Video Game Crossovers You'd Like To See

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
WhiteFangofWhoa said:
Canadamus Prime said:
WhiteFangofWhoa said:
I feel the best format for that would be something similar to Sonic Generations, only Act 1 would be Sonic style where you play as Sonic and Act 2 would be Mega Man style were you play as Mega Man.

OT: I've been playing Star Ocean Anamesis on my phone and during the opening sequence I kept thinking it'd be hilarious if this crossed over with Star Trek.
I really like that idea of the Acts having separate playstyles. I never tried Sonic Colors but I heard it was one of the better Sonic games of this era, and it gave Sonic multiple special weapons as well. This one would allow him to gain Robot Master weapons after beating a boss in Act 2.

Star Ocean is pretty much the Star Trek JRPG, except it keeps stranding you on primitive worlds for over half the game.

On the subject of Trek though, I'd enjoy seeing a cross between it and Persona. Shadow Worf/Data FTW. One thing that kind of bugged me about the utopianism of the original series and more emphasized in TNG was that they never explain what the Federation does about its truly nasty citizens. What do they do when confronted with evil humans such as Suguru Kamoshida, Masayoshi Shido, or even Tohru Adachi? Keeping them locked up in the brig seems a temporary solution at best, and we never see any prisons on Earth.
I think you could still do that, the whole giving Sonic Robot Master power ups thing, but I think given the gameplay styles of Sonic and Mega man, having a separate act (and gameplay style) for each character would work better.

Star Ocean is similar to Star Trek, but filled with JRPG tropes, which is why I think it'd be funny if they crossed over.

I believe penal colonies have been mentioned a few times and you do visit a prison for a mission in Star Trek Online, but over all there are lot of aspects of Star Trek's utopia that are glossed over or ignored.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Pokemon and Dark Souls. My idea is a Dark Souls style game but with Pokemon. Where eventually you unlock different Pokemon which are essentially different load outs and after you level up enough you get the next evolution. Also it's done in the art style of Dark Souls.
Also Solaire of Astora in Super Smash Bros.

A Star Wars Fire Emblem game would be pretty fucking awesome.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
kiri3tsubasa said:
There many series I would love to see a crossover with, but I am not sure how they could do it. Especially the power differences in many of those universes. Theoretically they could make a Halo Mass Effect crossover game work, but they couldn't ever do that with 40K. As such all I can do is go to fanfiction websites and see what could be.
I'm not going to piss on someone else's pie, but...well, I'll say it. I hate this idea. Or, specifically, the fixation people have with power scaling in fictional universes. It's one of the reasons I (mostly) refuse to write multi-chaptered crossovers, because so often people are obsessed with the technical details and 'power levels' rather than stuff like plot, characters, or themes. Y'know, the actual meat of the story.

I also find it a sad inditement, because you could get a lot of miliage out of the cultural and ideological exchanges between settings, but so often, people just want to see matchups/teamups.

Anyway, rant over.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Saelune said:
Mario and Sonic, but like, an actual platformer game.

And a game that makes Bloodborne and Dark Souls officially canon to each other. Though I guess that would more likely just be a Bloodborne game where you clearly interact with things from Dark Souls.
There are some strong implied connections such as the Victorian looking gent in Dark Souls(outside the arena in Ooclile) who claims to be from the far future(and BB was in Dev around the same time as the DLC was released, so that can't be a coincidence). From the oppoiste direction, there are references to a ancient civilization before Yarham named LORAN that presumably worshipped fire. Not to mention the implicit theme of humans being consumed by the dark/abyss/blood and becoming beasts.

Honestly, I think that's the best we're gonna get from the Soulsborne series, especially since it's looking very likely the series is finished for the foreseeable future.

Feb 26, 2014
Fire Emblem X Zelda

Zelda characters appearing in Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem characters appearing in Zelda (And not the BS Koei tried to pull, I want some of the older FE characters) and finally, I want an FE/Zelda Warriors game. Haven't bought Hyrule Warriors yet, but I've only heard good things and FE Warriors was fun, so lets mash 'em together, Warriors Orochi style!

Most Side Scrollers (Sonic, Megaman, Metal Slug, etc)

Once again, Orochi style "Something is wrong with the space time continuum and we have to fix it!) A ridiculous side scroller featuring mechanics and bosses from all games involved. Sonic levels would work as usual, with characters in whatever vehicles feature in their games (With the ability to jump, for those vehicles that normally don't.) Sonic would function mostly the same in levels from other games, jumping on enemies to defeat them. Maybe even throwing collected rings as a weapon instead of lasers or bullets.

Tales of Series X Final Fantasy

Third verse same as the first. Fan favorites from both series team up to take down... a villain. Most likely the fusion of an Tales and FF villain gone mad. Not entirely sure what the gameplay would be like. FF has changed a lot over the years and the Tales of series has stayed surprisingly similar. I don't think it would take much to apply FF to the tales of formula, meanwhile FF has multiple different combat systems with fans preferring one over the other. (Personally, I prefer XV's please don't kill me!)

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Captain Marvelous said:
Once again, Orochi style "Something is wrong with the space time continuum and we have to fix it!) A ridiculous side scroller featuring mechanics and bosses from all games involved. Sonic levels would work as usual, with characters in whatever vehicles feature in their games (With the ability to jump, for those vehicles that normally don't.) Sonic would function mostly the same in levels from other games, jumping on enemies to defeat them. Maybe even throwing collected rings as a weapon instead of lasers or bullets.
There was a fan game being developed with that idea, but development fell apart a few years ago. I suspect due to internal strife and over-ambition.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Call of Duty and Battlefield, just to see if anyone can tell anyone apart.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Worgen said:
Aside from some engine differences(Frostbite has destructible buildings and more traversable terrain on a map, which admittedly is pretty cool) they're pretty much the same thing at this point. They've long since reached the point of aping each oher(Bad Company 2 was basically a poorly done version of Modern Warfare 2 despite their insistence they were mocking it) while COD saw the success of BF1 and suddenly decided that the series needed to go back to WW2 for completely unrelated reasons.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Zelda and Dark Souls.

Mostly because I enjoy the thought of Dark Souls fans that take it too seriously squirming at how similar they really are and that would highlight it.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Seth Carter said:
Zelda and Dark Souls.

Mostly because I enjoy the thought of Dark Souls fans that take it too seriously squirming at how similar they really are and that would highlight it.
Would they really though? I've read there's a decent amount of fandom crossover/friendly fandoms between the two series because of how similar they are. Apparently Miyasaki was asked about the issue and said while he was very much inspired by the Zelda series, among others, he also felt they were their own thing as well and there was nothing wrong with that. I think specifically, he said that he felt "unworthy" for the Souls series to be compared to Zelda.

And for the record, yes, that would be awesome.

*Got the hookshot*
Mimic eats you
YOU DIED.

k0n9

Apr 15, 2011
Project X Zone but with SNK and Konami. Because why not have Terry Bogard and Simon Belmont in it?

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Bloody Roar and Darkstalkers. Two fighting games with very unique hooks to them.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Deus Ex and Eye: Divine Cybermancy

After murdering too many security guards with his knife-arms, Adam Jensen is trapped in his cycles of guilt and must fight demonic werewolves while avoiding being hacked by doors. He certainly didn't ask for this, but at least his legs are okay.

On a serious note, these two games are superficially similar but also complementary. A middle ground between them would be a fantastic game.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Kyrian007 said:
Squilookle said:
TIE Fighter and Dark Forces (but also multiplayer)
I've been waiting on one like that since those games were released.
I kind of just want it to be designed like The X-Wing games, though now you can control everything up to Capital Ship level. Split campaign- an Imperial one as a Star Destroyer fleeing after RotJ, and a Rebel one as the Calamari Cruiser sent to find that ISD and make it answer for its crimes during the Civil War. Everything on board is at your disposal. The real twist is that while this game has the starfighter combat of TIE Fighter etc and the blaster combat of Dark Forces, it stays strictly in space. As infantry you're either boarding other ships, raiding enemy supply platforms and freighters, or duking it out over space stations.

Kind of like this bit:

And I would also likeda mix of Mercenaries with just about anything else really. Just Cause presses some of the same buttons, but the magic hookshot and infinite parachutes makes it more about freedom of movement and superpowers and less about tactics and stealth (as bad as mercenaries stealth was.) Maybe Mercenaries with a Hitman style stealth system.
That's exactly why I went for The Saboteur. Just Cause is a whole bundle of fun but it doesn't really plug any gaps Mercenaries had, save maybe for easier hijacking. Saboteur and Mercenaries are basically two sides of the same perfect coin, made by the same team. While Mercenaries nails the intrigue of working for competing 'allies,' great vehicle stealth and scoping out bases in wide outdoor environments, The Saboteur nails on-foot stealth, complex individual characters and great base attacks in the vertical and in urban, built up environments. Put those two games together and you'd essentially have the perfect military sandbox.

Worgen said:
You got that. It was called Bad Company 2. And let's face it- pretty much every Battlefield since then as well.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I want to see Phoenix Wright crossed with Punch Out. Seriously, the two game series have to be taking place in the same universe with how much stuff is allowed in court and the ring.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Out of morbid curiosity, I'll cross Kingdom Hearts with Mortal Kombat.

The bloodiest game ever to feature a colorful Square/Disney cast.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
A Pokemon game with an actual 3D open world game. Pokemon meets Skyrim or Breath of the Wild, something like that.