Video Game Character Crushes

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Oh, that's easy.

That golden skin, that curvy frame, those bedroom eyes. How could I not?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Zhukov said:
Oh, that's easy.

That golden skin, that curvy frame, those bedroom eyes. How could I not?
I believe it's safe to say that you, sir, have just won this topic.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Tifa wins for life. She's got fists of steel and a heart of gold. For Gods sake, she stayed with a comatose Cloud during the end of the world. Have you ever had to care for a comatose person? There are a lot of uncontrollable bodily functions, and wiping saliva from lips. And they had my favorite romance of all time, with some of my favorite scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afuKSfF1rHg

Mass Effect wishes it could be that intimate, but no glut of awkward sex scenes can replace excellent writing.

I liked Chie (the original). Maybe I just have a thing for ass kicking brunettes? Weird. What can I say, I like strong women.

GARRUS is my bromance for life.

Unfortunately, there is another, greater waifu out there. One who makes my heart throb with every movement. My poor tender sensibilities are all a flitter.

pyramid head is best waifu.

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
Well, when I first played Fire Emblem Awakening, my pairing of choice for Robin was Tharja.

She's scary, she's sexy, she's powerful, she's surprisingly a good mother, and her supports with Robin are adorable, especially with the Summer Scramble DLC.

But, I forced myself to distance from her and her really good supports when my friend started teasing me after I jokingly commanded him to pair up with Tharja so that "my fanfic won't be ruined." I also grew kinda jealous when I saw that all of my friends were already playing different runthroughs of the game, pairing everyone with everyone else, and I decided to do so as well.

But she remains my favorite and canon support with Robin, and frankly, I just love everything about her.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I remember my first video game character crush... it was in a particular JRPG... and because of my fondness for the character I refused to use her on my team so that she wouldn't get hurt! I was a strange child... Upon replaying recently I ensured that she was always on my team, as the fondness has endured many many years, and I much prefer to look at her!

The character was, of course, Selphie from FFXIII. So damn cute, and gets the right fella in the end!

More recently, of course, with the emphasis on more realistic graphics, and with my ripened mind taking in more characterisation through story telling, I have found a few other characters I wished were real people and that I was actually able to interact with... Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite, Diablo 3's Leah, Trip from Enslaved, Alicia from Bullet Witch etc... but the real clincher... the one that reshape pre-existing opinions and attitudes for me was the reboot of this fine vixen:

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
The only person ever capable of having B.A. mode turned on.

Super Cyborg

Jul 25, 2014
I remember my first two major ones, which I was seven at the time, and persist with me still.

Since then, I've had a number of other crushes. Samus from all the games except Other M. I have a thing for Women who can shoot down space teradactyls and show confidence in everything they do. Also dat Zero Suit.

Leah from the Tales of Xilia series. Another woman who can hold her own. If we were on a date and we got cornered, I would be safe. She's also so damn adorable and peppy, which I like.

All the female party members from Persona 4. If they were of my age, I would date any of them in a heartbeat. They each have a distinct personality, each which I love. Love Yukiko's laugh, Chie's meat obsession, Rise's charm and goodheart, and Naoto's smarts. If I was bay/bi, I would date Kanji. Got a giant man crush on him. From Persona 3, I would go with Fuuka and maybe Aigis. Labrys would be cool as well.

Estelle from Trails in the Sky. Lovable, and while not the brightest person, has a big heart and knows how to wield a staff.

Those are the main ones I can think of. I need a love life *goes into corner and cries*

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
This is kind of difficult to me as I tend to gravitate towards characters with VOICE ACTORS that I like: I usually start with the voice and liking the character comes after.

Usually I'm above such things but I had have a HUGE (but very brief) crush on

Hell yeah he's an asshole but I was very drawn to him (especially in the Pre-Sequel where he DOESN'T start off as a humongous douche). let's go ahead and throw in the Doppleganger (Tim) as well because HE'S legit adorable.

Also I love Axton. Maybe it's something about those cocky Pandora guys.

Honourable mentions (also brief) are Atlas(Bioshock), The Riddler(Arkham Asylum/City), and pretty much anyone Troy Baker's been playing recently (excluding the Joker... we're talking Joel, Booker, Rhys, etc)

EDIT: I lied. I'm not over Handsome Jack at all.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
For me, it was Rikku from Final Fantasy X.

And she got ridiculously hotter!

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Since we're being open about weird ones, I developed a crush on my Gardevoir in Pokemon Y. Maybe it's because a)she was by far and away my most powerful team member and b)that was the game that introduced the ability to befriend your Pokemon by touching them.

On another weird note, I think Aigis from Persona 3 is cute, same with Chie from Persona 4. Nowhere near as cute as Kanji, especially when he smartens himself up in the Golden epilogue. I seem to have a thing for physical attackers in that series, since my favourite character overall in that series is Junpei, the ultimate bro.

144_v1legacy

Apr 25, 2008
Kingjackl said:
Since we're being open about weird ones, I developed a crush on my Gardevoir in Pokemon Y. Maybe it's because a)she was by far and away my most powerful team member and b)that was the game that introduced the ability to befriend your Pokemon by touching them.
Ah! That reminds me!

Now, I know what you're thinking:
"Isn't Magneton genderless?" But let me tell you something. That shouldn't be a boundary to love. Also, as the picture shows, it clearly has, not one, not two, not three, but SEVEN holes for screws.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
CrimsonBlaze said:
For me, it was Rikku from Final Fantasy X.

And she got ridiculously hotter!
You! You stay away from my Rikku. She's MY Rikku!

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
Morrigan from Dragon Age Origins. I suppose it's mostly the way her voice actress delivers the flirty lines because damn that voice.

Also Chie from Persona 4, for cheer derpy adorableness that can still kick your ass. Seriously though, she just seems like so much fun to be around.

Honorable mentions to Samus (Metroid), Naoto (Persona 4)and for some reason even I can not place, Midna from Twilight Princes.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Well I will join several others.
- Chie from Persona 4. I like a girl who can kick booty, and love some good steak.
Plus she has an interesting look and personality ... she's definitely a girl who showed me the appeal of girls with short hair.

Now to make things really weird, and join Casual Shinji.
Midna.
Playful, mischievous, and impish. Plus she is your companion for most of Twilight Princess. I just found her a great character.

Plus, who else can get this ...

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
Jill Valentine from various Resident Evil games. Mostly because she looks like a girl that could actually exist... at least as far as looks go. Of course she's probably one in a million, which makes my chances a million to one but yeah a guy can dream right :p

other than that I guess the typical answer of Tifa Lockhart from FF VII. But she should be the default answer and then we go down from there

murrow

Sep 3, 2014
Mine is Visas from Kotor 2

Her voice sends me to heaven. Plus, she has a "you can hurt my body, but you can't bend my mind" attitude that is too badass. She's the main reason I mostly play with a male Exile.

Also them, back when I was little:

I mean Cremia and Romani from Majora's Mask, rather than Malon from Ocarina of Time. Boy, how often did I dream about saving them from aliens...

joest01

Apr 15, 2009
There are few characters in games that come across as "women". Maybe the makers of games think that "girls" are sexier, but I prefer a grounded, confident character. That said, the correct answer is Selvaria from Valkyria Chronicles. So what if she's the bad guy, and a boss battle :) And yea, Ada from RE4 comes to mind to. But I digress. Selvaria, all the way.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Ada from Resident Evil: The One With Ada. She's less realistic than most sexy fictional women examples, but the fanservice is toned down immensely compared to most. I like her because she's actually a well written character. The legs happen to help, but what I most like about her is the fact that she's just so damn awesome.

And Dante from Devil May Cry because honestly, why not?