"Wait... its 3 am!?"

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I had that two days ago with Endless Space. Just an hour around midnight I said. I won't play for ages I said.

Next time I alt-tabbed out of the game it was 3:30. Woops.
Fr said:
anc[is]Currently it's Warlock Master of the Arcane. In civ games I'm usually a peaceful builder, so my endgame always ends up with me giving the exact same build orders to dozens of cities every single turn and nothing else. Warlock forces you to be aggressive, so there is always something to do, and just one more turn of fighting you want to do.
I so want that game but at the same time I fear it. So many hours....

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
This happened a hell of a lot with Skies of Arcadia: Legends. More recently it happens with the Mass Effect series pissing my girlfriend (who is in bed on my chest while I play) off to no end as she tries to sleep. This will also happen with the Trauma Centre/Trauma Team series due to the short missions and brilliant gameplay.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Dark Souls and Tribes are my biggest offenders right now, and it's not uncommon for me to be up until damn near 10AM playing them. That said, I usually try to be in bed around 8AM, so that's not anywhere near as bad as some people in this thread.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
ReinWeisserRitter said:
3 or 4 AM tends to be my normal bedtime, so.

FalloutJack said:
What do you think HAPPENS when I play an RPG?
This is one of the strangest questions I've seen asked on a message board. No one here knows anything about you; how the crap would they have any supposition about what would happen if you came across an RPG, or anything?
Take a break, man. The internet's getting to you and it's starting to look all serious business, and that's NEVER a good sign.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
I am currently experiencing that with Dark Souls. "Oh, I will just play for 45 minutes, nothing special... WTF, how did it become 3 hours later all of a sudden?"

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Persona 4.

I just get lost in the game. I keep telling myself "One more day, then I'll quit". Then I end up playing through an entire month.

Persona's a hell of a drug.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
League of Legends. I get into a loop where I'm like "just one more match, and then I'll go to bed." Problem is that 20 minutes is a super short match, and I average about 45 minutes per game. Figure 2-5 games per session depending on how long each game takes, and I frequently find myself going "when did it get to be 3 AM? The last time I looked at the clock it was midnight."

Vampire cat said:
Games, TV series, James May, Movies, Chatting and online shopping are all things that cause me to, almost every night, go to bed way later than I should have =p. And dont get me started on the induvidual ones, because that list would be far too long!
Also this. Some of us are just night owls.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
At the moment Awesomenauts is sucking up far too much of my time. In the grim darkness of the far future there are only 80s cartoon intros, space cowboys and cat launchers.

Maybe I'll do just one more match before I come off for tonight. Maybe two. Three. Now I'm on a winning streak? I suppose I could stay for a couple more...

I can only sleep when it gets to about 2 or 3 in the morning anyway. If I try to change when I sleep it always drifts back to around that time.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
it's now 4:10 am where i live and perfecting Twin Ring Motegi in GT5 did that and i didn't even noticed.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Vindictus has roped me in again lately with its new Archer character. But honestly, I'd be up until about that time anyway, if not playing Vindictus then doing something else. Gotta enjoy the few days off I have from work before my new college semester starts.

Captcha: Point-Blank

Ha. Archer Character.

AlexKasper

Feb 8, 2011
I tend to spend loads of time on RPGs. Most recently Chrono Trigger for the DS.

I've also been spending way too much time on Mount and Blade Warband when I usually only mean to play it for an hour or two.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
Anytime I pick up an RPG (or any game that I really like for that matter) this happens. Evenings and the night are my game time, so I usually end up sleeping around 5 am after hearing my stomach going "Dying Whake SFX" for food.

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
For me, it was Torchlight, i remember playing for 6 hours once during December a few years ago, my brother gifted it to me on Steam and i sorta got hooked to Steam as a result.

But currently, im leaning towards World of Warcraft, but only for the sake of grinding old content in preparation for Mists, still need to gather some people for Mojo sometime and getting around to getting the Crawling Claw and Crimson Whelping somehow....

As for Minecraft, its one of those games that gets boring when playing alone, simply having access to blocks and a safe mode just makes building things too easy, whereas playing on a multiplayer server has more danger but a more larger creative pool of people, its interesting to see what things people build....but i just lose interest in it since my Brother usually resets the server every update or so, meaning it's just pointless making diverse housing locations if the next spawn location lacks some items.

Baldur Moon

Aug 4, 2012
BreakfastMan said:
I am currently experiencing that with Dark Souls. "Oh, I will just play for 45 minutes, nothing special... WTF, how did it become 3 hours later all of a sudden?"
God that game played hell on my internal clock...
"*Yawn* man I'm getting tired, should probably get some sleep for school tomor- *alarm goes off* Wait...what!?"

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Baldur Moon said:
BreakfastMan said:
God that game played hell on my internal clock...
"*Yawn* man I'm getting tired, should probably get some sleep for school tomor- *alarm goes off* Wait...what!?"
"Well, I should probably turn in now. Got work tomorrow. Wait, why is it light outside? ...Oh crap."

Bobsonnn

Jul 12, 2009
One of the simultaneously best and worst gaming story I have was just after getting Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, I started playing as you do, curtains shut, in my room etc. I'd started playing afternoonish, so it was daylight, so after a while, I opened my curtains, its sunny out. Naturally, this confused me, so I checked the playtime... 23 hours. To this day, no idea how I didn't realise.

Mar 30, 2010
As many other people have said, RPGs are the main offenders here. Morrowind, Skyrim, and Fallout:New Vegas are my picks for time-sponge RPGs, but other games that have the same effect on me are GTA3 and most recently Trials Evolution. Lately I have found myself going online for "just one race" in Supercross mode only to look up at the clock some significant number of races later and notice that I'm due in work in three hours.