Video games you gave up on soley due to difficulty

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I guess Demon's S-

krazykidd said:
Inb4 everyone says demons's Souls
Fuck. >_<

Well, okay. I mostly gave up on it due to boredom, not difficulty. I was getting my ass kicked in one of the levels by these blue skeleton things. I know I needed to use a blunt weapon, but the only one I had required more strength or something for me to use properly. So I needed to go replay a few older levels to get some more souls so I could level up to use the blunt weapon I had, but I just never got around to putting the game back in my PS3 to do so. I didn't actually go "God dammit this game is too hard I am done playing it!" though.

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
If you want to call it difficulty, I quit playing The Force Unleashed after getting frustrated at the Star Destroyer part. Also, Starwanker was starting to annoy me.

Battletoads, endlessly failing got boring.

shadowform

Jan 5, 2009
In the most bizarre answer of the thread:

Zoo Tycoon 2. Getting new animals for exhibits is incredibly expensive, hiring personnel to maintain the zoo is similarly costly (and with an upkeep), and you get very, very little in the way of income.

Kingshadow6

Dec 25, 2008
Purely difficulty based? Honestly, I'd say Crysis. I got stuck on the level where you have to pilot a tank that controls like, well, a tank. It gets destroyed by something like 3 shots from enemy tanks. No health regen. You go up against like 6 enemy tanks and about 10 guys with rocket launchers. After trying for about an hour I just gave up, the only thing the game had going for it was the graphics.

feauxx

Commandah
Sep 7, 2010
Eat Lead, Battlefield: Bad Company, Dragon Age, Jericho, Rockstar Table Tennis :)P)
And there are a few that i'm gonna try again and see if i can beat them now a few years have passed.

I do hate getting stuck on games. I don't have a lot of patience and i mostly get stuck on parts with tedious gameplay. Like in Eat Lead and Jericho. Battlefield I probably just suck at and I really regret that I can't get through Dragon Age :(

EDIT: I forgot to add Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Catchy Slogan said:
Prototype, solely because of the end boss.
Why are they attacking me when I'm trying to kill the thing rampaging across the aircraft carrier, whislt trying to stop the entire place blowing to Kingdom-Fucking-Come. [sub]Morons...[/sub]
Use the big-fists power-up and throw crap at it...trust me.

Definitely Dead Rising, they seriously messed up when making that game (but I heard they redeemed themselves with the sequel).

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
VikingSteve said:
SonofaJohannes said:
There was this one mission in Just Cause 2 that made me ragequit. Several times. I haven't played it since.

Seriously? That game was a cakewalk and I played it on the 2nd hardest difficulty.
There was a time-limit. I hate time-limits.

distended

Oct 15, 2010
Ninja Gaiden Sigma. The story mode itself was fine, but some of the extra unlockable scenarios were ridiculous.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Aeonknight said:
The Last Remnant. Having no direct control over your units makes it hard to beat bosses that are deliberately unbalanced.
The gates of thingy did that to me...
You have to fight this guy on a battlefield, and the game FORCES you to be vastly outnumbered.
I was pissed.

OT: FFXII.
Elder Wyrm can suck a giant molten phallic effigy.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Near the end of Metro 2033 with the explodey ameoba thingys that Khan just strolled through.
Fucking run, you idiot!