Uwe Boll Launches Postal 2 Kickstarter

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Uwe Boll Launches Postal 2 Kickstarter

Uwe Boll wants $500,000 to make a sequel to his 2007 adaptation of Postal.

You may remember <a href=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093051/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1>Uwe Boll as the German filmmaker behind movie adaptations of games like House of the Dead, Alone in the Dark, BloodRayne, Far Cry, Dungeon Siege and Postal. You may also recall that all of these movies were pretty much horrible and, some would argue, made in part to <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_81/460-Uwe-Boll-and-the-German-Tax-Code>exploit German tax codes. Boll, in turn, is something of an unpopular (to put it lightly) figure among many gamers.

Keeping that in mind, Boll has recently launched a Kickstarter to raise $500,000 for a sequel to his 2007 adaptation of <a href=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486640/?ref_=ttqt_qt_tt>Postal. True to form, he treats the first half of his Kickstarter page as a joke. He initially describes Postal 2 as the movie that "will finally destroy the film industry and the world we are living in." It also states that the money earned in the campaign will go "all for the cocaine for the stars." In the "Risks and chances" segment of the page it says, "Everybody will hate you but the NRA will love you in being part of POSTAL 2. Our bodycount will be higher as Hiroshima and Dancing with the Stars combined."

Assuming you make it that far, about halfway down the page things right themselves and Boll tries to "seriously" sell Postal 2. The film will apparently star Boll himself, alongside actress <a href=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0865626/?ref_=sr_1>Jackie Tohn and "whoever survived part 1." Boll will also serve as writer, director and producer for the film, which is described as a "controversial comedy in which we take up current political issues." The Postal 2 campaign will run for two months, ending on October 27th. The film itself is expected to shoot in Spring 2014 and be released in August of that same year. When this article was written the Postal 2 Kickstarter had already earned more than $4000 from nearly eighty backers.

Source: <a href=http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1544635303/postal-2>Kickstarter

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
But what about the promised BloodRayne 4, Boll? That's the movie I want. That's the movie we need. We don't really need another Postal, do we?

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
This guy has got to be the worst choice for any game related tie-in. He should not be allowed near any beloved franchise ever again. Better still, cut out his tongue so he can't keep telling people what he does.

Neta

Aug 22, 2013
I'm still waiting for him to make films based on the Fable games.

Uwe & Peter sitting in a tree, h-y-p-e... i-n-g.

Simonism451

Oct 27, 2008
Marter said:
But what about the promised BloodRayne 4, Boll? That's the movie I want. That's the movie we need. We don't really need another Postal, do we?
It's going to be called Bloodr4yne, surely?

OT: Out of all of Boll's videogame adaptations, I think that Postal's general offensiveness, while badly executed has at least been partly heartfelt and after all it featured him getting shot in the dick. I mean, don't get me wrong, it still won't be very good, but out of all the possible projects, this is probably the best.

Also you really have to give the guy some bonus points for punching that Something Awful guy in the face.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Postal was kind of funny, not good but still funny. I doubt I'd watch a sequel to it, even if he promises to somehow add in commentary about the current political climate (possibly through the medium of a dwarf in a suitcase again).

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
This is one of those things you might kickstarter if you had spare disposable income, hope it suceeds as tbh this sounds hilarious like anything Boll does. Bt I probally won't back as lots of actual things i want this month rather than whimsical things like this.

VonKlaw

Jan 30, 2012
Haha, this guy makes some god-awful piles of shit when it comes to making films, but you've gotta respect the massive balls he must possess to expect other people to actually fund this.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
he is still allowed to make movies??? i havent watched postal since it never came out in australia but i dont want to watch it anyway since the previous movies are all crap.
why dont they pull him away from a camera? its beyond my comprehension.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
I liked the first one, but I'm not sure if there's a reason to make a sequel. A reboot would make more sense.

As for the "whoever survived part 1" part:
They all died in an a nuclear explosion, as did the entire world if I remember correctly.

Leviano said:
This guy has got to be the worst choice for any game related tie-in. He should not be allowed near any beloved franchise ever again. Better still, cut out his tongue so he can't keep telling people what he does.
True for any game except Postal. The first one was actually a good adaptation of the game it was based on (Postal 2), and it managed to be as funny and offensive as one would expect a proper Postal movie to be. This, however, might have something to do with Running With Scissors (the developers) being involved in the film-making process.

Zombie_Moogle

Dec 25, 2008
Can't wait to see Boll challenge Kickstarter to a boxing match

(yes, Rampage was good & Postal was amusing)

MennyRus

Apr 5, 2013
I am REALLY skeptical about this one, but it'll be a surprise for me if it'll get $500k...

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Kalezian said:
Metalrocks said:
he is still allowed to make movies??? i havent watched postal since it never came out in australia but i dont want to watch it anyway since the previous movies are all crap.
why dont they pull him away from a camera? its beyond my comprehension.
Postal was kind of funny, if you can find a non-used copy, it also came with a copy of Postal 2, which was the main reason I got it.

Also, he get's what's coming to him in Postal, where the lead director of the Postal game shoots him for 'fucking up the movie', leading into a firefight where a vast majority of casualties are children.

Remember, the game was a take that at violent videogames and the politicians who campaign against them, Postal 2 that is, not Postal 1, I dont think Postal 1 had a story other than "you have weapons, the other guys have weapons, they are trying to kill you".

If you want a good laugh at Americans, particular during the Bush Administration, it's a decent movie for riffing with friends.

Being said, really Uwe? you need to Kickstart a movie of yours?

How the hell did you get funding for the abysmal Bloodrayne movies then?

or hell, Far Cry even.
ebay would be the best choice if i seriously would like to have the movie. but i already own the fudge pack that contains part 1 and 2 plus mods and other funny extras.
i have seen this scene with the killing children on youtube, so yes, it was actually in a way funny but still not convincing enough to get the movie.