Valve ARG Gives Fans Power to Release Portal 2 Early

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
fierydemise said:
Baneat said:
Are you sure it's not accelerating? I don't think the community have that much drive to spike certain parts. I think they jsut use the blue marker things as an opportunity to re-assess the power that's been added to glados, i.e refresh the timer. The fact is, that it *must* accelerate it cause what I'm hoping they were hoping for is a concerted nuke of the easiest game, and everyone progresses to the hardest game (killing floor) with an acceleration that allows them to clear it and release the game. That would make sense to me.
Look here [http://cpucount.zapto.org/].

There are no obvious spikes on the chart (other then odd dip which I think was a bug on Valve's end because all the graphs have it) nor are we seeing an obvious increase in rate that we would expect with 3 games completed now. Another graph site thats down now showed all the games on the same graph and its pretty clear that the progress on other games did not increase after the the completion of others.

The strategy being pursued at the moment basically exists because someone came up with the completed game acceleration theory and it now has a head of steam behind it. There is that email on the ARG wiki which suggests that hitting the easy ones first is optimal but as of yet there is no mathematically provable reason to follow that strategy.
Yay I was some-what correct!