Vent! Vent like you've never vented before!

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
carlsberg export said:
Chairman Miaow said:
Somebody came into the shop I work in today and pissed on the counter. Beat that. Our shop is situated not far from an old folks home for the not so stable, so we get things like that a lot. Not as bad as a friend of mine though, who had an old lady pull her shit out of her knickers and slam it on the counter.
what kind of shop are you running?!
It's a co-op food store.

upgray3dd

Jan 6, 2011
I'M AS MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE.

I've always wanted to do that. Anyway....

I hate all of the terrible posters on IMDB. That site has an amazing community of people who are passionate and knowledgable. You can debate and have fun and learn a lot about films and criticism. But then there is EVERYONE ELSE. Between the people who are disappointed about a movie and vent in EVERY thread (and make some new ones to boot), to the "I watched the first ten minutes before I turned it off and looked up the synopsis on wikipedia, therefore I am qualified to say that everything about it sucked" crowd who show up for every movie that's more than two hours long.

The worst are the endless stream of "this movie has a higher rating than this other movie" threads that spill out into massive trolling (a recent example was this weird slap-fight between people saying Prometheus sucked and people saying Inception sucked ((this was before prometheus was released.)))

I lied. The worst are the arguments between a handful of posters who liked a film and a handful of posers who didn't. The people who liked it say that those who didn't just saw the surface and aren't smart enough to look deeper into the film, and the people who dislike it say THE EXACT SAME THING! It's like a weird combination circle-jerk, argument, and trolling session all in one.

Yes, that's really all I have to complain about. Life is good.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I really wanna play amnesia, but I can't because I have an intel mobile chipset, and I will never be able to afford a better laptop, not any time soon, anyway, and all of this doubled by the fact that frictional seems to really hate consoles, and some of their fans hate it even more, some saying they'll boycott the entire series if it ever goes to consoles. Seriously? How the f*** would it affect you, PC fans? It wouldn't get dumbed down, if we wanted dumbed down horror, trust me, we have plenty of that.

Sometimes, this kind of attitude that everything us console fans touch is instantly ruined really pisses me off. Sure, some devs have gotten real lazy with PC ports, but how is that our fault? We didn't go to the developers and say "hey, make this game practically unplayable on PCs" did we?

Also, I've started another skyrim playthrough. Goddamit, I gotta stop doing that.

MasterMasamune

May 3, 2012
Alright, then.

Ditzy girls at my school: No, I'm not pathetic if I happen to play video games in my spare time. How am I less of a person for doing something I enjoy? If anything, you're pathetic for spending every waking hour of your life on Facebook, texting in class, fangirling over men you will never have, and being an overall shallow, empty-headed moron.

"Friendly" People: If I'm sitting alone, it does NOT mean I want some irritating brat coming over with the intention of "cheering me up". I'm fine. I'm not depressed, nor lonely, and even if I were, I certainly don't want someone like you as company.

My personal fangirl: PISS. OFF. You will always be an irritating fuckhead with an incredibly distorted view of reality no matter what you try. I'm not an ice queen that needs to be defrosted, and there's no soft side I'm gonna show if something happens to you. This isn't a damn game. I'm not rejecting you to try to be "cute". I hate you with a burning passion and I want you to fucking LEAVE. How many times must I tell you this until it gets into your thick, empty, soon-to-be-fractured skull?!

Nerdy guy at my school: Shut up. Just shut the hell up. Spouting internet and game memes over and over does not make you funny. Chuck Norris is not, was not, and never will be funny. Mention arrows and knees in the same sentence and I'll punch you in the stomach. It's nice to know there's more than one person at this school that likes video games, but when he's an obnoxious fuck that can only communicate by regurgitating dead memes at people, it far less comforting.

winginson

Mar 27, 2011
Nothing has gone the way I wanted it to for 4 years but complaining makes me feel worse because I have a decent job and grew up (and still live) in a loving middle class house. But I feel like I'm just existing. My dream is dead or at least comatose and with it almost all motivation has gone. I'm slowly losing interest in everything I liked but I am not gaining new interests to replace them. I always used to get a buzz off success but it has been so long since I have succeeded in any way that I now get a vindictive pleasure about 'succeeding' to predict my own failure. I want more friends and a girlfriend but I'm becoming less likable, and people get a bad feeling about me as soon as I enter the room. I get told to be myself like that wasn't what I was already doing. I'm becoming a worse person and I cannot see anyway to stop it and make myself who I was again.

The worst part is I have noone in real life I can say this too and I'm left shouting this to a bunch of people I'll never meet on a vast and uncaring internet.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
I only really have one thing I'm willing to rant about right now.

WHERE. THE. HELL. IS. MY. PHONE.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Moonlight Butterfly said:
I love gaming more than a fat kid loves cake. Yet I'm sometimes treated like an outsider just because I have ovaries.

I hate that I am pretty spiritual but every religion seems to have some amount of hatred or massive restriction of freedom in it somewhere

I hate that cats are always portrayed as villains in cartoons!

I hate that Tyrannosaurus Rex can't beat a human in an arm wrestling match!

GWARRRRRRRRR

I'm good now. I'm good. Thankyou for that OP. :3
This should help.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I hate the way manga translators nowadays are so damn lazy and don't try to make a text that actually works in English. Like the new Sailor Moon translation (which at least is better than the old one) that always puts the words "Legendary Silver Crystal" in quotation marks. Like this:

"We have to find the "Legendary Silver Crystal" right away, Luna!"

You do not use quotation marks in English that way, Mr. Translator. You don't. In Japanese you might, but as you might be aware, you aren't writing in Japanese. Even worse is the way he has people address a princess as "princess-sama." Um, hello? Have you never heard the expression "Your highness"? That is how you address royalty

And the Higurashi translation is even worse. Mion calls her grandmother "Batchaa," which is a regional variation on the word for "grandmother." The translators ddn't translate it. Newsflash: The word "grandmother" doesn't become completely untranslatable just because it's spoken with a regional accent! By that logic, you couldn't translate a single word that characters with an accent say! And the same translators left a part of Negima! untranslated simply because they thought it sounded better in Japanese. That's like a firefighter letting a house burn to the ground even though he could have saved it, just because the area looks better without that house. Listen: If people prefer the way things sound in Japanese, they can bloody well read the Japanese original. Let the English translation be in English, dammit. It's not meant to be a language course.

Any translator that knows how to translate a Japanese expression but still leaves it in Japanese needs to be fired right away.

keve4433

Not totally insane....YET!!!
Dec 9, 2009
Chanel Tompkins said:
I wouldn't worry to much. The only place I would feel you would need to worry is if you lived in Pleasant Valley (the Orem/Provo) area. Most other places seem alright.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Box o' vent.
Hey Sulli/Sully/Cockmongler, you say you "need" to get in that room to "sit down" do you? The same room where my friend is being sick? No, you can't go in there. Get the fuck out. The door's closed for a reason. Oh I'm being aggressive? Boy, let me show you Fucking. Aggressive. Seriously, you are worthless scum that takes benefits and spends it on drugs and alcohol. Go die you fucking loathsome, ass-sucking, shit-heap ****.

Oh Stuart, same goes for you, you stoner ****. Oh, you want weed to be legalized? You don't even know what the fuck will happen if it is legalized, you're so zoned out constantly. You seriously need a hammer to the face. Preferably by me.

My old secondary school "friends."
[HEADING=2]FUCK YOU[/HEADING]​
More complicatedly put, you want to forget about me completely because I went to a different college? Fine. Just allow me to stab each of your throats in and then I'll allow this to go quietly. Then again, so will you, not that you will have a decision on it.

Hey rich kids at my private school. Fuck you too. You and your iPhones, your fucking drama that Daddy didn't get you that car you wanted. Try having no car. You also waste your time here too. At least give it to someone who would be more productive than you spoiled little shits.

Ahh. Much better. I thank ye for this opportunity.