Videogames Are Making You Fat

.J.a.T.

Aug 20, 2008
I shun at thee my good doctor! *shun*

Video games don't make you fat, McDonalds and Burger King does. Blame them. Video games MAY put you out of shape but that is easily fixed by taking up a hobby of taking a walk in the evening.

Also, I'm slightly under-weight. The curse of nerdiness. We are fat or skinny. We cannot have a "normal" weight. Sigh.

Spektre41

Jun 26, 2008
I am overweight for my age, but that has nothing to do with games. It's because I was lazy and gluttonous and didn't eat right or exercised.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Piemaster post=7.69901.679062 said:
How can you hate the sun? Seriously.
A lot of reasons Piemaster. A LOT. Just look at previous posts and see why. And if you need anymore proof, just read the actual paper (if im not mistaken, the articles are on the website.)

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Piemaster post=7.69901.679062 said:
How can you hate the sun? Seriously.
It's piss hot
It makes us sweat
It's never there when we need it
It's going to asplode sometime
It's smaller than all the other "suns"
It's not a "sun" it's a "star"
I hates us sometimes and gives us droughts
When it's not with us, it's piss freezing cold.
When it's not with us, night comes and the moon scares me
It's brother is the moon and it hates us by turning everyone into lunatics
Skin Cancer

Do I need any more reasons why to hate the sun? ;P

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
Codgo post=7.69901.674534 said:
I wouldn't wipe my arse with The Sun, its nothing.
Couldn't have put it better. When you're getting health advice from The Sun you need help.

khodas

Mar 21, 2008
Playing video games makes you fat, but you won't say anything about the millions of Americans that sit at a desk for 8-9 hours a day? I don't think video games are a reason many are overweight or unhealthy.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Hmm yes of course I'm overweight, how could I not see? All this being able to slip through really thin fences, being the farthest/highest jumper in my class, all that playing basketball and practising martial arts must have pulled wool over my eyes.

Thanks doctor, I can see now.

Feb 13, 2008
Eggo post=7.69901.680397 said:
I think it's hilarious that so many of you are so annoyed/offended by what the doctor has to say.
I don't think it's what the doctor has to say but more the idea that his ideas are more important than our own. Here's a man that has access to eight million people and he's just reinforcing prejudices.

I thought you'd be against that Eggo? :)

vamp rocks

Aug 27, 2008
im sure people who let games consume their lives *cough* World OF Warcraft addicts *cough* may get seriously overweight but as long as you dont let it consume you, you should be okay. i play videogames a fair amount but i still go out with people and i have never PERSONALLY seen a case where video games have made someone overweight

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
Eggo you don't really have anything relevant to say so don't say anything at all :D

This doctor is quite offensive actually, sure its the sun but still, a lot of people read the sun and this could cause quite a few parents to go bat shit bonkers and actually start taking away video games from kids etc. Dude they are video games, they fill in time, if you don't exercise at all and you are HAPPY with that, then so be it, if your not, just start plannin your day, like a half hour walk with the ipod to get some fresh air etc

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Look its the Sun, and I'm kinda with the other guy, in that you can't hate the Sun for the same reason you can't hate the Beano for not being realistic about everything, no-one with two braincells to rub together actually believes anything except maybe the TV pages.

Its the cheapest paper going, and fills 10 minutes on the way to work and gives you some stuff to talk about at work/school, its not trying to be the Times and actually report news.

Its for this reason that the Doc's report was like that, instead of just saying 'Too much video gaming is bad, just like too much exercise or vitamin C or water is bad. Note the words 'too much' parents, its an entertainment device, not a babysitter.'

That seems to be the main point of a lot of these articles, but in order to get printed in a national newspaer and get paid, they need to fit the view of the paper, which is 'videogames - bad'.

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
Piff, videogames don't make you fat, eating half your weight in junk food and walking only between the washroom, the couch, and the comp makes you fat.