Valve: Xbox Live Rules are a "Train Wreck"

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Of course, none of this would have been an issue if TF2 had been released in a finished state to begin with.

Because all these free "updates" are really just turning an incredibly barebones shooter that was bolted on to the Orange Box because it wasn't a competitive product in itself at the time into an actual game due to it's surprise popularity.

The saga of TF2 is a pure case of the PC design mentality of "release a game half finished, rely on the ability to patch it to completion later" which tends to arise in developers that don't have good project management skills. (and given how long it takes them to spit out a 2-3 hour episode, Valve don't even know what project management is).

IbanezLaney

Apr 4, 2010
GamesB2 said:
GiantRedButton said:
Valve doesnt have to pay but its a xboxlive rule that microsoft that updates with alot of content (determined by microsoft) aren't allowed to be updates.
The updates are only allowed to be sold as dlc so the players that payed for the new dlc and thus weapons would get an advantage for money. Its not about bribe money that you pay microsoft XD
Another example is castle crashers, they wanted to release the dlc for free but microsoft determined a price for it and dictated that it was payed dlc.
That's not even what I was talking about.

I realise I wasn't clear. So let me make that right.

F*ck the new content. I don't want it. Just fix the god damn glitches and server errors and everything that screws up the online.
It is what you were talking about - You just didn't like the answer.

You have to simply accept that Microsoft will not allow Valve to ship you a patch without you paying microsoft more many more $$$$$$$$$$$.

It's not Valves fault - It's Microsoft greed wanting to sell bug fixes/patches as dlc.

Cry to Microsoft, cause if it were up to Valve you would have all the same stuff PC players have inc bugs fixed for free.

Any server errors on XBOX TF2 are Microsoft live server problems.
Run, controlled and hosted by microsoft. Thats why you pay a live subscription (apparently -lol).