Videogames Invade Reality in Pixel Inspired Short

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
O THE BLOCKY HORROR!

Seriously though that is video is pure awesome sauce covered in epic sprinkles.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Awesome.

I wish reality made in pixels. Could you imagine if the whole world looked like, oh, Actraiser? Or Super Mario World?

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
SeanTheSheep said:
z(ombie)fan said:
SeanTheSheep said:
Hmm...
Video games invading reality...
Where have I heard this before? [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/doomsday-arcade]
In all actuality though, this is pretty cool, and it makes me fear for the future, when the pixels get free.
It was also nice to see something about 8 bit stuff that didn't involve Mario for once, or maybe he was, and I didn't see him.

I also think that the ending could have been better if the world had turned into a giant white Voxel, and moxed to a giant white paddle in space, and bounced off to another...
But that is my own opinion, and maybe it would have ruined it.
that is exactly what i thought!

they didnt even mention doomsday arcade in the post.

ah well.
We must have a crusade!
I'll tar and feather myself.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
I am not sure what to be more surprised of... how good this is, or that nobody seamed to notice that the world was being destroyed around them...

-Torchedini-

Gone Bonzo
Dec 28, 2009
SomeBritishDude said:
Why was giant frogger avoiding those cars? If I was him I would got some pay back, started squishing them.

That aside, not a bad video. I loved the bit with the tetris blocks destroying whole skyscrapers.
Google frogger. Its a game frome 1981.
Still remember playing it on my gameboy everywhere

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
-Torchedini- said:
SomeBritishDude said:
Why was giant frogger avoiding those cars? If I was him I would got some pay back, started squishing them.

That aside, not a bad video. I loved the bit with the tetris blocks destroying whole skyscrapers.
Google frogger. Its a game frome 1981.
Still remember playing it on my gameboy everywhere
...Yes, I know. Thats why I called him "Frogger" rather than "that Frog" and why I said he should get his own back on the cars that kept squishing him in the game.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Chester41585 said:
I'm pretty sure this was posted before. The poster was accused of spamming, advertising, and some people didn't even view the video because they suspected the link of containing some questionable or damaging material.
Then the thread was locked and deleted.

Then this pops up a few days later.
I've been seeing this a lot.

This happened to me with the recent Vault Boy image that never made it into Fallout 2. I could understand the thread being locked as the image showed Vault Boy kicking a pregnant women in the stomach, but a news thread about it appeared about 2 days later.

If I was a conspiracy nut I'd swear the escapist mods are trying to take the news away from the community so it looks exclusive.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Us diehard retrogamers of the Commodore persuasion don't even need to be told - saw the video and the Commodore logo jumped out at me, THEN saw this news item just now. (Edit to add: The Psygnosis and Ocean logos were also a nice touch. Didn't see them until 2nd viewing, though.)

As to my first impression when I saw it? Kind of odd, but I didn't expect games to be portrayed as such a devastatingly negative force in a fan video.

(To borrow SCP Foundation terminology, I wasn't expecting that TV to turn into an XK-class Keter.)

hardband

Nov 21, 2009
Awesome, amazing graphics. Too bad more references couldn't be put in :(

Really entertaining though, which is a good thing and i honestly don't think theres any symbolic message to be found.

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
Aedes said:
Looks like one damn good video to me.
Those pixels oddly reminds me of Lego though. Weird...
Same.

But then again, pixels look like those one piece legos with the 4 little...whatevers on top to begin with.

Still, pretty awesome video.

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
SomeBritishDude said:
Chester41585 said:
I'm pretty sure this was posted before. The poster was accused of spamming, advertising, and some people didn't even view the video because they suspected the link of containing some questionable or damaging material.
Then the thread was locked and deleted.

Then this pops up a few days later.
I've been seeing this a lot.

This happened to me with the recent Vault Boy image that never made it into Fallout 2. I could understand the thread being locked as the image showed Vault Boy kicking a pregnant women in the stomach, but a news thread about it appeared about 2 days later.

If I was a conspiracy nut I'd swear the escapist mods are trying to take the news away from the community so it looks exclusive.
Lolz, good thing you're not a conspiracy nut. The thing about the internet is that someone has always seen something first and posted about it somewhere. We post it as news as soon as we can. As for why threads get locked, that's something I have zero knowledge on, but I can tell you that stealing news from our community members is not something anyone does :)

lewism247

Aug 1, 2009
ProfessorLayton said:
I'm not even going to try and understand how he did that...
Magic and a big racoon

OP: Very impressive, I hope they do more projects like this