Voice of Half-Life 2's Dr. Breen Dies, Aged 79

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
I'm still seeing Breen. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq5EnEa7Mg8&feature=related]

Rest in peace, and thanks for providing such a great character. May you have some administration spot in the afterlife.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
The first thing I thought was I guess Half-Life 3 might end up taking longer if breen was meant for a comeback... I'm pretty ashamed of myself right now.

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009

Either valve will find another voice actor that has a very similar voice or Breen is now officially dead. But it sucks either way. I could care (a bit) less if it's some high value celebrity. But if they part of a great video game, it makes me sad. R.I.P :(

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
Now I didn't know much about Robert Culp, but I do know that he did justice to the roll of Dr.Breen and it fit the character nicely... Makes you appreciate the people behind the character a little more...

I hated Breen, but I loved his voice. Gamers everywhere respected the work you did in your life time... Rest in peace.

VGFreak1225

Dec 21, 2008
Damn, he was amazing in Half-Life 2. His speech in Nova Prospect remains one of my favorite bits of vocal work in a game ever. R.I.P. and I send my condolences to his family.

Standby

Jul 24, 2008
Julianking93 said:
Damn, that sucks.

Seems like celebrities are still dying off at an alarming rate.
Who knew that celebrities lives were just as finite as us normal folk.