Videogame Artist Gives Star Wars a Gorgeous Steampunk Re-Imagining

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
Deshin said:
manythings said:
I'm liking most of them. Jabba with the little teacup delicately held really sells it and the Stormtrooper is really badass. Boba Fett seems too insectoid and Luke's look isn't great, he seems too grizzeldy.

SomeLameStuff said:
Those look absolutely AWESOME!

Though... is Luke missing his arm, or is that... glove thing a glove?
I'm thinking it is meant to be post Empire Strikes Back.

I think it's a lightsaber... I might be wrong though

You'd be correct.

It seems that rather than using a beam, it ultilizes extremely powerful air movement.

... and I'm not even a Star Wars fan.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Stormtrooper was cool, but luke wasn't really my favourite.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Icarion (aka Stockholm) said:
Han Solo looks so fruity with the moustach and sideburns combo and that hat. And the pipe. Its hilarious. These are really good, an internet cookie for the artist!
All the more hilarious when you think of him and Leia hooking up. So perplexing...but who can deny the "captain price" sideburn/mustache

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
what i want to know is, why did 3po was like that??? he looked to plain, isnt "steampunk" supossed to be "stilish"?, and the storm troopers, both look weird

Mathak

The Tax Man Cometh
Mar 27, 2009
Really, if they replaced all science in Star Wars with steam...not a whole lot would change, lolol.

But seriously, nice pictures.

timeadept

Nov 23, 2009
I very much enjoyed these, they somehow seem extremely appropriate for the star wars universe. I mean they took their creative license with han and luck, and i don't think i like the results but i still wouldn't be surprised to see characters like that walking around the star wars universe as it is.

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
These look totally awesome, though I'm not too sure about the Jawa. Just looks like an ordinary Jawa but carrying loads of gears..

Nevertheless, totally wicked.

AngelicSven

Aug 24, 2010
I really like Leia, Boba Fett. and the Stormtrooper. Though I laughed when I saw Han.
Man, I love Steampunk.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
At first Han Solo looked a bit ridicolous to me. But then I decided it was actually pretty cool. You can't go wrong with a bowler's hat, pipe, goggles, and muttonstache.

I didn't really like Luke Skywalker though. At first I thought it was Obi-wan, he looked so grizzled and old. But that might just be because it's a WIP. Han Solo's WIP looked pretty old too.

And of course Jabba the Hutt delicately holding his tea made me crack up.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
I love the art style.

Man, I can't wait for game developers to finally start putting out some good Steampunk games - especially in the MMO-realm of things. *sigh*

Back on topic though, I really liked these thanks for posting them.