Voice of Half-Life 2's Dr. Breen Dies, Aged 79

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
The Great JT said:
I can't wait to see this reflected on in After Curfew with Dr. Breen.

Well, guess it was his time to go. Too bad.
DONT SAY THAT! IT WAS NOT HIS TIME TO GO!!! FUUUUUUUCCCK!

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
R.I.P.

Not that I really care too much...I mean...It's only Breen. They'll get a replacement somehow...
Yep, R.I.P., Wallace Breen.

Although, yeah, he can be replaced. Now if they lost Alyx's voice actress, which they shouldn't given she is fairly young, I would be uberpissed, she's my favorite character!

EDIT: What if they lost Gordon?!

Pirce

Nov 5, 2008
R.I.P

I wonder how many more cast members will die before Episode 3 is released?

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Tinneh said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
R.I.P.

Not that I really care too much...I mean...It's only Breen. They'll get a replacement somehow...
Yep, R.I.P., Wallace Breen.

Although, yeah, he can be replaced. Now if they lost Alyx's voice actress, which they shouldn't given she is fairly young, I would be uberpissed, she's my favorite character!

EDIT: What if they lost Gordon?!
And the guy who voices Barney/G-Man. Yeah, same person. Seriously, what would you do with those guys if we lost the voice?

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Sad face.
I seriously went "OH NO!" when I saw this on the news page. I don't know why, but it seems like such a loss.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
Rest in piece Mr. Culp. you'll live on through your work which hopefully will be remembered for some time

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
Is it wrong the first thing I thought was.. "oh shit, now who's going to voice Breen in episode 3?" then I quickly remembered Breen died at the end of HL2... and only then did I feel sorry for the actor. o_o feel like kicking myself.

In all seriousness, RIP.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
pwnzerstick said:
If he was supposed to make an appearance in HL2:E3 I sure hope that they recorded it already.
(I know it wouldn't make sense though)
I personally think this is fortuitious (not in a good way) for Valve, as in Episode 1 (or was it 2?), I could have sworn that Breen [spoiler\]gave up his physical body, and became one of the controllers in order to pass through the portal into Xen[/spoiler].
Of course I could be wrong. That's just how I interpreted the story.