Video Game Characters that it Would Suck to be

Pyramid Head

Jun 19, 2011
Shadow from Dead to Rights. Human scrotum tastes awful, and i'd be constantly standing next to Jack Slate who never changes his clothes.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
The Knight Captain (Player character) from NWN2

Let's take a looksie, shall we?

They have a hunk of metal near their heart for their entire life, their starting town gets wiped out, they have to treack towards Neverwinter, just to get put on trial for something they didn't do and then have to fight combat anyways. They then must risk their life to kill the King of Shadows, only to be knocked out and carried all the way near Thay. They THEN have to deal with a curse that has killed all the previous hosts and speak with a dead god. THEN they have to travel to the Fugue Plane and fight the curse mano-a-mano. And if they didn't do everyting right, they may have to bind themselves to the curse to end it for good.

Then again, at the end of about a year or so (The timeline is vague), you are level 30 or so (Which is the highest under 3.5 rules, if I'm not mistaken), you have a kickass silver sword, and an insane ammount of power and skills. So I'd say it was a toss up.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
James Sunderland from Silent Hill 2. If I saw Pyramid Head I would crap my pants.
My Fallout 3/NV Characters. I put them through so much.
Link. I would be too scared to go where he goes..

Andothul

Feb 11, 2010
Commander Shepard,

not only does he have the weight of humanity on his shoulders, but the whole damn Milky Way Galaxy.
That would be way to much for me to handle i think.

Sir Boss

Mar 24, 2011
Any given character in a Bethesda game, you're just going about your business, and all of a sudden you get stuck in a rock... or a deathclaw spawns inside your house... or you get pickpocketed/murdered by the protagonist.

As for Protagonists, Shepard with the Colonist and Sole Survivor backgrounds

EDIT: Damn, Ninja'd

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Franky (Beans) from Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway.
After running away with the only girl he's ever been in a relationship with, he leads her inside of a building and eventually tells her to run away by herself. After she gets killed while escaping, he gets shot and burned to death. And he was only 18.

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
Issac Clark from Dead Space, Goomba, Kratos, Silent Hill character.

Edit: Minecraft guy your stalked constantly by creepers.

Hurray Forums

Jun 4, 2008
A civilian in Prototype: Even the "hero" of the story will eat you, punt you off a skyscraper, use you as a surfboard, or hurl you at a helicopter.

Any Sims Character: Because gamers are bastards.

Any antagonist in Xenosaga: You inevitably get your ass kicked by KOS-MOS.

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
It would totally suck to be any of the NPCs in an MMO. You're doomed to just stand in one spot for your entire life, not even allowed to turn in place in most cases, doomed to forever stare at the same patch of dirt/same wall/same corner until someone activates a quest that ends your miserable life for a few short minutes or until the servers go down.

Ditto for being an NPC in a Bethesda game. You're just walking around minding your own business, maybe talking with someone about that super powerful bad ass hero who's been wandering the land, when said hero shows up and decides he's bored, so he butchers you and your entire goddamn town for lulz before reloading a save and bringing you all back. Or, if you're REALLY unlucky, you're tied to one of the sidequests, and he ends up talking to that guy you cheated 100 gold out of in poker while looking for something to do.

Lastly, being a marine/zealot/zergling in Starcraft would blow ass. You'd have an average life expectancy of something along the lines of 2 minutes.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
SPARTANXIII said:
Any marine in Halo!

What, my half decent rifle for a pistol that barely does damage?
................Ok!

How do they not complain?!
They do, if you listen, but who's gonna argue with a dude in power armor who can flip a tank?

OT: Tidus from FFX. Seriously, watching the place you grew up and lived in get turned into rubble, then finding out you're not even real? Bummer.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Any of the bros from the Gears series. It can't be comfortable to have heads that small and bodies that large.

Kirtap

Apr 25, 2011
Tifa Lockheart, the reason it would suck to be Tifa is that she is a very ''talented'' woman in most departments, visually, and for all i know practically. I don't mean just the way she looks, i mean, she has alot going on. But she just has a welcome mat out for Cloud who is at best oblivious to it. Cloud is just the kind of emo who rather goes around mourning a dead woman than looking for a relationship with a live one. Tifa is a special woman and she just opens up to the likes of Cloud, figuratively of coarse, but i suspect literally aswell.

TheLiham

Apr 15, 2010
darucuishe said:
Another character it would suck to be would be the chicken from the opening cinematic in Fable 3. Shot dead by an angry chef when you were so close to freedom...total bummer.
Actually, that's not true when you're holding hands with Elise/Elliot and you go into the kitchen the chicken runs out. (I totally kicked it :p)

OT: The Courier. His life sucks really fucking hard, he gets shot while innocently delivering a package and then when he goes to get his package back he gets roped into helping end a fucking war!

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Anyone with a sequel that isn't generic fps. Why? The debuff man, the debuff. Samus for instance always has to get the gravity suit again and again.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Andothul said:
Commander Shepard,

not only does he have the weight of humanity on his shoulders, but the whole damn Milky Way Galaxy.
That would be way to much for me to handle i think.
Miranda and Tali bouncing around YOUR spaceship? Pfft. As if that'd be difficult.