Valve reveals first DLC for Left 4 Dead 2, Bill fans get ready!

Jammerz

Nov 2, 2009
Valve has unveiled the first of many expansion packs for Left 4 Dead 2.

Titled "The Passing," this new downloadable add-on will see the original Left 4 Dead survivors, Francis, Bill, Zoey, and Louis, crossing paths with the current L4D2 cast.

This new campaign takes place after the Dead Center mission in Left 4 Dead 2, and packs plenty of new singleplayer, mutliplayer, and co-op features.

"The Passing" includes new arenas for Survival, Versus and Scavenge mode, as well as introducing a new "co-operative challenge mode of play." Also included is a new "uncommon common" zombie class, melee weapon, and firearm.

"The Passing will become the most important campaign in the Left 4 Dead story, as all the Survivors are being called together in one campaign," said Doug Lombardi, VP of marketing at Valve. "It will also be a huge offering of new gameplay content, with something new for every game mode plus a new uncommon common and weaponry."

No price or release details were given, but Valve said it's targeting an "early spring" launch.

Read original article at: http://ie.pc.ign.com/articles/105/1054953p1.html

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
mocruz1200 said:
knowing valve, if they even charge money, it will be like .99 cents
Knowing Valve, they won't charge. Whether MS put a charge on it is another matter.

Skuffyshootster

Jan 13, 2009
Oh Valve, how could anyone not love you?

Between this and the new TF2 War update, Valve is quickly becoming my new favorite developer.

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
Just as i started to read this i got a pop up from my steam client telling my that there was going to be a l4d2 update.
OT: maybe they will allow 8 player co op that would be fun, also who doesnt want a new melee weapon

jbahm33

Sep 10, 2008
This is exactly what the L4D series (can we call it that at this point?) has been needing. this connection will be a great advance for the game.

Octorok

May 28, 2009
TOGSolid said:
Echer123 said:
Oh Valve, how could anyone not love you.
Easily, there isn't a single game they've made that has been legitimately good.
Where does that come from?

I raise you Portal, Counterstrike, the entire Half-Life series, Left 4 Dead/2, Team Fortress 2 and Classic...

Aside from you just not liking Valve games, what makes them not good?

TimbukTurnip

Jan 3, 2009
Assassinator said:
8 vs 8 In Versus mode? Now thát would be sexy.
You can find plenty of servers that have that anyway.
But the idea of 4 playing as the originals and 4 as the new is sexy.
Hopefully the new campaign will be a bit kinky as well =]

kinky257

Apr 15, 2009
Interesting that Valve have managed to turn around a new "Huge" Campaign in around three months for L4D2 where as it took 9 Months to get an appreciable update for L4D, and that was only a short two map campaign. Also that it was announced before more DLC for L4D which they are supposedly "continuing to support", though would be nice if it was released for both games seeing as how it features both sets of survivors.