Valve Becomes the New March Mayhem: Developer's Showdown Champion

Stylish_Robot

Dec 29, 2008
Hm, I'd rather it be a face off against Valve and Blizzard. I'm not a fan of the L4D games but you gotta admit they're some of the best PC and mod supporters out there but Blizzard hasn't made one terrible game ever, Blizz-Con and the continual updates to Warcraft. Just feels like a more evenly matched contest to me

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Great work on the part of BioWare, I'm glad they made it this far...but, still...
Hurrah for VALVe!!! :D

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Hooray

Now can we stop with the Mayhem bullcrap? I'm so very glad I narrowly avoided last year's by joining so late

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
Thank the gods. Nice fight, BioWare, couldn't have picked a much better developer to go up against for all the marbles.

Reg5879

Jan 8, 2009
BAH!!! I demand a second vote. X(

But seriously, I don't think Valve deserved to win this vote, but oh well.

InvisibleSeal

The Invisible One
May 3, 2009
I do wish Bioware had won, but I voted Valve in every other round - they definately deserve it! Have to say I'm glad it was such a close fight though, since it shows how they are both very good developers.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
brodie21 said:
bioware should have won. valve only released one game last year and bioware released two great games.
Agreed. Valve takes way to long with developing their games. Yeah their great but were they truely worth the wait?

dibblywibbles

Mar 20, 2009
I still think Valve sucks. Bioware is the winner in my mind forever. I do realize this is coming from a sore losers standpoint, but I really hate left 4 dead and I'm all about what have you done for me lately when it comes to this stuff! I guess congratulations are in order to valve though. may your next game not suck!

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
I was rooting for Bioware...but Valve has a formidable catalog. Congrats to you Valve...

(grumble grumble grumble)

Markgraf

Apr 1, 2009
'Twas a fitting end to the first legit March Mayhem in a couple of years, even though I backed BioWare.

CardiacHero

Apr 3, 2010
Now NEVER fucking pull shit like that again Escapist.

I don't care if Zynga was supposed to be beat out in the first round,

NEVER AGAIN.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
JeanLuc761 said:
(you know, if you took into account what they did in the last year like you were supposed to)
Didn't see that anywhere in the rules. I thought we were just supposed to look for best developer. Though, if you want to consider what Valve has done this year you should also include all of the TF2 work. You can also give them side props for providing steam (a medium through which you can go buy and play ME2).

This last round was great, and both developers deserved the win. I would be fine with either one of them taking the title.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
jboking said:
JeanLuc761 said:
(you know, if you took into account what they did in the last year like you were supposed to)
Didn't see that anywhere in the rules. I thought we were just supposed to look for best developer. Though, if you want to consider what Valve has done this year you should also include all of the TF2 work. You can also give them side props for providing steam (a medium through which you can go buy and play ME2).

This last round was great, and both developers deserved the win. I would be fine with either one of them taking the title.
I just figured "Developer Showdown 2010" meant that we were analyzing their accomplishments over the past year.

But yeah, either way both devs deserved to win. Certainly no bad blood here : )

DoctorWhat

v11.1 beta2
Apr 10, 2009
Ooh, is there going to be a "mentioning MM for the next 10 months is a bankable offence" rule put in place again? I JUST missed out on last year's showdown, so I have no idea why that rule was put in place...

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
Fox242 said:
I'm glad that a true game developer won this event. I also am happy that Valve won because I picked it to win. Round 5 vs. the Zynganites was beyong crazy, but for one shining moment, the gaming community came together and rallied to defeat the evil Zynga.
Nice. I just wanted you to know that somebody out there got the reference. Now if only I was as good at picking the NCAA as I was at this...

(And yeah, not even I could see Zynga coming.)