Uwe Boll makes Video Game!

Aardvark Soup

Jul 22, 2008
Programmed_For_Damage post=9.71803.737791 said:
Dealin Burgers post=9.71803.737635 said:
Wouldn't it be ironic if someones takes his game and makes it into a movie?
He's done it himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmEuGECjMls
So basically this is a game by Uwe Boll made after a movie by Uwe Boll...

I am unable to think of any joke about this, this is just horrific.

CAB0SE

Aug 20, 2008
I certainly hope he shoots his writers for coming up with that garbage that I just saw scrawled across the scenes from the trailer. I guess that graphics atleast look to be on the cutting edge of last-gen. And I suppose the underground sections would bring a whole new meaning to the term "tunnel shooter".

However, I do agree with the fact that he sticks to his guns no matter how brain-killingly bad his stuff is.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
Apparently the movie is the stuff of gold. He showed it a few days ago, and I hear it's great.

Oh my god.

He...He did it. He ACTUALLY fucking made a good...movie.

*Waits for the world to collapse in on itself.*

alsamisath

Aug 27, 2008
There seems to be a great miscommunication here. This is the game based off what was basically the first good Uwe Boll movie ever, which was not based off a game. It was shown at Fantasia this past summer, a Montreal Film Festival. It wasn't bad.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
this game looks good, using the standards for fps games back in 2003, but now at 2008 its bad, really really bad.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
I hope someone makes a really bad film based on it, see how he feels to have someone butcher your work.
Still..... due to the power of double negatives, something good might come of this..... somehow, maybe, in the distant future.

GregorV

Aug 22, 2006
If the writing and directing for this game is as bad as his movies ...

... it's still going to be better than Gears of War in that respect. Or most games.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
I'm alittle dumb-founded by this - the guy just doesn't seem to learn.

Still, the world could turn into a very wierd place if he actually manages to produce a good video game.

It'd be like George Bush solving the conflict in the middle east with diplomacy.

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
This is surely a sign of the Apocylipse! But wouldnt it be wierd if he was actually a good game developer?!

Beowulf DW

Jul 12, 2008
If my Atheist friends catch wind of this, they will consider it further evidence that no just and loving God exists so long Uwe Boll walks the Earth.

DamienHell

Oct 17, 2007
Beowulf DW post=9.71803.738761 said:
If my Atheist friends catch wind of this, they will consider it further evidence that no just and loving God exists so long Uwe Boll walks the Earth.
ROFLMAO!
The disturbing thing is that it looks playable. It'll suck but so long as theres no attempt at story I think you could stomache it. But the first sign of dialouge and the game will go down the crapper

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
"Shit! In a few minutes this place will be swarming with more zipperheads. The tunnels are my only chance. Must be my lucky fucking day."

Wow, just wow. It's good to see this game will feature his usual, top notch dialogue.

When I read the title, I imagined a cross between T.M.N.T. & Biker Mice From Mars, set in the 60's featuring talking hippy mutant rats, that would have been better 100 times better than what I just witnessed.

EDIT: I can't believe that for my 400th post I actually bothered to pause the game trailer & quote what the subtitles said during the helicopter crash.

I've half a mind to report myself for repeating that Uwe Bollocks.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
He doesn't make money but theres something about the taxes where he lives and how he gets a percentage of it to make movies and blah blah. It doesn't matter if he makes money or not since hes just getting funds for it regardless. Might as well throw that money to something people will remotely care about since hes exhausted all of his abilities to make pitiful excuses of movies and people to spend money on them.

Ralackk

Aug 12, 2008
I think I figured this one out. Conspiracy theory time put your tin foil hats on.

The games industry has been funding this effort of his so that the standard for good games drops, so all the mediocrity of games everyone's been complaining about seem like triple A titles compared to this game hes about to unleash on the world.

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
Is he using the CoD4 engine for this game?
The gameplay looked very similar to CoD4, and I'm quite sure I've edited the CoD4 single player HUD to look like what was used in that trailer.