Videogames That Should Be Made Into Movies

hippieshopper

Oct 18, 2008
Has anyone said Twisted metal yet? If not... TWISTED METAL...anyone you choose but probably 4 or Black because the story is more centered around one character.

Maybe a Ratchet game...MAAAYBE

Command and Conquer, something with Yuri?

Starcraft? Gabriel Knight?

A few of those may make good movies.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Indigo_Dingo post=7.74946.858320 said:
Am I the only one who was psyched when I saw that trailer for a Zelda movie? I thought it looked awesome.
So was I. That would have been an awesome movie. It's a shame.

I actually think Resistence would make an interesting movie, so would the original Halo. There isn't enough Sci-fi nowadays.

stevetastic

Oct 22, 2008
sheic99 post=7.74946.855155 said:
PureChaos post=7.74946.853071 said:
on topic, im hoping the low budget zelda film wont be a disappointment when they do finally get round to releasing it.
'Just so you know that was a April Fool's Joke that IGN did.'

how comes everyone seemed to believe that it was a real film. the advert was so badly done, i knew it was fake the first time i saw it.
Most games wouldn't make good movies (like legend of Zelda) because they are slow long games, it could work as a TV series.

FranicalFrazical

May 5, 2008
Theres no hope for games in the movie industry... the closest they got was Silent Hill but it still sucked...basically if the Bioshock movie fails there is no hope...however I will retract the statement if Guillermo Del Toro goes on to direct the Halo movie because that is a winning combination

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Half Life. I like the idea of seeing the Black Mesa laboratory Resonance Cascade, and Xen in Gordon Freeman's eyes er... glasses, is just pure genius. I hope they do it right. I would like to see someone like Jerry Bruckheimer take this game and make it into the fucking awesome movie it should deserve.

hippieshopper

Oct 18, 2008
FranicalFrazical post=7.74946.858993 said:
Theres no hope for games in the movie industry... the closest they got was Silent Hill but it still sucked...basically if the Bioshock movie fails there is no hope...however I will retract the statement if Guillermo Del Toro goes on to direct the Halo movie because that is a winning combination
The Postal movie was pretty funny...

FranicalFrazical

May 5, 2008
hippieshopper post=7.74946.859673 said:
.... you cant be serious *heart attack*

hippieshopper

Oct 18, 2008
FranicalFrazical said:
hippieshopper post=7.74946.859673 said:
.... you cant be serious *heart attack*
I laughed my ass of at the part when the Dude went to the Welfare office, despite the gunfight all he wanted to do was get the next number, that's funny as hell to me.

scatman94

Oct 29, 2008
I think that the DS game The World Ends With You has great potential for a movie or maybe a series. Other movies I think might make a great movie would be Halo, Mass Effect, Legend Of Zelda, and Guitar Hero (just kidding).

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
OK, if there is a video game movie adaptation that DOES NOT suck - then I will change my avatar. Whether it be now or later, if it happens, I'll do it. I've had this thing from day one!

(So that means it's never gonna happen! Har har!)

this_was_a_mistake

May 22, 2008
How are you suppose to make a movie on LittleBigPlanet?
I would like to see No More Heroes, and they're already making a BioShock movie.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
Probably something like Gears of War or one of the Splinter Cell games.
But they'd probably mess it up like they did with Max Payne; a great game, perfect for film adaptation, awful film...

Scruffy323

Sep 28, 2008
I've always been a gamer and a regular at the local cinema and I have always loved the idea of a good merger of my two favorite mediums. However I have yet to see the ultimate game-movie lovechild: Tetris; The Movie. Maybe a Tetris; The Movie; The Game!

Think I'm joking? Well, kind of, but I wouldn't be surprised. Pixar, don't you dare.