Valve and IGN: "Wake Up and Smell the Ashes"

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
They should probably hurry up and announce something, anything concrete, I know a lot of people (myself included) have just stopped caring at all for the game

Freechoice

Dec 6, 2010
ResonanceSD said:
Vault101 said:
Nihilanth said:
Viral marketing. They're making their fanbase crazy so we'll buy nine copies when it comes out next summer.
Im sad because by the time it does come out the systm requirements will likley be too much

and I have to ask..what the hell is wrong with your wrex?
Dual GTX 580s, an overclocked 2600k and 8 gigs of RAM?

I'm alright, Jack.
That's not enough RAM. You can never have enough RAM.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
As usual, Gabe is up to trolling the mass of HL fanboys. I leave you with this image:

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
ravenshrike said:
It's quite clear that Valve is trolling for all they're worth, which I applaud.
It's amazing that the fanbase tolerates it. But as long as they do...Go Gabe, go!

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
TaintedSaint said:
I don't care about half life 3 anymore. Have treated the fans like crap for years now, straight up trolling us. They no longer deserve our money or respect.
...By making games that aren't HL3 and running Steam, they've been treating the fans like crap?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Sober Thal said:
I found Portal 2's single player to be only half a game. Not worth a full games price. I'd put it on par with Journey (a PSN game).

Didn't feel short? Any game I can finish in 4 hours is short in my book. Add that it was sold for so much, is sickening. If you bought it with a friend, and split the cost, for PS3 and got a free copy for STEAM, it was still too much for such a short game.

I want more for my money, but I can understand that many people felt it was worth the price. Which is why Valve doesn't make full (as far as I feel) games anymore. Portal 2 was great, but not for the price. Since the majority doesn't see it as I do, Valve will continue to make less, and sell it for more.

Also: Don't mention/complain about skins and/or hats, or Tito (or was it Young? I get them confused) will call you an idiot. We don't want that, right? Shame on us that complain against Valve. We have no place here ; )
thats fair enough in a way

that was the 1# thing I was worried about, sure I like portal just as much as the next person..but this was alot of money (espeically at the time) and I wont spend that much on a short game, the first portal was not a stand alone product

and I didnt give two fucks about co-op I never played it,

now granted there were probably factors at play A. I sucked at the puzzles...and B.I tended to draw out my game playing

but overall I was not dissapointed..I was blown away, as i said before I didnt at all feel it was too short, and the scale of the game felt great..they took an "indie" game and made it AAA

I dont know how long it took me (8-10 hours?) and Id be curious to see how I might see it if I played again

but yeah..a 6 hour campgn is not forgivable..and I wouldnt even give Valve a free pass for that shit

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Valve is the greatest conglomeration of trolls ever simply because they can get away with it, all thanks to their fanbase.

Hattingston

Jan 22, 2012
Now that we all assume that it's more trolling, Half Life 3 is practically guaranteed to be released sometime soon. In other words, Valve's ultimate goal is to troll as hard as hum- company-aly possible.

Moagim

Aug 6, 2011
People keep making this phoney half-life 3 add with the wrong logo. The Half-Life logo is a lambda in a circle. Half Life 2 added a superscript 2 outside of the circle. So if there really was a half-life 3 announcement they wouldn't switch the logo around just to put a giant 3 in the middle as if to say "LOOK LOOK IT'S THE NUMBER 3 THIS CAN ONLY MEAN SOMETHING BIG PEOPLE!!!!". It would remain elegantly understated as usual. Dark grey background, orange lambda with superscript 3.

At least, I hope so. If they really did make the Half-Life 3 logo a gigantic 3 just to play to people's reactions I would take that as a warning about the quality of the work.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
This trolling is just too good! XD
I can't wait for when they actully do announce the game, they will hint at it in a way that makes it seem like more trolling then suddenly we will have a trailer of some kind.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Vault101 said:
Im sad because by the time it does come out the systm requirements will likley be too much
Not necessarily. One of the cool things about the Source engine used for HL2 was that it was possibly the most scalable engine on the market at the time, able to run on a card that could only do DX 7 or one that could do the (at the time top-of-the-line) tricks of DX 9. It would actually surprise me if it couldn't run on slightly older rigs, especially if it came out before the next console generation hit the shelves.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
Sober Thal said:
I don't care. (look at me and how cool I am for not liking Valve still)

It won't be a full game. Not for any single player anyways. Valve has already made that perfectly clear.

As far as 'trolling' goes, no. It's called marketing, and the silly Valve heads eat it up like candy.

What's another Valve lie mean? Nothing. They have already proven themselves shit.

Frequent Episodes... lie.

PS3 isn't a system we would work with... lie.

Lying about the cake being a lie... priceless. Did any of you ever beat the fucking game?!?!?!

ect ect (maybe the cake bit was gamers fault, not Valve)

If they had made a single full game since HL2, I might cut them some slack, but they haven't.

Fuck Valve, and their multiplayer/co-op BS.

/single player ex-Valve-fan
I never was much of a Halflife fan, my favorite valve game is probably Left4Dead. Though i liked the Portal games too.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
Iwata said:
People stil get excited about this? Haven't the last few years and monthly "COULD THIS BE IT" false flags not sunk in by now?
Nope. KEEP THE FAITH BROTHER!

There's nothing else to hold on to...

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
MercurySteam said:
Valve is the greatest conglomeration of trolls ever simply because they can get away with it, all thanks to their fanbase.
As a community we have the worst case of beaten-wife syndrome ever. No other group of fans would take this for so long. Well, except perhaps for CoD fans.

Damn, I fall into both of those groups...

pilouuuu

Aug 18, 2009
Time to crush our dreams again:

No New Product Announcements at E3

http://pc.ign.com/articles/122/1224191p1.html

Thanks, Valve! XD