Videogame Cliches Quiz

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Wow, 3 out of 10... that's bad.

In my defense, most of those questions were about really old games...

EDIT : I'm currently last :)

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
60% and placed 63rd, not bad... Most of those questions I actually blindly guessed so I could of scored worse.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
after getting 80% by guessing on about half of them I process of elimination-ed the ones I was unsure on and finally got 100%.

Edit: also the first time I saw the name for this quiz I thought it said "Glitches" and thought the 404 was kind of funny

Wodan

Feb 8, 2010
I scored 90%, with 9 of 10 correct on The Escapist's Videogame Cliches. Take this quiz [/quizzes/view/140-Videogame-Cliches]

Yeah not so much about cliches as it is general knowledge

Steve B

Oct 31, 2010
Pretty interesting quiz trivia wise, but...

Not what I was expecting, and pretty disappointing.

Cliches exist as almost running jokes of a medium. At least to those who have a wide consumption of that medium. Sure it's interesting to know which movie franchise was the first to appear as a video game, but it's not really a cliche. It might be more of a cliche to say that video game adaptation of movies are TERRIBLE.

That's almost lost its impact because it's basically always true.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Those weren't cliches -_- and is there a really old Rango I'm unaware of? Or do you mean the tie in game to the movie that came out 2 weeks ago?

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
7 out of 10 and I'm fine with that. Most of those I didn't even know, so there!

dragontiers

The Temporally Displaced
Feb 26, 2009
Steve Butts said:
If you care about your spot on the leader board, make sure you use your other account to find the answers to the questions, and then use your real account to trick people into thinking you spent less than two seconds answering each question.

Enjoy!
Sure, everybody knows the top people on the leader board are doing something like this, but isn't it against the forum rules to have two accounts? I assumed up to this point the staff was simply ignoring this fact, but if you are aware of it, may I ask why nothing is done about it? I know it's just a silly quiz, but if people are circumnavigating the forum rules in such an obvious fashion, isn't it in your best interest to take care of it? Just wondering.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
I got about 50% right, these weren't really cliches though... D:

I'm hoping you guys do another personality quiz sometime soon though, those are fun! :D

Museli

Nin!
Aug 12, 2009
2 wrong, I'll bet one was that bloody Star Wars question. Seriously Star Wars, get out of my pop culture. I'm not going to watch you, no matter how much you pester me - just go away. /shakefist

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Did anyone get the badge yet? Can't find one. It says might so maybe they're messing with us?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I scored 70%, with 7 of 10 correct on The Escapist's Videogame Cliches. Take this quiz [/quizzes/view/140-Videogame-Cliches]
Damn it! I hate it when you won't let me see which ones I got wrong. Still 70%, not too shabby. I'm pretty sure I got the question about World of Warcrack wrong since I've never played it.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
bahumat42 said:
oppp7 said:
Did anyone get the badge yet? Can't find one. It says might so maybe they're messing with us?
it;ll probably take a while considering MM is starting today. And we already had to pause the voting. Be patient young padawan.
Patience?! WTH is that? And why did it take you so long to respond?