Vin Diesel Chokes A Bird In Debut Riddick Trailer

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
I have a huge, completely heterosexual man crush on Vin Diesel, and Riddick is one of my favorite series ever...

Needless to say, I eagerly await September...

Apr 17, 2009
Hmm, on the one hand it looks kind of like a retread of the first movie. On the other hand the first movie was awesome. So kind of balances out on the side of awesome there

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Looks to be without soul or any decent plot or character development. Which wouldn't be so bad if the special effects and action sequences didn't look so cheap. I'll give this one a miss, methinks.

TheUnbeholden

Dec 13, 2007
fix-the-spade said:
So basically it's Pitch Black remade with the crew replaced by Not Colonial Marines?
that sentence makes no sense

Terramax said:
Looks to be without soul or any decent plot or character development.
You can tell that from a trailer? You'd have to be psychic to know that.

I know its not a teaser but seriously there's no way to know anything except a general overview of the plot & some of the key action sequences. Whether a plot is decent depends on the details which you don't get from a trailer, character development takes alot of screen time over the course of a movie.

Terramax said:
Which wouldn't be so bad if the special effects and action sequences didn't look so cheap. I'll give this one a miss, methinks.
It looks pretty decent except for some places, which I assume will be polished out by the time the movie is released.

Pallindromemordnillap said:
Hmm, on the one hand it looks kind of like a retread of the first movie. On the other hand the first movie was awesome. So kind of balances out on the side of awesome there
My thoughts exactly, if its like Pitch Black or Escape from Butcher Bay then I'm happy.

Product Placement

Jul 16, 2009
Sure, it's a neat trailer but how many times is Riddick gonna find himself on a planet ruled by vicious creatures that live in the dark?

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
So it's essentially a remake of Pitch Black. Precisely what I wanted. A remake of a medicore and forgettable movie. The subject line is accurate. Vin Diesel chocks his chicken for all to see.

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
Sleekit said:
tbh i have very little problems with a "back to basic" attempt at reinvigorating the franchise.

i think most people would probably agree the 2nd film went too big.
Frankly, that anyone outside of Vin Diesel cares about Riddick baffles me. I saw Pitch Black and didn't care. I saw trailers for the other one, and didn't care enough to see it. I guess there's games and other stuff, too, but as a franchise it's like a cinder block on the starting line. I must not be alone in my not really liking the character or else it would have been a lot more popular than it was. The franchise wouldn't need to be invigorated if it had any vigor in the first place. To paraphrase a wiser man than I, going back to mine the last film you're sure was good just isn't very classy.

Redoing Pitch Black, essentially, just seems desperate and almost an admission of defeat. They can't make this character work except in the first movie, so they'll just do it again.

Zoe Castillo

Mar 4, 2011
from the looks of it Riddick wearing Necromonge ( or however the fuck you spell that) armor and yet doesn?t seem to have this army ..... that could be interesting .

I still maintain that Pitch Black was legitimately a good movie . While Chronicles on the other hand was kind of lame and had so much blur i could never tell what the fuck is going on . so it's nice to see them going back to formula .

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
wasn't Riddick space Jesus after the last movie?
and my god is that a terrible trailer, it gives away the whole damn movie, why not have it end with him in chains?

EvolutionKills

Jul 20, 2008
RJ 17 said:
Looks like they're going back to the Pitch Black formula of Riddick being a badass criminal with a bunch of space jockies on a hostile-alien infested planet. This should serve well to win back the people that didn't like Chronicles because of the whole Necromonger (think that's what they were called) deal.

Personally I enjoyed both the movies and I won't deny that I'm not looking forward to this one.
Essentially, only now the environmental trigger appears to be rain instead of darkness. Besides that, it looks to be another take on the Pitch Black story. I just don't think they're going to get the same vibe out of a group of seemingly cookie-cutter bounty hunters as they did from the originals hodgepodge of random civilian survivors. Still, they might get it to work.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
It's exactly the first movie!

What happened to him being lord marshal?
It's better be some prequel shit.

What!

chikusho

Jun 14, 2011
Why the hell would they be on the same planet as the first movie?
I'm not really liking all the slow-mo action stuff. Riddick is supposed to be a menace, like an Alien who strikes from the dark and disappears. Or, well, he always was in my mind anyway.
I just hope there will be some consistency with his sensitivity to light this go around.
It annoyed me to know end that, in Pitch Black he had still had to be in the shadow to see correctly _WITH_ his goggles on. In chronicles, he sees perfectly well on a planet with AN OCEAN OF FIRE.
Anyway, might be entertaining, but I think I'll just be annoyed with how they are wasting a riddickulously cool character.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I think the trailer says it perfectly.

"This... this ain't nothing new"

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
It looks awesome, but as always they have given away far too much from the trailer. They should have kept a lot of that under wraps so we actually have some suspense in the film.

We can all pretty much guess the majority of the plot based upon that.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
Am I the only one who doesn't care for Riddick at ALL!?

Don't get me wrong, Chronicles of Riddick:Escape from Butcher Bay was an awesome game, and Pitch Black was amazing for the monsters and the overall premise... but I just find Riddick himself the most boring kind of character. I will watch this though, just because those monsters look neat. God knows I don't get to say that enough these days.