Valve Hopes to Bring Steamworks to Xbox Live

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Microsoft is full of idiots. I don't understand why would anyone want to pay to play online and still have the most restrictive online service known to man? It makes me wonder if Xbox live users even care that they're being ass-raped by Microsoft. I mean, they don't care about their customers. If they did, they'd let Valve update their games.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Who the hell buys PC games as soon as they come out anyway? The prices usually tank within a month. Unless it's Starcraft II.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Jumwa said:
castlewise said:
Ok, I love valve and all, but isn't it a little hypocritical that they want to be able to use their proprietary service to deliver goods within another companies proprietary service (steamworks in xbl) but they wont let other companies do the same thing in steam (origin in steam).
They do let other companies do it. Which is why you can buy games that require Games for Windows Live through Steam, for instance.

We don't know the full story of why certain EA games were pulled from Steam. Valve has been mostly quiet, except to say they hoped EA would return one day, while EA tried to make it sound like Valve was being unreasonable.

However, since Valve does allow other companies to do this, we can only assume that the case with Origin is not how EA is making it out to be, and there's more going on.
Origin is going into direct competition, and trying to put out enough exclusive content to make it seem worthwhile, while also cutting out the middle man so it can keep more of the money.

Jumwa

Jun 21, 2010
vxicepickxv said:
Origin is going into direct competition, and trying to put out enough exclusive content to make it seem worthwhile, while also cutting out the middle man so it can keep more of the money.
Which is exactly what Microsoft tried to do on one of their many attempts to "save" PC gaming. But still, GFWL on Steam.

Seems to be more how EA is refusing to even sell DLC or put updates for games through Steam at all.

Mar 26, 2008
Steamworks is the name of a notorious gay sauna in Melbourne. I can't help but laugh every time I see that name mentioned on the forums.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Hey Microsoft, take it from me. I hate Steam but he's got a point. Play a little more loose with Live and people will like you more.

The_root_of_all_evil said:
Ok Andy...I'm down with the words but really...

"relax a little and get comfortable first.", "down with the idea", "Microsoft get comfortable with it and let us do it.", "We'd love to see those relaxed.", "Microsoft to unclench a bit ", "tear down the walls of Xbox"

...Am I the only one seeing this??
...not anymore. @______@

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Danzaivar said:
Who the hell buys PC games as soon as they come out anyway? The prices usually tank within a month. Unless it's Starcraft II.
I have trouble avoiding spoilers for some games.

Mar 25, 2010
castlewise said:
Ok, I love valve and all, but isn't it a little hypocritical that they want to be able to use their proprietary service to deliver goods within another companies proprietary service (steamworks in xbl) but they wont let other companies do the same thing in steam (origin in steam).
Valve didn't pull the games out, EA did.