Uwe Boll Nominated For Awards

GregorV

Aug 22, 2006
Uwe Boll is at his worst when he tries to make a movie in a somewhat serious fashion.

However, having seen Postal, which is completely over the top, I think he achieved exactly what he set out to achieve. It's a tasteless, ludicrous, nonsensical and low brow film, and it works because it's exactly what it wants to be.

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
Good luck Uwe. I know that you've put in a lot of hard work and really deserve this.

maddog015

Sep 12, 2008
PopcornAvenger said:
As an enthusiast of horrible movies, and member of the Razzie boards, I can tell you the Career Achievement Award is neck-and-neck between Toliet Boll and Sly. It's being hotly debated, but my money's on Uwe. Sly's movies may be dreck to many; to me, they're simply the equivalent of cinema "junk food". They didn't make me want to claw out my eyes like Uwe's crap has done.
Really? Sly for worst career achievement? I mean, come on, at least he made a couple good movies in his career. What has Uwe done that was worth watching? (Unless of course, you want a movie that will make you cringe)

PopcornAvenger

Jul 15, 2008
A lot of folks don't like Sly, who's films are often fairly shallow and, eh, predictable to a fault. Me, I liked several of them, my favorite being Copland. Of course, on the other end of the scale you have Stop, or My Mom Will Shoot and Rhinestone.

I think the consensus is now leaning heavily towards Uwe , at least, he's the one I'm sticking up for (or sticking it to him, whichever way you look at it). It was close and hotly debated most of last year, but now I think Uwe is going to come away with it.

Particularly since, according to rumor, one or more of his main financial backers have washed their hands of him and his work and cut off his funding.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
I3uster said:
Kill him.
PLEASE.
Well, i hope the Halo Movie by peter jackson will be the first good game based movie.
Sure the story isnt GREAT, but its peter jackson...
God I hated King Kong, only movie I know that was directed by him, therefore not much basis to say I hate Mr Jackson.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
I still have nightmares about Alone in the dark. Not because it was scary but from it's god aweful quality.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
I3uster said:
Kill him.
PLEASE.
Well, i hope the Halo Movie by peter jackson will be the first good game based movie.
Sure the story isnt GREAT, but its peter jackson...
This is the problem - all of them seem to have half a potential. Shallow games like this are given the best of the best directors, while movies with original plots, characters, and some damn awesome potential for action (like God Of War) are given to *shudder* Brett Ratner of X-Men: The Final Stand fame
Oh a God of War movie would be epic; they have the entirity of Greek mythology to create a great story and they have Kratos' huge arsenal of weapons (they could even use the games story which is also great).

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
The spirit should get one too, man that sucked. Uwe's films are at least hilariously bad, there should be an award for unintentional hilarity in films.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
rads are your friend said:
what is the purpose of movies does anyone know its not to pariot a game or book its ment to be ENTERTAINING i was intertained why werent you il tell you why you wanted to see someone else play the same game you bought and beat a year ago with zero diffrence from the game
Actually, I imagine most people aren't entertained by Boll's movies because they are awful. Gamers feel the sting even more because that's our treasured franchises he's trampling all over.

Lancer723

Dec 12, 2008
Whew, I saw the title that had Uwe Boll and Award in the same sentence and nearly lost my sanity.

Thankfully I read the info, and was greatly relieved.

Pseudonym2

Mar 31, 2008
What the writer?directors who made Disaster Movie? Aren't they about as bad as Uwe Boll. I'm pretty sure they have a smaller budget too.