"Wait... its 3 am!?"

C F

Jan 10, 2012
I don't often do this, but this premise was actually my modus operandi the first time I got my hands on Mass Effect. My roommate/brother was staying the night elsewhere, so I had the room to myself. It was also the weekend, so I had no pressing engagements. My mind and I were in agreement: "I am so going to binge on this!"

...MAN was that fun.
Pro-tip: don't drive the Mako through Noveria while sleep-addled.

Wanderer787

Mar 14, 2011
Civilization 3, 4, and 5; X-Com: UFO Defense; Minecraft; Orcs Must Die!; Avernum: Escape from the Pit

There have been others, but those are the ones that spring to mind. Not all are current.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Maybe not 3am, but I do stay up late, generally when playing video games. But I pass the fuck out around 1 since I have to work, and work is tiring as christ.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
Whenever I play a really good game. It's usually some rpg, like Dragon age or Mass effect. I did it with Saints row 2 all the time...

Baldur Moon

Aug 4, 2012
BreakfastMan said:
Baldur Moon said:
BreakfastMan said:
I am currently experiencing that with Dark Souls. "Oh, I will just play for 45 minutes, nothing special... WTF, how did it become 3 hours later all of a sudden?"
God that game played hell on my internal clock...
"*Yawn* man I'm getting tired, should probably get some sleep for school tomor- *alarm goes off* Wait...what!?"
"Well, I should probably turn in now. Got work tomorrow. Wait, why is it light outside? ...Oh crap."
Pshhh sleep's overrated anyways, you don't need it.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
"Boots Just Cause 2 at 10 pm" Right, only one hour!

"At 11 am" Thank God it's Saturday.

Others include AC: Brotherhood, Skyrim, Shadow of the Colossus (for some reason), and Demon's Souls.

Watching ZP or YouTube has this effect too.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
League of Legends though I think that has more to do with who am I playing with than the actual game itself.

targren

May 13, 2009
Baldur Moon said:
targren said:
Thankfully, I beat the EnderDragon today so there's not much left for me to do, unless I roll a superflat creative world to make my replica of Babylon 5...
If your planning on going life size... God help you and your employment :p
I can understand the "god help me" part, but where does my employment enter into it? I haven't ever missed a day of work because of MC (or any other game in recent memory.)

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
Civilization
X-Com
The Darkness
Rocksmith once my fingers loosened up (My parent's LOVED that one)
WoW
Diablo 3

I have played all of these without realizing it was getting/was late.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I remember the first time this happened to me. A friend had recommended this game to me and I sat down after dinner one night to try it, the next thing I know the sun is rising and birds are chirping outside my window. The game? X-Com, and it can still do it too me. In fact there are really only three games that have had this grip on me, X-Com, Civ II, and Minecraft, the rest I can quit about one or two o'clock, but those three can still make the sun come up.

Baldur Moon

Aug 4, 2012
targren said:
Baldur Moon said:
targren said:
Thankfully, I beat the EnderDragon today so there's not much left for me to do, unless I roll a superflat creative world to make my replica of Babylon 5...
If your planning on going life size... God help you and your employment :p
I can understand the "god help me" part, but where does my employment enter into it? I haven't ever missed a day of work because of MC (or any other game in recent memory.)
Just a joke. Wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

sora91111

Dec 10, 2010
pretty much every good rpg, because in my opinion if it doesn't take you in it isn't doing its job

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Heroes of Newerth. That game just seems to chew up all my time.

A fun one was when Skyrim first came out. I unlocked it on Steam at 12.01 am and sat down until I felt a little hungry.

"Right, I guess it's time for breakfast. Hang on, it's still dark? I'm sure I've been playing for longer than tha- HOLY CRAP! IT'S 9PM?!

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
Since summer started I usually go to sleep at around 2:30. I heard that a Teen's body is meant to stay up late and wake up even later.

recurve6

Jan 8, 2011
I usually do this playing...Pokemon! Yes, Pokemon. More specifically, doing Pokemon Nuzlockes because the regular thing is just boring now.