Valve and IGN: "Wake Up and Smell the Ashes"

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
http://gamerant.com/half-life-3-news-ign-valve-johnj-146336/

What do you think? Coincidence?

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
For the sake of my sanity, i'm holding to the "just more of Gabe trolling" opinion.

If I were to actually believe that something may finally be announced, i'd probably snap when it's inevitably announced that it was fake/Gabe being an asshat.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
People stil get excited about this? Haven't the last few years and monthly "COULD THIS BE IT" false flags not sunk in by now?

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
Nihilanth said:
Viral marketing. They're making their fanbase crazy so we'll buy nine copies when it comes out next summer.
I think they got to that point about 5 years ago tbh.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Nihilanth said:
Viral marketing. They're making their fanbase crazy so we'll buy nine copies when it comes out next summer.
Im sad because by the time it does come out the systm requirements will likley be too much

and I have to ask..what the hell is wrong with your wrex?

TaintedSaint

Mar 16, 2011
I don't care about half life 3 anymore. Have treated the fans like crap for years now, straight up trolling us. They no longer deserve our money or respect.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Iwata said:
People stil get excited about this? Haven't the last few years and monthly "COULD THIS BE IT" false flags not sunk in by now?
Because, unlike all the rest, this isn't hearsay or speculative. This is IGN officially making a blatant Half-Life reference. Literally the most official teaser we've had since...well 2007.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Vault101 said:
Nihilanth said:
Im sad because by the time it does come out the systm requirements will likley be too much

and I have to ask..what the hell is wrong with your wrex?
Dual GTX 580s, an overclocked 2600k and 8 gigs of RAM?

I'm alright, Jack.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Oh come on.

Someone at IGN tweeted a phrase from HL2. End of.

Wake me when there's something substantial to freak out over.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
"hinted" <---keyword there.

It's been "hinted" since ep2 came out. Nobody takes it seriously anymore because they don't ever back it up with anything.

Until I see screenshots or videos then I don't care.

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
Could be trolling. Although with how long people have been waiting for it I kind of wonder if it wont be like DNF where there's no way it'll meet peoples expectations due to its overly long "development" time

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Gabe: "Hey, IGN, do you mind if you just use that quote... you know the one...?"

IGN: "Sure, why not."

Fans: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Gabe: "Heh. Heh heh. Suckers."

I still haven't seen any evidence that Valve can count to three. Should I be required to eat my words, I'll do so gladly, but it's probably a good idea to be cynical for now.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
TaintedSaint said:
I don't care about half life 3 anymore. Have treated the fans like crap for years now, straight up trolling us. They no longer deserve our money or respect.
To be fair, they haven't trolled fans much at all... the fans have been trolling themselves.

It comes down to how much you resent silent treatment.

This one guy said:
Pretty sure its gonna be meet the pyro.
Brilliant.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Sober Thal said:
I don't care. (look at me and how cool I am for not liking Valve still)

It won't be a full game. Not for any single player anyways. Valve has already made that perfectly clear.

As far as 'trolling' goes, no. It's called marketing, and the silly Valve heads eat it up like candy.

What's another Valve lie mean? Nothing. They have already proven themselves shit.

Frequent Episodes... lie.

PS3 isn't a system we would work with... lie.

Lying about the cake being a lie... priceless. Did any of you ever beat the fucking game?!?!?!

ect ect (maybe the cake bit was gamers fault, not Valve)

If they had made a single full game since HL2, I might cut them some slack, but they haven't.

Fuck Valve, and their multiplayer/co-op BS.

/single player ex-Valve-fan
what makes you think valve have abandoned single player?

I found portal 2's single player to great, it didnt feel to short eather