Vanquish Producer Attacks the Idea of East/West Developer Divide

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
-|- said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
I'm tired of Therumancer's racism as well. If the Japanese were so racist...
Have you been to Japan? Or Asia in general? Have you seen those black vans driving around Kyoto?

Therumancer's post was spot on with regards Japanese peoples attitudes to gaijin. As a nation they are openly xenophobic.
You mean the guys who were harassing pro-Pyongyang Korean school during a time of heightened tension between Japan and North Korea when the abduction of Japanese civilians by NK were brought to light? For which the Kyoto police then arrested them? And then the Kyoto District Court issued a provisional order banning Zaitokukai from staging rallies around the Korean school? After which the district court ordered Zaitokukai to pay 1 million yen per day to the Korean school if it staged a rally in violation of the provisional ruling?

There are racists everywhere. Just because the Tea Party and Westboro Baptist Church exists and are allowed to operate freely doesn't mean that America is a hateful country of xenophobic rednecks.

And no, Therumancer wasn't spot on, since he was claiming that multinational corporations are keeping games from the West because of racism. You may want to go back to my original post for clarification. You know, the bits you conveniently snipped off.

-|-

Aug 28, 2010
Raiyan 1.0 said:
You mean the guys who were harassing pro-Pyongyang Korean school during a time of heightened tension between Japan and North Korea when the abduction of Japanese civilians by NK were brought to light? For which the Kyoto police then arrested them? And then the Kyoto District Court issued a provisional order banning Zaitokukai from staging rallies around the Korean school? After which the district court ordered Zaitokukai to pay 1 million yen per day to the Korean school if it staged a rally in violation of the provisional ruling?

There are racists everywhere. Just because the Tea Party and Westboro Baptist Church exists and are allowed to operate freely doesn't mean that America is a hateful country of xenophobic rednecks.

And no, Therumancer wasn't spot on, since he was claiming that multinational corporations are keeping games from the West because of racism. You may want to go back to my original post for clarification. You know, the bits you conveniently snipped off.
No I don't mean those guys. And if america isn't full of hateful xenophobic red-necks then how do you explain the popularity of fox news?

-|-

Aug 28, 2010
Noctis_XZ said:
-|- said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Have you been to Japan? Or Asia in general? Have you seen those black vans driving around Kyoto?

Therumancer's post was spot on with regards Japanese peoples attitudes to gaijin. As a nation they are openly xenophobic.
Really? Your comment kind of disgusts me honestly.. I don't tend to make assumptions but I'm going to go on ahead and say you've never been to every part of Asia.. the existence of a group of people with a certain set of beliefs DOES NOT reflect the WHOLE nation.. if it does, we here in the states are Xenophobic as well.
Nobody has been to every part of Asia.

Noctis_XZ

Jan 26, 2011
-|- said:
Noctis_XZ said:
-|- said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:

Really? Your comment kind of disgusts me honestly.. I don't tend to make assumptions but I'm going to go on ahead and say you've never been to every part of Asia.. the existence of a group of people with a certain set of beliefs DOES NOT reflect the WHOLE nation.. if it does, we here in the states are Xenophobic as well.
It seems like you've missed the entire point of what I was trying to say... or are just ignoring it outright.. that can go for Raiyan's comment as well.

You don't seem to be letting the information presented to you, in Raiyan's comment especially, sink in. It's really not that difficult to understand honestly.. the existence of one group of people, ideals and all, DOES NOT reflect that of a vast majority of the population. No one is trying to say they aren't there.. bah, the fact that you choose to respond to the obscenely obvious part of my response gives me a slight indication that you really aren't worth trying to reason with..

Or do you honestly believe that all Southerner's are ignorant rednecks and that anyone with brown skin is a radical terrorist?

-|-

Aug 28, 2010
Noctis_XZ said:
-|- said:
Noctis_XZ said:
-|- said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:

It seems like you've missed the entire point of what I was trying to say... or are just ignoring it outright.. that can go for Raiyan's comment as well.

You don't seem to be letting the information presented to you, in Raiyan's comment especially, sink in. It's really not that difficult to understand honestly.. the existence of one group of people, ideals and all, DOES NOT reflect that of a vast majority of the population. No one is trying to say they aren't there.. bah, the fact that you choose to respond to the obscenely obvious part of my response gives me a slight indication that you really aren't worth trying to reason with..

Or do you honestly believe that all Southerner's are ignorant rednecks and that anyone with brown skin is a radical terrorist?
I got your point - it was just a little trite for my tastes. The reality is that Japanese culture is generally xenophobic - this obvious fact shouldn't even need debating. Most Japanese people will admit as much themselves if you ask them. Does this mean all Japanese people are racists? No, and that's not what I said. So please spare me the high school essay idealism - unless, of course, you are under 20, then you can be forgiven for being this naive.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Darkauthor81 said:
Fearzone said:
Japan's got it's own thing going on, and thank goodness for that. Maybe your average Japanese RPG won't have as many particle effects and won't be pushing as many polygons, but it won't take 10 hours to finish either. And dollars to donuts the story will be better.
Wait wait wait just a moment. Did you just say the stories are better?? Are we talking about the same JRPGs that have massive hair dos, puked on by a punk rocker clown clothing styles, over the top melodrama, and useless whiny female secondary characters that are required by law the get kidnapped at least twice?
As opposed to the testosterone jock space marines determined to get revenge on so and so for such and such who are required by law to carry a picture of a deceased girlfriend?

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Jrpg stories are anime stuff, you either get it or you don't. Also, a lot of it gets mistranslated and most games don't have the original language with subtitles but have a localized version which is not fair to judge them on.

Games like Valkyria Chronicles or the .hack series a few years ago did it right, dual audio is what made these games stand out as well as an innovative style about their gameplay but with a focus on the story first and foremost.