Uwe Boll Launches Postal 2 Kickstarter

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Uwe Boll Launches Postal 2 Kickstarter

Uwe Boll wants $500,000 to make a sequel to his 2007 adaptation of Postal.

You may remember <a href=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093051/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1>Uwe Boll as the German filmmaker behind movie adaptations of games like House of the Dead, Alone in the Dark, BloodRayne, Far Cry, Dungeon Siege and Postal. You may also recall that all of these movies were pretty much horrible and, some would argue, made in part to <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_81/460-Uwe-Boll-and-the-German-Tax-Code>exploit German tax codes. Boll, in turn, is something of an unpopular (to put it lightly) figure among many gamers.

Keeping that in mind, Boll has recently launched a Kickstarter to raise $500,000 for a sequel to his 2007 adaptation of <a href=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486640/?ref_=ttqt_qt_tt>Postal. True to form, he treats the first half of his Kickstarter page as a joke. He initially describes Postal 2 as the movie that "will finally destroy the film industry and the world we are living in." It also states that the money earned in the campaign will go "all for the cocaine for the stars." In the "Risks and chances" segment of the page it says, "Everybody will hate you but the NRA will love you in being part of POSTAL 2. Our bodycount will be higher as Hiroshima and Dancing with the Stars combined."

Assuming you make it that far, about halfway down the page things right themselves and Boll tries to "seriously" sell Postal 2. The film will apparently star Boll himself, alongside actress <a href=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0865626/?ref_=sr_1>Jackie Tohn and "whoever survived part 1." Boll will also serve as writer, director and producer for the film, which is described as a "controversial comedy in which we take up current political issues." The Postal 2 campaign will run for two months, ending on October 27th. The film itself is expected to shoot in Spring 2014 and be released in August of that same year. When this article was written the Postal 2 Kickstarter had already earned more than $4000 from nearly eighty backers.

Source: <a href=http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1544635303/postal-2>Kickstarter

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
But what about the promised BloodRayne 4, Boll? That's the movie I want. That's the movie we need. We don't really need another Postal, do we?

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
This guy has got to be the worst choice for any game related tie-in. He should not be allowed near any beloved franchise ever again. Better still, cut out his tongue so he can't keep telling people what he does.

Neta

Aug 22, 2013
I'm still waiting for him to make films based on the Fable games.

Uwe & Peter sitting in a tree, h-y-p-e... i-n-g.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
But seriously, Boll is getting better as a filmaker with each movie.

Rampage was almost genius, with no irony whatsoever. And Postal is regarded as quite fine too.

I actually DO want him to make more movies. One day he could blow us away. Again, no irony.

(And yes, I've seen his terrible previous movies.)

Simonism451

Oct 27, 2008
Marter said:
But what about the promised BloodRayne 4, Boll? That's the movie I want. That's the movie we need. We don't really need another Postal, do we?
It's going to be called Bloodr4yne, surely?

OT: Out of all of Boll's videogame adaptations, I think that Postal's general offensiveness, while badly executed has at least been partly heartfelt and after all it featured him getting shot in the dick. I mean, don't get me wrong, it still won't be very good, but out of all the possible projects, this is probably the best.

Also you really have to give the guy some bonus points for punching that Something Awful guy in the face.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Postal was kind of funny, not good but still funny. I doubt I'd watch a sequel to it, even if he promises to somehow add in commentary about the current political climate (possibly through the medium of a dwarf in a suitcase again).

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
This is one of those things you might kickstarter if you had spare disposable income, hope it suceeds as tbh this sounds hilarious like anything Boll does. Bt I probally won't back as lots of actual things i want this month rather than whimsical things like this.

VonKlaw

Jan 30, 2012
Haha, this guy makes some god-awful piles of shit when it comes to making films, but you've gotta respect the massive balls he must possess to expect other people to actually fund this.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
he is still allowed to make movies??? i havent watched postal since it never came out in australia but i dont want to watch it anyway since the previous movies are all crap.
why dont they pull him away from a camera? its beyond my comprehension.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
I liked the first one, but I'm not sure if there's a reason to make a sequel. A reboot would make more sense.

As for the "whoever survived part 1" part:
They all died in an a nuclear explosion, as did the entire world if I remember correctly.

Leviano said:
This guy has got to be the worst choice for any game related tie-in. He should not be allowed near any beloved franchise ever again. Better still, cut out his tongue so he can't keep telling people what he does.
True for any game except Postal. The first one was actually a good adaptation of the game it was based on (Postal 2), and it managed to be as funny and offensive as one would expect a proper Postal movie to be. This, however, might have something to do with Running With Scissors (the developers) being involved in the film-making process.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Metalrocks said:
he is still allowed to make movies??? i havent watched postal since it never came out in australia but i dont want to watch it anyway since the previous movies are all crap.
Postal was kind of funny, if you can find a non-used copy, it also came with a copy of Postal 2, which was the main reason I got it.

Also, he get's what's coming to him in Postal, where the lead director of the Postal game shoots him for 'fucking up the movie', leading into a firefight where a vast majority of casualties are children.

Remember, the game was a take that at violent videogames and the politicians who campaign against them, Postal 2 that is, not Postal 1, I dont think Postal 1 had a story other than "you have weapons, the other guys have weapons, they are trying to kill you".

If you want a good laugh at Americans, particular during the Bush Administration, it's a decent movie for riffing with friends.

Being said, really Uwe? you need to Kickstart a movie of yours?

How the hell did you get funding for the abysmal Bloodrayne movies then?

or hell, Far Cry even.

Zombie_Moogle

Dec 25, 2008
Can't wait to see Boll challenge Kickstarter to a boxing match

(yes, Rampage was good & Postal was amusing)

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Marter said:
wasnt Blubberella bloodrayne 4?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f6/Blubberella_Cover.jpg/420px-Blubberella_Cover.jpg
<youtube=Mt-DOdPLMLI>

MennyRus

Apr 5, 2013
I am REALLY skeptical about this one, but it'll be a surprise for me if it'll get $500k...

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Kalezian said:
Metalrocks said:
Postal was kind of funny, if you can find a non-used copy, it also came with a copy of Postal 2, which was the main reason I got it.

Also, he get's what's coming to him in Postal, where the lead director of the Postal game shoots him for 'fucking up the movie', leading into a firefight where a vast majority of casualties are children.

Remember, the game was a take that at violent videogames and the politicians who campaign against them, Postal 2 that is, not Postal 1, I dont think Postal 1 had a story other than "you have weapons, the other guys have weapons, they are trying to kill you".

If you want a good laugh at Americans, particular during the Bush Administration, it's a decent movie for riffing with friends.

Being said, really Uwe? you need to Kickstart a movie of yours?

How the hell did you get funding for the abysmal Bloodrayne movies then?

or hell, Far Cry even.
ebay would be the best choice if i seriously would like to have the movie. but i already own the fudge pack that contains part 1 and 2 plus mods and other funny extras.
i have seen this scene with the killing children on youtube, so yes, it was actually in a way funny but still not convincing enough to get the movie.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013

The only movie I liked of his was rampage... thanks Mr Sterling....

If this turns out anything like that, then color me curious. But there's not a chance in hell I'm backing him.

Simple Bluff

Dec 30, 2009
Aw man, I'd definitely throw a few cents at this if I had the means. Regardless, Here's hoping it succeeds!

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Here's an interview between Graham Stark (of LoadingReadyRun) and Uwe Boll in earlier 2008. He's actually a really nice guy. It might not make his movies suddenly good, but it paints them in a relatively different light.

http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/330/An-Interview-with-Uwe-Boll

Also, to any haters, keep in mind that Postal 1 was one of his few well received movies.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Rampage was a great movie. Also check out 1968 Tunnel Rats also for some pretty good action and storytelling.

And I really liked Postal, it was funny and the fact the Uwe Boll played a self-parody, openly mocking his reputation gave him major props in my book.

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
I think they got it backwards; he was serious when he said this will destroy the film industry and the money will go to paying for getting the actors coked up.

Oh, and those 80 people? Someone needs to track them down and beat them with a 2x4 until sense returns to them. This is Uwe fucking Boll we're talking about, nobody with a shred of respect for either films or video games would give him two cents.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
He should put two Kickstarters, one to make the film and the other not to and see which ones wins. I'm betting he makes millions on the latter for doing nothing.

Delts28

Apr 2, 2013
I initially panicked at this, mainly since I thought it say Portal 2. Got to the article and sighed a massive sigh of relief.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009

You've gotta be kidding me. I'd much rather give money to a Kickstarter so that he doesn't make anymore movies.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
I have to admit, while I still don't care about any of the guy's movies, I really like the public persona he puts out there. Even beyond the "I'll challenge my critics to a boxing match!" thing, he's got a lot of character and seems to have a great sense of humor about himself.

Not that I'm going to help Kickstart this; I haven't given money to any Kickstarter project, but if I were possessed with the inclination there would be many things more worthy of my funding than this in my opinion. But I respect and admire the man behind it.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
If I wasn't a dirty peasant I'd back this. Loved Postal, the opening scene is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Also, as others mentioned, Rampage is fucking brilliant.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
rhizhim said:
Marter said:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f6/Blubberella_Cover.jpg/420px-Blubberella_Cover.jpg
<youtube=Mt-DOdPLMLI>
Nope. It was a shot-for-shot remake of the third one, just even campier and with a different lead.

FireAza

Aug 16, 2011
Er, Boll is aware of how much the internet hates him right? As in, the same internet that Kickstarter is on. Unless he's hoping to get it funded by ironic donations, in which case GENIUS!

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
You know it is no secret that Boll runs a tax dodging system...
Like his investors have even admitted to it...
So why does he need more money? Did his friends get standards all the sudden?

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
JarinArenos said:
Oh... my... god...

where's Kickstopper when you need it? X_x
Someone needs to kickstart that kickstopper, or the internet is going to go postal.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Marter said:
rhizhim said:
Marter said:
<youtube=Mt-DOdPLMLI>
Nope. It was a shot-for-shot remake of the third one, just even campier and with a different lead.
http://mindjunks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Close_Enough1.png

i think it was the best you could do with it so it counts.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
SinisterGehe said:
That tax loophole got closed in 2005; most of his videogame adaptations actually had to make some money.

chikusho

Jun 14, 2011
I could care less about his movies, but that half-assed presentation of his kickstarter project was hilarious.
However shitty a director he is or was, you have to respect how hard he's owning the shitstorms people call down around him.

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
Postal is probably one of my favorite video game movies. I am generally kind to video game movies because I realize that a crappy movie about a beloved game doesn't make the game any worse.

Postal (The movie) followed a silly plot adding in references to the game and managed to channel the random and disturbing ideology behind the original game itself. It didn't match up perfectly, a big idea in Postal 2 (Game) is that the Postal Dude is only as violent as you are and it puts the amount of immaturity and cruelty into the player's hands, which I found extremely interesting.

That said, unless Boll is going to follow the plot of Postal 3 (haven't played it, sorta want to), I think hes gonna have to make up an even more random storyline so I don't see how this movie could work. The first movie made an entire plot out of a single mission, adding in characters from other missions for support, and then ended with the same way the expansion pack for P2 ended.

I am curious to see how this movie would work and would definitely watch it.

I'd prefer a Hitman sequel, getting rid of the love interest and focusing on the cat and mouse aspect from the first film, and maybe another big battle between various Hitmans.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Postal isn't even relevant anymore; the third game barely existed and most people probably wish it hadn't, the studio is probably well into bankruptcy by now, and in the meantime the Saints Row series has taken its place as the token off-the-wall, over-the-top sandbox game for people with a sick sense of humor.

I mean, kudos to the man for recognizing what the one good movie on his resume was and trying to salvage his legacy by turning it into a franchise, but it's just not happening. Ironic as it sounds, Uwe Boll's career prospects have been ruined by someone other than Uwe Boll.

Carpenter

Jul 4, 2012
How was Postal horrible?

I thought it was an amazing movie.

I would love to see a postal 2, I would be willing to pay a bit to see it get made. You people act like his movies are just so horrible yet you have clearly never even given them a chance.

Yeah most of his movies are not that good but their not as insultingly bad as people always make them out to be. They're still above "Fast and furious" as for as writing goes.

Seems this is another case of internet majority deciding people's opinions for them. Watch a movie before hating on it you tools.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
Leviano said:
What beloved franchise? His movie adaptations have been of nothing but crappy games. Who cares if Boll continues making them? I don't get what the whole fuss is all about.

Carpenter

Jul 4, 2012
Steve the Pocket said:
Postal isn't even relevant anymore; the third game barely existed and most people probably wish it hadn't, the studio is probably well into bankruptcy by now, and in the meantime the Saints Row series has taken its place as the token off-the-wall, over-the-top sandbox game for people with a sick sense of humor.

I mean, kudos to the man for recognizing what the one good movie on his resume was and trying to salvage his legacy by turning it into a franchise, but it's just not happening. Ironic as it sounds, Uwe Boll's career prospects have been ruined by someone other than Uwe Boll.
Saints row hasn't "taken it's place" because it's not similar in the slightest.

It's stuff like this, I wish people would at least watch a youtube video of a game before acting like they know something about it.

Postal 1, 2, and 3 are all very different games with very different styles.

Saints row hasn't taken the place of anything because it's just went from being a GTA ripoff to a crackdown ripoff with a good story.

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
Smertnik said:
Leviano said:
What beloved franchise? His movie adaptations have been of nothing but crappy games. Who cares if Boll continues making them? I don't get what the whole fuss is all about.
You have no idea that he tries to grab every franchise that is possible. He always puts forward proposals for games, this isn't to say that he gets them. He asked to do the WoW movie ffs. The man lives in a fantasy land where he can actually do his job.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2008/04/21/blizzard-to-boll-thanks-but-no-thanks/

Has worked with Robin Morningstar on a proposed film of Konami property Contra

Far Cry, of course, been made into a film already, thanks to the mighty powers of Uwe Boll

The man is a hack and should find something he's actually good at.

Urh

Oct 9, 2010
Vrach said:
He should put two Kickstarters, one to make the film and the other not to and see which ones wins. I'm betting he makes millions on the latter for doing nothing.
Why stop there? Somebody should start a Kickstarter campaign to bribe Uwe Boll into retirement. The only difficulty I see with this is whether or not Uwe Boll's live, internet streamed suicide by seppuku would be permitted as a stretch goal.

Carpenter

Jul 4, 2012
Smertnik said:
Leviano said:
The deep storyline of house of the dead and bloodrayne were not well represented.

Ok that is funny but I have to say farcry had a pretty good story, at least for a silly action movie. I wish he would have used that story instead of making it guy vs super soldiers.

Still, with postal and Rampage it seemed like he really found his groove.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Carpenter said:
Yeah most of his movies are not that good but their not as insultingly bad as people always make them out to be. They're still above "Fast and furious" as for as writing goes.
YOU...

You leave now!!!!

:p

Travesty!

carnex

Jan 9, 2008
But if you don't support this Kickstarter wales are going to dies, banks are going to anslave humanity and aliens are going to mind controll you! Did any of you see his promotional videos? They are cracktastic!

Carpenter

Jul 4, 2012
Makabriel said:
Carpenter said:
YOU...

You leave now!!!!

:p

Travesty!
Yes how dare I not take internet consensus as my own opinion!

Did you see postal or rampage before deciding they were shit?

"No I didn't see them because they're shit"

The guy has made some bad movies but he is at least passionate about a few of his movies, namely postal. Yes he phoned in a lot of his other ones but it was obvious he cared about Postal because it was actually pretty good.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Ed130 said:
So basically a Kickstarter to help Germans dodge tax.

Yeah, I'm just going to skip this one.
This! And the bloody thing has some 5 grand on it already. THE HELL IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE? Why are you helping this asshat? He doesn't need it, he's got money from his flop write offs. Instead, we need someone to challenge him to a boxing match and beat him till he can't even pronounce his own name(then again I can't do that fully functioning but I digress).

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
I think if this actually gets funded someone needs to shut down Kickstarter. And possibly all human life.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Carpenter said:
Yes how dare I not take internet consensus as my own opinion!

Did you see postal or rampage before deciding they were shit?

"No I didn't see them because they're shit"

The guy has made some bad movies but he is at least passionate about a few of his movies, namely postal. Yes he phoned in a lot of his other ones but it was obvious he cared about Postal because it was actually pretty good.
Ultraviolet

That's all I'm going to say

I was able to choke down the Dungeon Siege movie, but that's the only one I've been able to stand. The rest are just .. *shudder*

And I -like- bad movies..

Edit:
My Bad, It wasn't Ultraviolet I was thinking of, it's the Bloodraynes..

Shuu

Apr 23, 2013
That's a pretty measly ammount to ask for for a movie. But it wouldn't surprise me if he still didn't get it;D

Vzzdak

May 7, 2010
I don't get it.

Ewe Boll *already* made a film based on Postal 2. The film was titled, "Postal," and it was quite worthwhile (for what it was). Dave Foley was an excellent choice being cast in that film because he's able to play the disturbing bits in a straight manner.

thepyrethatburns

Sep 22, 2010
FireAza said:
Er, Boll is aware of how much the internet hates him right? As in, the same internet that Kickstarter is on. Unless he's hoping to get it funded by ironic donations, in which case GENIUS!
Which is, in it's own way, admirable. Most self-proclaimed "edgy" people crumple when the internet comes for them. Whether it's Roland Emmerich, Mike Krahulik (Gabe, Penny Arcade), Yahtzee, or other self-proclaimed edgy "I don't care who I offend" creator, as soon as the right demographic gets offended, they crumple like a wet newspaper.

Uwe Boll does not isolate himself from the criticism but keeps going anyway. In anyone else, people would call that an admirable trait.

For those of you who are wondering who would donate, here I am. As for why I donated $5.00, I made two posts on the subject that pretty much sum it up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In honesty, I'm thinking of tossing $5 towards this.

1) It probably won't succeed and, even if it does, $5 is kinda hedging bets.

2) Much like name withheld and the Enders Game movie, this Kickstarter succeeding will piss off a whole SWATH of people.

3) I've never actually seen a Uwe Boll movie. Sure, I have Bloodrayne on my list (I think) but I've never seen one. There is a mild curiousity about seeing a movie from a guy who can produce such dissimilar movies as Bloodrayne and Darfur. While, admittedly, it is a curiousity on the level of "maybe I'll attend my 20-year reunion" (and we know how that ultimately ended), there is the curiousity. This multiplies with the subject matter which moves toward:

3.5) "This movie is important and nobody besides Uwe Boll got the balls to make it. " Pazazu, the balls on this dude... He is making the claim that "there is no difference between our democracy and the prison camps in Russia or China. " and he expects us to fund it. Say what you will about his technique but name another director with this much brass. This makes me want to either see this movie be made and succeed or see it be made and hilariously fall on it's face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, yes, I did decide to put $5.00 towards it.

Putting his ego aside, in a sense, he is correct.

Who else would make this film in today's Hollywood?

I did some light googling and, up to 2008, movies involving government surveillance were fair game and were often critical of government surveillance. Criticism of such was non-partisan. If we had Minority Report in 2004 during the Bush Jr. era, we had Enemy of the State in 1998 during the Clinton era.

Since 2008, we've had Zero Dark Thirty, a movie that arguably is for government surveillance, and that's been it. Nobody else seems to want to touch the subject during a period when it has never been more relevant. Maybe there are projects in the works that I didn't find but, from what I saw, Hollywood seems to have lost it's stomach for the subject.

Uwe Boll might not have been my choice for this but it doesn't look like anyone else is going to step up to the plate in Hollywood.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
Oh god, I read that title as "Uwe Boll starts Portal 2 Kickstarter" and that horrified me more than it should.

OT: HOW IS HE STILL MAKING ANYTHING?!

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
I'm sure a kickstarter to have him stop getting video game rights or to build a machine to smack him repeatedly would be more successful.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Friv said:
SinisterGehe said:
That tax loophole got closed in 2005; most of his videogame adaptations actually had to make some money.
You honestly saying that hes production post-05 has been legitly financed and has made money? Sorry... I can't imagine that, who the fuck finances this asshat? Common people's art fund? UNESCO modern art program?

Also watch his video about it why he is doing the movie - to be Anarchistic... (In short his muttering makes no fucking sense, something about NSA and snowden, religion... Something something something....)

Man can't even take critique properly... How is he going to create revolution with his movies?

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
FoolKiller said:
I'm sure a kickstarter to have him stop getting video game rights or to build a machine to smack him repeatedly would be more successful.
Or "Help to get Uwe Ball proper treatment and medication", "Finance a conspiracy to get Uwe boliling shamed" (That wouldn't work because man has no fucking standards).

I would create a device that generates physical edge of the world, so I can push him off it.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Uwe Boll is a cool person, but bad movie director. Though he seems to really enjoy what he does. and noone is forcing you to watch it. well except people like me, who are obsessed with watching everything. i even saw chipwrecked. wated to skalp my eyes out.

Metalrocks said:
actually as a person who saw like 15 of his movies (i watch a lot of movies, IMDB has over 2600 votes/titles counted) Postal is the best he ever made.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
SinisterGehe said:
Friv said:
SinisterGehe said:
You honestly saying that hes production post-05 has been legitly financed and has made money? Sorry... I can't imagine that, who the fuck finances this asshat?
240 people for a total of $10,000 so far!

Seriously, though, it's not hard to make a slender profit betting on the reputation of a guy who's going to get several thousand people renting/buying/going out to see his movie just out of grotesque curiosity. Since 2005, all of his movies cost around $10 million to make; it's not super-hard to make that much money back worldwide if you don't have a real advertising budget and you've got an infamous name at the helm.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
He has made some good movies. Rampage, Tunnel Rats, Stoic, Darfur and Seed are Good.His Auschwitz movie, well documentary was good - just the comments by German teens on Nazis and Hitler were unbelievable.....so quickly is history forgotten.

Though every movie he made based on a game are shit. Though he is living the dream, making movies and doing what he wants. Some people are jealous of this im sure.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
major_chaos said:
I think if this actually gets funded someone needs to shut down Kickstarter. And possibly all human life.
I dont know mate, there are a ton of movies released in the cinema that get tens of millions of pounds of funding and then released in the cinema. Atleast you know what you get with a Boll movie, you dont set your sites that high. He is asking for $500,000. Scary Movie 5 had a budget of $20million and it was a complete piece of shit worse than any Boll movie. :)

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
So is the model on the cover art the same person as the actress in the movie? Because they don't look anything alike. The cover on Wikipedia is a different one.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Sgt. Sykes said:
But seriously, Boll is getting better as a filmaker with each movie.

Rampage was almost genius, with no irony whatsoever. And Postal is regarded as quite fine too.

I actually DO want him to make more movies. One day he could blow us away. Again, no irony.

(And yes, I've seen his terrible previous movies.)
thank you, I'm glad to see a little fairness here. I defy anyone who genuinely appreciated the Postal series to say that the movie was anything less than one of the best videogame movie adaptations to date. It nailed every step perfectly. Postal was exactly what it was sypposedto be. And Rampage (a videogame movie sans the videogame) was an excellent movie. Unapologetic, very starkly rooted in its reality with no pretentions except when it serves to offer a glimpse into the justifications that happen in the mind of a frustrated kid dabbling in sociopathy.

mbarker

Nov 12, 2008
I like Uwe movies. I find them to be humorously cheesey and a real fun watch alone or with friends. I liked Rampage and I enjoyed many of his movies having bought the blu rays or dvds of many of them. I also love his persona I find him to be quite animated. I am backing his project it isn't going to be for very much tho.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
Apr 11, 2020
Country
Canada
I have two conditions Mister Boll.
1. Make sure you involve running with scissors again and give them complete oversight.
2. Don't use my money for laundering.

Ayay

Dec 6, 2009
I only manage to get thru one Boll movie to the end , the rest i have seen i gave up on. The man have no original thoughts, In all the movies i have seen he rips off other directors and still manage to screw up. and then he has the gall to say that all the directors today suck. Do i want the kickstarter to succeed ,,hell no but its his right to try and if he finds ppl to back him good for him and the people he find ,But i reserve the right to think those ppl are looney.