Valve Gets a Real-Life Portal Turret

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
Oh my god.

Oh.

My.

God.

Weta. Valve. Thank you. When I'm a millionaire I am totally getting myself one of these. Outstanding turret.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
i wonder if ill be allowed to leagaly use those as home security assuming they are fully armed and opperational and can make swiss cheese out of intruders...
bah who cares about the law and all that shit! im gonna get one of those... or 24...

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
It's a shame they're so easy to knock over :p. Provided you get there of course.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Oh Weta, aren't you busy with The Hobbit? This is pretty damn awesome, though.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
They need to put it in the same room as that life-sized, TF2 sentry gun Weta previously made. See if they mate.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Too awesome!

Shame that having this turret would actually make people MORE likely to break into your home though.

So adorable!

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Agow95 said:
Put guns in that and it would actually work as a sentry turret, apart from the shooting everyone who passes, it'd need a way to tell the difference from the owners and intruders. Also I'm pretty sure it's illegal to gun down intruders with a sentry turret.
Ha, perhaps for you boring UK residents, but I live in the great state of Florida. Where we have a very special law, the "Stand your ground" law. Which means I'm perfectly within my rights to gun down anyone who steps onto my propertah.

Time to start saving up my money!

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I'm confused, I swear that valve has actually been given one of these turrets before. Am I just experiencing some major deja vu here?

C F

Jan 10, 2012
Weta's crafting abilities are pretty well near miraculous. There is now valid evidence to suggest that Santa Claus's workshop is in fact located in Wellington, New Zealand instead of being at the north pole as previously believed.

Valve is pretty lucky to get this gift, but they're an awesome studio so it's to be expected. The real question is: when can we expect a Half-Life Strider?

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
Agow95 said:
Put guns in that and it would actually work as a sentry turret, apart from the shooting everyone who passes, it'd need a way to tell the difference from the owners and intruders. Also I'm pretty sure it's illegal to gun down intruders with a sentry turret.
Aperture doesn't strike me as the kind of company that would bother putting an IFF system in their turrets.

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
Oh my god, I think I'm gonna cry... She's adorable! What's the price tag on that? I want one and never ever give it back!

deakin_j

Mar 14, 2011
Anyone else suspect Valve may be beefing up their security before getting on with half life 3?

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Agow95 said:
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to gun down intruders with a sentry turret.
Yea maybe in Canada, damn Canucks.

I have 2,854 dollars in my savings account. You think that's enough? I can also empty out my 401k.

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
Agow95 said:
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to gun down intruders with a sentry turret.
Yea maybe in Canada, damn Canucks.

I have 2,854 dollars in my savings account. You think that's enough? I can also empty out my 401k.
Canada? I'm Welsh, my profile picture is a Welsh flag, and Wales is next to England and part of the United Kingdom.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
ALL MY WANT AND MONEY!

Damn, Those guys at Weta are freaking good...WHY WON'T YOU SELL THEM COMMERCIALY WETA!? WHY!?

JUST SHUP AND TAKE MY DAMN MONEY!

Erhm...I really wish I would be able to buy one...