Video Game Character You Associate Most With?

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Terminate421 said:
neonsword13-ops said:
-sniparoo-
I don't watch that show but....DAMN does he look bland. Does he talk in a monotone about the equivalent of a robot?
Well, in the game the anime was based off of, Yu is controlled by the player. The player can control what Yu does and says; he is essentially a blank slate for the player to do whatever they want with him. When you start out, the game gives you a character trait wheel to show you how Yu's personality has evolved.

The different traits will increase by doing normal things, like studying in the school library for knowledge, eating nasty things in the fridge to increase your courage, and so on.

The more your personality has evolved, the better conversation choices you can choose from.

Since the anime had to take the character in a more linear direction, the animators had to give him a personality. So what they did was start him out boring and gave him character as the show progressed, just like the game. He is the equivalent to a robot at the beginning but quickly transforms into a bad-ass ***** magnet by the end.

Here's an example.
This clip was taken towards the beginning of the show, so Yu's personality was somewhat... lacking.
-A couple episodes later-

Yu's wheel has had time to develop and he's now the definition of maximum swag. Look at all the fucks he gives when the girl are fighting over him.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
sancrkf said:
Eh... I'm pretty forgettable, so if I ever met a character like me, I either didn't notice or don't remember it.
Yea...unfortunately I'm coming to that answer as well. I've been looking at video game characters and while they share certain traits similar to my own, they seem a bit too static and one-sided. And I am pretty boring when it boils down to it, can't really hold a conversation to save my soul. Just a hopeless nerd I guess -____- le sigh

Oh I know!

cuz...I'm shy....and a guy......(tee hee)

I think its pretty funny....

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
neonsword13-ops said:

Yu Narukami: The shear definition of plain.

He's just a normal kid who's parents sent him to a small town because of work issues.

Best thing is... we both get all of the bitches.

[small]I lied about the bitches part...[/small]
Haha, I just love him, in the anime he is just so emotionless. I like it in the game that he is a blank character and you have to fill in his details, from his personality to the things you make up yourself.

Except mine just went with Chie...who wouldn't go with Chie?

OT: I would probably go with either my Fallout 3 character or my Dragon Age character.

They both have my sense of humor and morality. :D

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
StormShaun said:
Haha, I just love him, in the anime he is just so emotionless. I like it in the game that he is a blank character and you have to fill in his details, from his personality to the things you make up yourself.

Except mine just went with Chie...who wouldn't go with Chie?

OT: I would probably go with either my Fallout 3 character or my Dragon Age character.

They both have my sense of humor and morality. :D
Everyone goes for Chie. Don't know why, though. :/

Chronologist

Feb 28, 2010
I really feel a connection with Alistair from Dragon Age: Origins. Big and broad-shouldered, charming with more than a little touch of smart-ass and sarcasm. He's got some heavy issues to deal with, but he never lets them get in the way of fighting Darkspawn and doing the right thing.

He's also the vanguard of the group, the first to meet the enemy head-on, willing and able to fight to the last to protect his friends.

He's the one companion I never voluntarily took out of my group through the whole game.

ToMegaTherion

Mar 22, 2009
Max Payne me thinks. Not the killing of his wife etc, but his introspective and depressive personality.

MrLumber

Jan 13, 2009
Patches the Hyena, I'm not 100% sure why, but I absolutely love that character. Its probably because I'd act very similar to him when put in the same situation, and his dialogue is great, which is something I can appreciate.

SargentToughie

Jun 14, 2008
Mydogisblue said:
Jack Slate, *****.
Oh damn, that just happened. Wait, which version of Jack Slate? The almost likable wisecracking dude from the original, or the Marcus Fenix wannabee from the remake?

Vuavu

Apr 5, 2010
Felix! From those old Golden Sun games. He's the romantic, tragic hero type that I've unashamedly tried to emulate my whole life haha. Not to mention... The resemblance is uncanny :p Also: <<< that picture is from ABOUT six years ago. Haven't gotten around to changing it

EDIT: I'd like to add Geralt of Rivia.

And the goddamned Batman.

Legion IV

Mar 30, 2010
Dante from devil may cry. most people wanna laugh at such a comment. But any true fan of Dantes character and has played all the games, anime and magna they understand. Dante has a pretty deep personality and its the character i relate to the most.

- Was hurt horribly in the past and still cant let go
- keeps himself distant from everybody he can by humor or just being a dick.
- Hardley has any friends but the ones he has are very close and have a very intresting relationship
- Despite his outward attitude he really does care and helps everybody he can, not even expecting a reward.
- Despite it all, he still holds to the hope that one day it'll be over and he can finnaly be happy, but until then his job is never done.

i could go on about his attitude and other traits but just, dante. the character i can relate to the most.

Fucking dante, the best character in fiction. fucking dante. Wernt for him i just dont know.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011

Because if I went into a combat scenario I would end up exactly like the majority of them, dead, exploded, zombified, shooting walls half the time or worse.

MAYBE I would survive if I was lucky

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Nova, my Dark Souls character. All alone in a dark and terrifying world with entities out to get me...

Seriously though, probably Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher 2. I generally agree with his viewpoint and feel that I'd probably end up thinking the same way if I were in his situation.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
If I was a video game character I would probably be Zeke Dunbar from the inFamous series.

I'm not the great hero that saves the day. I make jokes, hangout with my friends and try to find some enjoyment. I'm a flawed person, but at the end of the day I still do what is right.

alfawx

Nov 1, 2010
Regarding personality, I'd say Phillip Buchanon from the Penumbra Series, seeing as I tend to be a bit snarky or sarcastic about stuff when things get bad, and generally enjoy running away or hiding from things. I would post a picture, but, you know, first person unidentified protagonist. I know that he's blond, so I don't share that at least. In terms of looks, I'd say I'm more akin to Henry Townshend of Silent Hill 4 fame.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I look like right there.

astrav1

Jul 6, 2009
Brighton_Game_Trader said:
A very good evening to everyone!

I was just wondering - rather than the BEST character, or the COOLEST, or the TOUGHEST - those are all boring questions - which video game character do you feel most SIMILAR TO?

That could be because of how they react to situations, how they look, how they talk - whatever - just the gaming character that you thought "Wow - they're a lot like me".

For me, I would have to say either the lead guy from Bulletstorm (always cracking jokes and causing mayhem) - or Gordon Freeman (goatee glasses guy who loves his science).

Or do you feel that you have nothing in common with ANY game character?
I would have to say the great Bang Shishigami in almost every way except back story and being able to summon fire from my hands.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Niko Bellic. I am not afraid to rough someone up to protect me or my family, and I just want a decent life, but existential circumstances keep pushing me back.

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
Wheatley

Both of us are cowards, do stupid stuff that have hilarious consequences and babble on about preparation to actual work.

Plus we're both morons, but i accept that, he doesn't.