virginity for sale!

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/4222155/Student-auctions-off-virginity-for-offers-of-more-than-2.5-million.html

tl;dr version: a woman is auctioning off her virginity in order to pay for grad school. she has a degree in women's studies and her sister paid her way through college after three weeks of prostitution. the bidding is now up to $3.7 million(!)

now she's running it through a nevada brothel, so it's all legal, and she's explicitly stated that she is doing this of her own volition and considers it empowering; clearly no one can argue this is anything but awesome.

my issue is: is this really worth $3.7 million? really? sure, maybe <a href=http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/01/15/2009-01-15_virginforsale_natalie_dylan_says_kim_kar.html> if Kim Kardashian was involved, but otherwise i can't see it being worth more than six figures. am i wrong on this? what's the going rate on virginity?

EDIT: <a href=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/12/natalie-dylan-auctions-of_n_157329.html>this huffington post article has way better pictures of her for some reason.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Tempting, but no.
My virginity is just as valuable, thus I shall give it only to the one I deem worthy.

Lazzi

Apr 12, 2008
good have times really changed that much. I remeber when i was abel to do this for free

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
/facepalm

This is so wrong on many level.

"her said paid her way through college after three weeks of prostitution. the bidding is now up to $3.7 million(!)"

Virgin, after 3 weeks of prostitution? > . >, and she doesn't look 22, at all. < . <.

Oh dear, what happened to this world?

Get Off My Lawn

Jan 6, 2009
She's pretty, of course. But doing that to pay off her education? That's.. ironic, isn't it? A dumb thing to do if you ask me. Not entirely dumb, though. If she wants to make money that way...

Say Anything

Jan 23, 2008
A few days ago when we were discussing this in the IRC, someone brought up the amazing little tidbit in the article that said:

Miss Dylan, from San Diego, California, USA, said she was persuaded to offer herself to the highest bidder after her sister Avia, 23, paid for her own degree after working as a prostitute for three weeks.
It was at that moment, for the first and hopefully the last moment of my life, that I was unhappy with the sexual organs I was born with,

ellimist337

Sep 30, 2008
I know graduate school is expensive, but I would think there would be a number of other ways to pay for it. I guess it's her choice, but it definitely wouldn't be mine.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
All I can say is that this left me with e great big /facepalm. Honestly do people not value their self respect anymore.

Sprogus

The Lord of Dreams
Jan 8, 2009
Oh yay who ever wins gets stuck with a girl who doesn't know what she is doing. Plus if I was to pray to Allah and die in is name I would get 72 virgins.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
cainx10a said:
/facepalm

"her said paid her way through college after three weeks of prostitution. the bidding is now up to $3.7 million(!)"

Virgin, after 3 weeks of prostitution? > . >, and she doesn't look 22, at all. < . <.

sorry, i typoed. her sister was a prostitute for three weeks and paid for college. the woman in question claims to be a virgin and is willing to undergo medical testing to prove it.

Varchld

is drunk and disorderly.
Nov 8, 2008
Aardvark said:
3.7 mil? That's probably just /b/ being dicks.
Yea i'd have to agree.

This type of thing has happened before though, I don't remember the price but it was a lot less the a few million.
Then there's the girl(s) who slept with someone for wow gold or something.

I almost wish some real asshole would be the customer and teach her a lesson in humility...almost.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
cainx10a said:
/facepalm

I think that's a typo...The other story says:

"her said sister paid her way through college after three weeks of prostitution. the bidding is now up to $3.7 million(!)"

But still, talk about sibling rivalry. Way to outdo your whore of a sister, by getting $3.7 million in 1/21st(?) of the time. 1 night instead of 3 weeks, what's that as a fraction?