under the current legal system. However, this does not mitigate my feelings that this individual should be killed.

Hopefully he'll be put in prison with a father. Justice comes in many forms, why not at the hands of another prisoner?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
LobsterFeng said:
emeraldrafael said:
Out of curiosity, what's the scariest thing you're talking about? *lives in Utah*
The <url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Banner_of_Heaven>situation involving the mormons where two brothers brutally murdered one of their brother's wife and infant daughter because God had told them to.

the depravity of it, especially if you read the book, for no real reason for it to happen is just sickening. While yes, that pales in comparison to something someone else can probably think of, to me thats been the most horrible I've heard.

Moosejaw

Oct 11, 2010
emeraldrafael said:
LobsterFeng said:
emeraldrafael said:
Out of curiosity, what's the scariest thing you're talking about? *lives in Utah*
The <url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Banner_of_Heaven>situation involving the mormons where two brothers brutally murdered one of their brother's wife and infant daughter because God had told them to.

the depravity of it, especially if you read the book, for no real reason for it to happen is just sickening. While yes, that pales in comparison to something someone else can probably think of, to me thats been the most horrible I've heard.
I really don't see how religion being a motivating factor makes it 'scary' or in any way worse than if two brothers murdered someone's wife and infant daughter because they wanted money. The victims certainly wouldn't care.

A little googling revealed in Hi-Fi murders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Fi_murders) which, to me, seems just as worse if not even more horrible than what you described above, especially for the girl who was murdered.

As to the topic, I think the worst punishment you should give to anyone is life in prison. There are far more cases of innocent people getting thrown in for crimes they didn't commit than you'd think, but even so I find life in prison a more suitable punishment. It is essentially death, and allows those thrown in to reflect on their actions. What they knew before is gone and over and their new life is merely surviving until they die.

I think he should certainly get life in prison, but the prison system itself is greatly flawed especially when people think male-on-male rape is hilarious and deserved. I bet you if they took a woman who'd sodomized a young boy with an object and threw her in a male prison, those same people who think male-on-male rape is justice would have a hard time applying the same mindset to her. That is why there's an Eighth Amendment.

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
DarthFennec said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
Though KSL claims that "object rape" is the key crime Parry is being charged with, the state of Utah defines that act [http://corrections.utah.gov/community/sexoffenders/76-5-402.2.html] as only technically possible with a victim "who is 14 years of age or older."
... why would anyone define a law like that ... you would have to explicitly decide for the age limit to be 14, which means that you would have to explicitly say, `if the victim is like ten or whatever then it doesn't count,' or something along those lines ...
The only justification I could think of would be if there were another crime warranting a far worse punishment if the victim was younger.

i7omahawki

Mar 22, 2010
Fawxy said:
Dr. wonderful said:
dagens24 said:
Good. I hope he gets raped with a shiv in prison; a little ironic justice.
No. That is both stupid and wrong.

He should just be taken to jail. That's it.
Oh really? Any more stupid and wrong than the fact that he raped a child?

I said it in the other thread, and I'll say it here;

This fucker deserves nothing better than death. Anyone willing to brutally violate the basic human rights of a CHILD has no place in society and deserves to be eliminated.

Fuck him, fuck all the ******s who will come to this thread to defend him/say the incident is funny, and fuck the U.S. legal system for the fact that this guy will get off with minimal punishment.
Yeah, we normally let people who have control over their emotions make decisions in the legal system. Normally.

i7omahawki

Mar 22, 2010
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Yes, and what a way for the justice system to teach people that harming your fellow man is wrong, by murdering someone in cold blood, and inviting people to watch.

The people who enforce our laws have to be above the morality of the people who break them, otherwise they have no credibility. There has to be a difference between us and them.

I could go on... so I will. There is also the fact that when you choose to execute someone you are doing so first at the risk, however small, that the person you are about to condemn is actually innocent, and second, in the knowledge that by executing him you are eliminating any chance of them being reformed. That's the thing about killing someone. Whether you see it as justice or murder, if you get it even slightly wrong then you can't take it back. Besides, when you kill someone, they're dead and that's it for them, chances are they'll barely have time to feel any pain, if at all. The people who actually go on suffering are their families, and what crime did they commit?

Still think the death penalty is a good idea?
Not to mention that if this justice is meant to be 'an eye for an eye' kind of retribution, are we saying the kid's life is already over? That the child is basically dead?

I'll likely never understand the sheer suffering and difficulty of life after an incident like that, I won't pretend to. But what I won't admit is that the child's life is flat out over. I'm not sure that our perception of rape, and the revenge-hungry animal it unleashes in a lot of humans is good at all, even for the victims.

Roman Polanski's victim has said she suffered more because of the media than by his act. I think we need to learn from that. Don't react personally to an act that didn't happen to you. Even if you think you've been through something similar, you're different people and may handle it very differently.

Lock the guy up, study the fuck out of people like this to see what makes them tick, see if we can't prevent this sick stuff happening (as much as humanly possible), and (hopefully) rehabilitate them.

If killing is your only solution to the problem, how far do we take it? If you kill a murderer, they won't do it again. If you kill a thief, they won't do it again. If you kill someone who accidentally bumps into you, they won't do it again.

-|-

Aug 28, 2010
This thread is full of crazies. People who want to kill other people, or see them killed are mentally ill and need help.

Alandoril

Jul 19, 2010
Well now that depends on whether it was actually sexual assault or a follow-up to the common threat that goes something along the lines of "say that again and I'll shove that up your a**e."

Not that that excuses his actions of course but that is an important distinction to make when considering the actual severity of the crime.

Dragunai

Feb 5, 2007
Everyone, please back up and make way for the inevitable media hype and the "concerned" (interfering) citizen Witch hunt against gaming in its ENTIRETY that is going to follow this story.

Yes it is sick, messed up and should not have happened and I do feel bad for the victim as his life is now scarred by this and it will make him emotionally fragile as a result.

However I can already smell the bonfire burning and the crucifix getting put with "Gamers" being the intended Witch.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
And the parents let a drunk person around the kids why?

Could have been easily averted with common sense.