Uwe Boll Launches Postal 2 Kickstarter

Simple Bluff

Dec 30, 2009
Aw man, I'd definitely throw a few cents at this if I had the means. Regardless, Here's hoping it succeeds!

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Here's an interview between Graham Stark (of LoadingReadyRun) and Uwe Boll in earlier 2008. He's actually a really nice guy. It might not make his movies suddenly good, but it paints them in a relatively different light.

http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/330/An-Interview-with-Uwe-Boll

Also, to any haters, keep in mind that Postal 1 was one of his few well received movies.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Rampage was a great movie. Also check out 1968 Tunnel Rats also for some pretty good action and storytelling.

And I really liked Postal, it was funny and the fact the Uwe Boll played a self-parody, openly mocking his reputation gave him major props in my book.

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
I think they got it backwards; he was serious when he said this will destroy the film industry and the money will go to paying for getting the actors coked up.

Oh, and those 80 people? Someone needs to track them down and beat them with a 2x4 until sense returns to them. This is Uwe fucking Boll we're talking about, nobody with a shred of respect for either films or video games would give him two cents.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
He should put two Kickstarters, one to make the film and the other not to and see which ones wins. I'm betting he makes millions on the latter for doing nothing.

Delts28

Apr 2, 2013
I initially panicked at this, mainly since I thought it say Portal 2. Got to the article and sighed a massive sigh of relief.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009

You've gotta be kidding me. I'd much rather give money to a Kickstarter so that he doesn't make anymore movies.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
I have to admit, while I still don't care about any of the guy's movies, I really like the public persona he puts out there. Even beyond the "I'll challenge my critics to a boxing match!" thing, he's got a lot of character and seems to have a great sense of humor about himself.

Not that I'm going to help Kickstart this; I haven't given money to any Kickstarter project, but if I were possessed with the inclination there would be many things more worthy of my funding than this in my opinion. But I respect and admire the man behind it.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
If I wasn't a dirty peasant I'd back this. Loved Postal, the opening scene is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Also, as others mentioned, Rampage is fucking brilliant.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
rhizhim said:
Marter said:
But what about the promised BloodRayne 4, Boll? That's the movie I want. That's the movie we need. We don't really need another Postal, do we?
wasnt Blubberella bloodrayne 4?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f6/Blubberella_Cover.jpg/420px-Blubberella_Cover.jpg
<youtube=Mt-DOdPLMLI>
Nope. It was a shot-for-shot remake of the third one, just even campier and with a different lead.

FireAza

Aug 16, 2011
Er, Boll is aware of how much the internet hates him right? As in, the same internet that Kickstarter is on. Unless he's hoping to get it funded by ironic donations, in which case GENIUS!

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
You know it is no secret that Boll runs a tax dodging system...
Like his investors have even admitted to it...
So why does he need more money? Did his friends get standards all the sudden?

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
JarinArenos said:
Oh... my... god...

where's Kickstopper when you need it? X_x
Someone needs to kickstart that kickstopper, or the internet is going to go postal.